Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Why won’t make up wash off?!

Hi y’all! I have tried every kind of skin cleansing regime I can think of but no matter what I try, my make up is never 100% off!! I have tan/medium skin so all my make up shades show up pretty clearly on make up remover wipes, washcloths etc. Here’s my current method for removing make up after a normal day at work. 1. Make up remover wipe right when I get home 2. Before evening shower: Make up remover wipe x 2 + Use Bobbi brown eye make up remover on eyes 3. Wash face once with Cetaphil cleanser in shower 4. Use Clarisonic with facewash again in shower 5. Post shower: wipe face with micellar water using cotton rounds Even after doing all that, there’s still traces of make up on the cotton rounds. HELP

RE: Why won’t make up wash off?!

Do you wash your face at the beginning or end of your shower? It might help to do it at the end and after letting the cleaner sit on your skin for a couple minutes to help break everything up before going in when your Clarisonic. I always get makeup stuck along my hairline and in my eyebrows unless I really focus on cleansing those areas.

Re: Why won’t make up wash off?!

In addition to @GG84 ‘s oil cleanser suggestion: try moving your micellar water step up in your routine. Use it before your cleanser. After you use an oil cleanser or cleansing balm, wipe your face with micellar water to see if there’s still any makeup on your face. Hopefully the oil cleanser/balm will remove everything, so you won’t need the micellar water—or 2 in-shower washes—anymore. 🙂 

@nadineiz You may want to try an oil cleansing method in lieu of your face wipes. CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL

you would use all over your entire face, including eye, emulsify with water and rinse with a wash cloth. Then proceed to wash your face with your cleanser in the shower. Nothing should be left on your skin after. 

Second this! @nadineiz this is a great cleansing balm. I also like the belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mLbut that one I don't like on my eyes so I just use a micellar water on my eyes. What's nice about a balm, oil, or jelly is that you can really work it into your skin and break down all the makeup, especially if you're wearing full coverage, long wearing foundations and waterproof mascara but even just light makeup. If you wanted, you could use the micellar water after the balm to pick up any residue and then wash your face and use the Clarisonic. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing