Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

When can we expect the sun safety kit to be released for 2014?

Re: When can we expect the sun safety kit to be released for 2014?

I can confirm Sephora is giving away $20 from the sell of each Sun Safety Kit (price $32) to the Skin Cancer Foundation. It says so on the packaging. This is one of the reasons I wanted it. 

Yea, it looks like the actual sun safety kits are still donating the money.  This is a different kit.  

Thanks for posting this!  I love the Lavanilla in grapefruit vanilla so the coconut version sounds interesting.  I also love the Surf Spray and Divine Oil!

Thank you for hunting this down and sharing the information.  It makes a lot more sense now!

Is the kit online yet?

Summer Crushes is online now!! Smiley Happy

just bought the summer crushes kit!!!! I am so excited!

Is this the SiJCP sun safety kit or the Sephora one?

I called the Sephora in my area (chesterfield, mo) and they have them in stock as of today! I will definitely be stopping on my way home today! Thank you so much for the pics so I could see them!

They need to put them online already.  I do not want to drive all the way over to a Sephora.

Went to my store today, they said they got them yesterday! I got mine. It is the same one on this thread that is $32. They also showed me the summer crushes one which I did not get.  They didn't have them on display I had to ask for them. As I was leaving they put them out on the floor.  

I just bought my $32 Sun Safety kit today! I had called beforehand to make sure that they carried them, but I had to ask for it when I came in because they had them in the back. The SA says that they won't be putting them out until next week.

The burlap bag looks like the same one with pink sun rays as the SiJCP Sun Safety kit for $27. The $45 Summer Crushes Favorites set is also packaged similarly in a burlap bag but with golden sun rays. 

I considered getting the SiJCP one, but for $5 more, you get 16 products instead of 11. I wasn't interested in the $45 set, plus they do not donate money to the Skin Cancer Foundation. 

I was so tempted to buy a second $32 set, but want to leave some for others. 

So the difference between the $32 kit versus the $27 kit, is that the $32 kit has the same products as the $27 kit, but also has these extra five products: Clarins sunscreen, Dr. Dennis Gross Glow Pad, Dr. Dennis Gross Glow Moisture, Fresh mini lip treatment and Origins Green Tea moisturizer. 

The mini Fresh lip treatment cost $5 when it came in the holiday gift card holder, so that's the $5 difference just right there.

Also, I believe that all of the sizes are the same, except with the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I believe that the $32 kit has a 0.15 oz. one, and the $27 kit has a 0.03 oz. one. 

I hope this helps someone to better choose between the two kits!

I totally agree with everything this Heatoyos1 said. I went through the same thought process when I was deciding which kit to buy.

I guess great minds think alike? Smiley Wink

What the heck! I was at Sephora yesterday and specifically asked about this, and they said 'oh we have it in the back but we're not allowed to put it on the floor yet.'

Argh.

I wonder if you could have spoken to a manager? That would be very frustrating. 

I called first to make sure that they had it, so if a SA told me "No" when I got to the store, then I would have definitely mentioned the phone call, and spoken to a manager if that didn't work. I drove there specifically because they said it was in stock. 

Maybe they are really not supposed to sell even the ones in the back, and they are sticklers for the rules? I guess it varies store to store, or even SA to SA?

I guess so. Smiley Sad I suppose I could have questioned a little bit or asked them to pull it out of the back, but... sigh.

I know what you mean, I hate making waves, too. So I wandered all around the store looking for it, before I finally asked a SA. :/

I have two free standing Sephora's in town. I called one and they said they didn't have it (not even in the back) and I called the other and they had them out on the floor already. inconsistency is frustrating!

So, If you have more than one Sephora in town, call around! 

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • kit1.jpg
  • kit2.jpg
  • 20140503-150645.jpg
  • 20140503-150651.jpg