Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

So we're always posting on hauls and stuff, and I thought this would be an interesting twist.

Lots of us have that one (or more) thing that we eye every time we go into sephora/ sephora website, and we want to get it but we don't.

What is yours? What about it tempts you? and Why don't you get it?

I''ll start.

For sephora.com, I would definitely say the urban decay eyeliner vault.  All those shades are so tempting, and I am such a junkie for pretty colors. But it is too expensive too buy all of them, especially that I already have too many eyeliners, so I always tell myself that I wouldn't use all those colors anyways.

Re: Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

Those darn Dior eyeshadows always gets me thinking... I know that I wouldn't wear them that often so I don't buy them but they're just so darn attractive to me!

Re: Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

I keep eyeing the Tria Skin Perfecting Blue Light system, but at $245, I'm thinking what if it doesn't work?  Or it sort of works, but maybe not $245 worth of work?  I know I could return it, but I'm so bad at that, I already have a bunch of skin care devices that sort of work, so I vacillate.

Oh me too! It sounds like an amazing product but I'm scared to shell  out all that money for something that I don't even know works. I don't know anyone who actually has it...Can anyone on the forum vouch for it?

ME TOO! It sounds awesome. I have a Tanda Zap and it works decently well in conjunction with a treatment (GlamGlow etc) but I'm so curious about the Tria Blue Light. I hope someone who has used it sees this and comments! 

I've definitely got a few things...

For one I've gone back and forth about 100 times over whether or not I want a Clarisonic. They're very expensive, and I've heard just about every comment under the sun regarding it - "It's amazing!", "It did nothing for my skin!", "At first it worked, and then I started to get crazy cystic acne!". My skin is problematic enough as it is, and I don't know if I want to gamble that much money if it could potentially exacerbate the issues I have. But then again, it could be my saving grace... And thus, purchase limbo.

I also have had a few items that have hung around in my shopping list, or have gone in and out of it. I kind of want the Lorac Pro Palette, because the reviews are amazing, and I love that there are matte and shimmer versions of all the colors. At the same time, I also own the Naked Palette and Sephora+Pantone Universe Precious Metals Palette, so I can't entirely justify purchasing another palette of neutrals...

I also haven't been able to pull the trigger on buying B&B's Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner. I've tried samples, and I love it, but for how quickly I can go through shampoo and conditioner, I can't bring myself to spend over $50 on the pair.

One for me is the Lorac unzipped palette. I love the warm undertones, but I already have more eye shadows than I should... I love looking at the swatches online too!

(Ironically) it's Dior Capture One serum. 

I can't justify the cost even though I've been trying other serums and none come close to making my skin feel the way the Dior does.

I can completely relate to this.  I walk by the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders every time I go into a Sephora store, but it's really hard to justify $45 for a powder....but Ethereal Light looks so beautiful!  Diffused seemed too shimmery when I swatched it.

I also really want to get the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, but I won't let myself buy it til I've finished my Lorac Protectint Tinted Moisturizer.  I rarely wear a tinted moisturizer during the week, so it's taking a while for me to use up the Lorac.  Hopefully soon!

Maltipoo, about Nars Tinted Moisturizer.  I love it.  I used to never ever wear a tinted moisturizer before but then, I decided to try on Nars.  Lets just say, I now use it as my foundation.

64 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • s1380815-main-Lhero.jpg
  • s1226471-main-Lhero.jpg
  • s730341-main-Lhero.jpg
  • s1511799-main-Lhero.jpg
  • s1511856-main-Lhero.jpg
  • s1189224-main-hero.jpg
  • swfupload_1670822919571011305.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2013-06-14 at 10.04.10 AM.png
  • bite 15.jpg