Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Your Best-Kept Beauty Secret

If you've been playing with makeup for awhile, you've probably picked up or developed tricks of your own that most people wouldn't think of. Do you have an unusual foolproof technique for applying your foundation? Do you use a particular product in an unexpected way? Have you found an unconventional hack for clearing up a blemish overnight? Here's the place to trade your little-known ideas!

Re: Your Best-Kept Beauty Secret

What a great thread idea! I can't wait to hear someone's answer to the unconventional hack of dealing with an unwelcome pimple. 

I've always preferred natural skin looking foundation and was having the hardest time achieving that (keep in mind this is way before the beauty blender came around). I was so frustrated so I went into the store to return the foundations I had and to talk to an associate about another one they would recommend. 

The associate was actually very helpful and gave me some great tips that I now swear by! Hopefully these aren't too basic for you beauty experts lol. 

1. You can do a lot with concealer if you don't want to use foundation. This obviously gives the most natural look and it's perfect for the summer!

2. Warm the foundation up with your fingers. Take a little pump and rub it between your fingers before applying to your face. It helps it blend in much easier. 

3. Apply less than you think you need then build on top of that. I don't think I even use a full pump of foundation anymore, I just apply little by little until I get the coverage I need. Since pouring through the skincare threads my skin is looking and feeling great so the only purpose I need for foundation is for redness. 

A cast member advised me to do little dots on my face and then build up as I needed it. This has really taught me to use less and my skin is quite happy. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

Lisa Eldridge swears by these very principles in every video and they really do work!

i talk about it a lot on these boards, but to the outside world it's still a bit of a novel approach: treating a zit/breakout with facial oil. either it brings it to a head, or it calms and soothes it into submission before things get really nasty. and afterwards, scaring is virtually non existent, as  the area has been nourished rather than dried out. 

i'll add more as they occur to me !

Jem I know you recommend this all the time but I'm still afraid to try it haha. 

Your campaign for oils is winning me over a little more and more every day. 😉

Which facial oils would you recommend @jemly? I have normal/dry skin. Thanks 🙂

@Mcakes my HG and all time favorite is CLARINS blue orchid oil. the lotus oil in the same range is formulated for oily skins--so maybe not best suited for you--but has oils with antiseptic properties which are particularly great for 'spot treating' with an oil. the blue orchid is formulated for dehydration, so it's particularly conditioning to compromised skin. 

so these are my favorites. i know greenchili loves the UMA range (i haven't tried these). def get some samples of various oils if you can and see how your skin likes them !

91 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing