Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition Part II

It's been a few months since I had created the original thread and I figured since it went over so well that it's about time to launch a second version!

For those wanting to check in on the chaos from part 1, here you go:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Would-You-Rather-The-Sephora-Edition/m-p/2674243/...

The rules are simple, you must make a choice between the options given. You can justify it however you want, but you can't alter the initial circumstances. In other words if the option is "Would you rather glitter get stuck in your eye every day or have your hair caught on lip gloss every day?" you can't say "Well, I don't wear lip gloss anyway so I go with that option!" By choosing the lip gloss, that means you'd have to put on lip gloss to eventually have your hair get caught on it. 😛

Obviously this game is just for fun (no one is going to force you to apply lip gloss and have your hair get caught in it :P), so with that being said, game on! Feel free to post responses in a spoiler tag if you're not wanting to have your answers in a long, visible post!

Image result for wayne's world game on gif

WOULD YOU RATHER;

1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums with a guarantee that whatever promo will be in-stock, but have to never get the annual discounts of $X and X% off every again OR only be able to cash in on the $X and X% off discounts and have to deal with spending minimums for promos, but run the risk of stock running out?

2. Only be able to use singles (eye shadow pans, blush pans, bronzer pans, lipstick bullets, etc.) for the rest of your life OR only be able to use palettes (concealer palettes, eye shadow palettes, blush palettes, lipstick palettes, etc.) for the rest of your life?

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look OR a matte eye look with a metallic lip for the rest of your life?

4. Go through the day with one set of eye lashes glued down together from a failed false lash application OR go through with red lipstick smeared on your chin all day?

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours OR apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish on your nails and wear it for 24 hours?

6. Wear a shade of Anastasia's Dip Brow that is 2 shades too light for your hair/brow color OR 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color?

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month OR have to just buy brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes?

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy OR drop your favorite makeup brush in the toilet?

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on OR spend that entire week with too much bronzer on?

10. Never be able to shop instores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora OR have a Sephora 1 mile within where you live and only be able to shop there and never have access to Sephora's site every again?

11. Get the entire Tom Ford lipstick collection for free only to discover all the tubes have melted down OR get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening?

12. Wear one of Dr. Jart's Rubber Masks (which have their rubber mask pieces colored according to their type) out in public on a date OR wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask (which is silver in color) out in public on a date?

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor OR have to wear the entire bottle of your favorite perfume?

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do not predominately use OR have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you?

15. Wear around an unblended contour/highlight look (as in the swipes, dots, dashes, and laid-down application of colors before you tackle and blend everything out) out for a week OR wear around an undusted baked look (as in a super generous and heavy amount of powder is applied to regions of the face to set creams/liquids) out for a week?

Re: Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition Part II

Wowie, you're the first to choose glued lashes! Just say you're winking at everyone all day haha!

Now I'm imagining seeing someone being chased by a swarm of bees due to perfume excess!

1. I'd much rather receive the $ and % discounts. Think of the money you can save on full price items!

2. I'd rather use palettes for the rest of my life. You can never have enough options, right? 

3. Matte lip with metallic eye for sure. 

4. Red lipstick smeared on my chin, because it sounds less uncomfortable.

5. I think I would swatch every single shade of nail polish. Have you guys seen those YouTube videos?! So ridiculous but funny at the same time lol.

6. I'd wear a shade of ABH Dip Brow that was two shades darker, in hopes they looked fuller!

7. I think I would choose washing my/my friends' brushes 1x week for a month. I'm sure my friends would treat me to pizza or tacos if I did XD

8. Lose the Beauty Blender. If it makes someone else happy, then they can have it. Dropping a makeup brush in the toilet doesn't make anyone happy lol.

9. I would spend the entire week with too much bronzer. I have a pretty tan complexion, and I never mind having the extra color!

10. I love shopping online, and a lot more convenient. Online it is! ...Especially since the stores around me are typically super busy.

11. I'm pretty sure I'd take the $200 lipstick shopping spree over melted lipstick any day. 

12. I would wear Gravity on a date in public. I think this would look more cool than the rubber mask. Kinda superhero/futuristic like. And with Coachella going on, I would just say that it's inspired by Coachella hahaha. 

13. Ummmmm I think I would just break it. Wearing it might give me a headache.

14. I would apply my own makeup with my less predominant hand. I don't know if these people washed their hands or not! Gross lol...

15. I would wear around an un-blended contour/highlight look. At least I'd be able to make fun patterns. Baking would just look plain dusty haha!

Cheers!
Nikko

I'm glad so many of us have decided on red lipstick smudged on our chins! Haha! Maybe if enough of us choose it then it'll be a trend and no one would have to explain themselves!

I like the tie in of the GG mask with Coachella! Make it a Coachella date so you'd kill two birds with one stone, great music while pampering your skin! LOL!

1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums with a guarantee that whatever promo will be in-stock, but have to never get the annual discounts of $X and X% off every again. Bring on the promos!

2. only be able to use palettes (concealer palettes, eye shadow palettes, blush palettes, lipstick palettes, etc.) for the rest of your life?

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look 

4. go through with red lipstick smeared on your chin all day?

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours

6.  2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color?

7.  just buy brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes?

8.  drop your favorite makeup brush in the toilet

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on 

10. Never be able to shop instores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora 

11. get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening?

12.  wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask (which is silver in color) out in public on a date?

13.  have to wear the entire bottle of your favorite perfume? haha it might last longer than 30 minutes 

14.have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you?

15. Wear around an unblended contour/highlight look (as in the swipes, dots, dashes, and laid-down application of colors before you tackle and blend everything out) out for a week 

@Samtian - #13...lol...this is probably the trick!  😄

@Titian06 😄 someone needs to make a perfume primer I swear.

@Samtian - Great idea!  There's a primer for everything else, why not perfume?

I think I came across a perfume primer before! There's a brand called Canvas & Concrete that makes one and so does Scentinvent, which is called Linger. I think I remember reading about them a while ago.

You are a brave soul to wanna tackle all the liquid lips! Much braver than me!

@lylysa Bwahaha I'd totally wear all the liquid lips the same time as the Gravity Mud Mask 😄

If you don't become a conversation starter at that point at the date then I don't know what else you could do!

These questions are seriously making me laugh! 

Spoiler

1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums with a guarantee that whatever promo will be in-stock, but have to never get the annual discounts of $X and X% off every again OR only be able to cash in on the $X and X% off discounts and have to deal with spending minimums for promos, but run the risk of stock running out?

Gimme that discount! 😄

2. Only be able to use singles (eye shadow pans, blush pans, bronzer pans, lipstick bullets, etc.) for the rest of your life OR only be able to use palettes (concealer palettes, eye shadow palettes, blush palettes, lipstick palettes, etc.) for the rest of your life?

I've been a single lady for most of my life, sooo bring on the singles! 

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look OR a matte eye look with a metallic lip for the rest of your life?
I don't think I could deal with a metallic lip since it's a lot more visible than my eyes. I have glasses so hopefully it wouldn't look as crazy.

4. Go through the day with one set of eye lashes glued down together from a failed false lash application OR go through with red lipstick smeared on your chin all day?

I just wiped some lipstick off my chin, so I'm already going through this haha! 

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours OR apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish on your nails and wear it for 24 hours?

My lips have been so dry lately, I don't want to risk them! 

6. Wear a shade of Anastasia's Dip Brow that is 2 shades too light for your hair/brow color OR 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color?

I'll go too light since I can just say I'm going for a softer look. 😉

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month OR have to just buy brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes?

I have too many friends into brushes, gimme that cleaning duty! 

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy OR drop your favorite makeup brush in the toilet?

Although I'd be concerned for the pet, a Beauty Blender is much less inexpensive to replace. 

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on OR spend that entire week with too much bronzer on?

Sometimes I already put too much blush on on accident soo gimme that! I can always say I'm going for a more Japanese lolita look!  

10. Never be able to shop instores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora OR have a Sephora 1 mile within where you live and only be able to shop there and never have access to Sephora's site every again?

I want those online exclusives! Although wow, color matching would be a pain. Haha

11. Get the entire Tom Ford lipstick collection for free only to discover all the tubes have melted down OR get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening?

Melted lipstick would make me very very sad! 

12. Wear one of Dr. Jart's Rubber Masks (which have their rubber mask pieces colored according to their type) out in public on a date OR wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask (which is silver in color) out in public on a date?

I'm going to wear that mask and make my date wear one too. Also if it conveniently happens to fall off, oh no! 😉 

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor OR have to wear the entire bottle of your favorite perfume?

Break the bottle! As sad as it would be, wearing an entire bottle would be waaayyy too much. It'd make me sneeze! 

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do no predominately use OR have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you?

I am going to be come ambidextrous by the end of the week. I might not wear eyeliner that week.  

15. Wear around an unblended contour/highlight look (as in the swipes, dots, dashes, and laid-down application of colors before you tackle and blend everything out) out for a week OR wear around an undusted baked look (as in a super generous and heavy amount of powder is applied to regions of the face to set creams/liquids) out for a week?

This is probably the hardest questions for me...it's so hard to choose! I think I'll go with unblended contour and highlight. 

XOXO,
Marieke

Ooo, I didn't even think of the too much blush bit as contributing to a lolita look! Nice call!

Glad to provide some laughs! 😄

@lylysa I was thinking that or there is another look from Japan called hangover makeup. It's not very heavy on the blush but it does tend to give a rosier look to the cheeks. I could say that too but I'm not sure if I want to tell people I'm wearing a "hungover" inspired look. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

That "drank too much" flush! Haha!

funsies !

1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums with a guarantee that whatever promo will be in-stock, but have to never get the annual discounts of $X and X% off every again OR only be able to cash in on the $X and X% off discounts and have to deal with spending minimums for promos, but run the risk of stock running out? as much as i love a good promo, i probably benefit more from the sales. so....sales with the risk of OOS promos.

singles.jpg

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look OR a matte eye look with a metallic lip for the rest of your life? matte lip / metallic eye. metallic lips do not look good on me.

4. Go through the day with one set of eye lashes glued down together from a failed false lash application OR go through with red lipstick smeared on your chin all day? i'm pretty sure i have gone all day with red lipstick on my chin ! embarrassing, but i can't imagine functioning at all with the eyelash scenario. 

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours OR apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish on your nails and wear it for 24 hours? nails.

6. Wear a shade of Anastasia's Dip Brow that is 2 shades too light for your hair/brow color OR 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color? my hair is near black so i don't know if this is applicable on me. it's considered a faux pas but i like a dark brow. when you're hair as dark as mine, a feel like a light brown brow doesn't come off as intentional, but rather than i don't know what color my hair is. 

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month OR have to just buy brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes? i'm not flush enough to buy new brushes for both me and my friends due to laziness, but i would have the impulse to do so. that said; wash.

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy OR drop your favorite makeup brush in the toilet? lose a BB. at least it would serve a purpose as a dog toy too !

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on OR spend that entire week with too much bronzer on? too much bronzer, i think.

10. Never be able to shop instores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora OR have a Sephora 1 mile within where you live and only be able to shop there and never have access to Sephora's site every again? physical sephora.

11. Get the entire Tom Ford lipstick collection for free only to discover all the tubes have melted down OR get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening? $200 toward other lipsticks.

12. Wear one of Dr. Jart's Rubber Masks (which have their rubber mask pieces colored according to their type) out in public on a date OR wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask (which is silver in color) out in public on a date? silver mask ! 

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor OR have to wear the entire bottle of your favorite perfume? since i can't fathom doing the latter to myself or anyone around me, i'd say break it on the floor. at least my place would smell awesome for a while ? (KNOCK ON WOOD I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN !!!)

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do no predominately use OR have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you? use my non-dominant hand.

15. Wear around an unblended contour/highlight look (as in the swipes, dots, dashes, and laid-down application of colors before you tackle and blend everything out) out for a week OR wear around an undusted baked look (as in a super generous and heavy amount of powder is applied to regions of the face to set creams/liquids) out for a week? this one is hard. maybe the baked powder, tell everyone i'm going for a punk rock kabuki look.

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think about the perfume question being a jinx! 😛 Sending out good vibes to make sure bottle breaking doesn't happen to any one who chimes in lol!

I almost chose the GG silver mask because it does have some give and I was thinking "Wouldn't that make it easier to eat versus the rubber mask?" but I've tried the rubber one before and it holds up and on really well!

For my RuPaul's Drag Race fans, I give you Alyssa Edwards sporting face masks:

Image result for alyssa edwards face mask gif

Image result for alyssa edwards silver mask

Spoiler
Spoiler

A guaranteed discount is a guaranteed discount, so i'll go with that!

Singles, I'd amass way too many palettes if it were the other way around.

Matte lip and metallic eye, I could always do metallic liner and forego shadow just so my lids wouldn't be too blinding.

Bring on the lipstick, the glued lashes would seem like a disaster for when I drive and my depth perception.

I could only image the amount of acetone and cotton pads needed, but nail polish. Just the though of all the liquid lipsticks applied and how drying that would be to my lips is no fun!

Considering my brows are quite dark and full, I'd go with two shades too light since I'd imagine it wouldn't be that significant and far less dramatic that brows that are even darker.

I have no issues washing brushes, bring on the cleanliness!!!

For the sake of not wanting to risk any animal's health, I'd sacrifice a brush to the toilet.

Blush, I'll just pretend and say I'm super embarrassed all the time.

Saving some gas and saying I'd take online shopping!

My value-based side says to take the melted Tom Fords.

Rubber mask, and I'm sure it'd at least make for some interesting conversation!

Break away! I'd hate to assault anyone's senses with me drowning in a bottle's worth of fragrance.

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do no predominately use OR have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you?

Oh, hello there my left hand! Time to put you to the test!

Unblended contour/highlight, the baking look I feel would be too messy and I'd hate to have powder get into my eye just from moving too quickly. No thanks!

@lylysa your eyebrow answer makes more sense than mine. i've maybe changed my mind !

as for the BB / pet health issue, that's a good point. to be clear, though, i was thinking of the BB being used as my dog uses all his toys: to play fetch. he's never torn a toy up / no choking hazard. but now i feel like a bit of a neglectful dog mom that that's the way i went ! oh well.

Black hair with filled in super black/dark brows can look off for me in real life. If it's for the stage or shoots, I can understand the boldness, but with as full as my brows are, having that much filled in extra dark would be far too dramatic for daily wear! 😛

Oddly enough, I didn't even think to assume any pet of mine (if I had one) would merely use the BB as a chew or fetch toy versus being torn up. I think I had my cousin's puppy in mind, he was keen on biting up and into his toys when he was little.

Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 73 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • singles.jpg
testing