Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What's in a Name?

If you know anything about makeup you know that some of the best parts of packaging is the name appeal. Some are cute and some tend to be a little x-rated Smiley Tongue. My question to you is : Do names like - Orgasm & Deep Throat bother you? 

As a mother I would be a bit uncomfortable if my daughter came home with a product like this. Smiley Tongue 

What say you?

Re: What's in a Name?

I was wearing Come to Bed Red on my nails today, partially because it made me snicker.

I look at products first, names second. 

I don't mind the names of products, although some of the Nars are a little risqué.  I hardly ever get asked what color I'm wearing, although I explained to my eleven year old why Naked eyeshadows were called that after she saw the palette in my drawer...( I'm assuming because they are neutral colors, to seem as if ur not wearing much makeup, thus being Naked?... If I'm wrong, someone please tell me otherwise)

I do like funny or cute names though.  It's entertaining.

You know, that's really true. No one around me is as into makeup as I am. My mom loves beauty and has a ton of stuff, but she doesn't enjoy trying/researching/talking about products like I do. So I *never* get asked what color/shade I'm wearing. I get compliments on my skin/makeup, but no one asks me the exact blush I'm wearing or something. That might be one of the reasons why I don't care--because I'm the only one that knows that a certain makeup item has that certain name so who cares?

Highlighted

Names don't offend me at all.  I actually don't even think blink twice when I see names that are suggestive or sexual.  I feel our culture has taken to shaming women and sexuality.  Suggestive product names are meant to stir the pot and raise some eyebrows.

I'm not a mom yet, but I feel that if I had a daughter that once she was old enough to wear makeup, she'd be old enough to also handle the nature of the skincare/makeup market.  This will probably change when I actually get to that point, so I'm completely speculating.

I was raised in a very strict household and completely uncomfortable with my own body and sexuality because we weren't allowed to talk about it.  My mom would use euphemisms such as "down there" and "that time of the month" as if being a young woman, experiencing natural woman things, was an embarrassing thing.  It's not.  At 33 I STILL cannot talk to my mom frankly about basic stuff...she cringes at standard anatomy terms and the like.

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • swfupload_1810548246874007389.jpg
  • swfupload_9176770441316366576.jpg
  • swfupload_6565050483010346929.jpg
  • swfupload_4068965236871035733.jpg
  • swfupload_1111694471587476597.jpg
  • swfupload_1949642339227288483.jpg