Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What's in My Stash(es)

As much as I would like to pretend that I start everyday in a fluffy white robe, carefully applying make-up at an immaculately organized vanity….that's just not the case. I have make-up stashes all over the place and I'm constantly getting ready on the run. (Seriously, my husband talked me into getting a manual transmission car because he thought having to shift gears would cut down on my multi-tasking). So dump your purses, empty your gym bag and join me in owning up to what I'm actually reaching for on a daily basis.

The Questions:

1. How many places do you store/stash make-up?
2. Which product(s) do you own in multiples so you're never without one?
3. Are your stashes high-end or drugstore? Are you like a friend of mine who hoards designer make-up, but totes around a Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker?

4. Have you ever stabbed yourself in the eye with mascara while driving?

My answers:

1. 4.5: Home, Gym Bag, Office Drawer, Purse. The .5 is for the center console of my car. Stuff just ends up there.
2. The Body Shop Concealer Pencils, Blotting Papers, and Tweezerman Tweezers. I swear an errant eyebrow hair (or god forbid a chin hair) can rob me of my ability to concentrate until I'm able to pluck it.
3. Mine are a mix. I rotate a lot of samples and minis into my stashes as a way to try new products

4. More times than I care to admit.

In the interest of honesty, I pulled everything out of my various make-up bags and took pictures.

Gym Bag Stash: 1. Paula's Choice RESIST Antioxidant Serum, 2. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, 3. Shiseido Eyelash Curler, 4. Mini Lorac Luminizing Powder in Spotlight, 5. Miracle Skin Transformer in Light, 6. Tweezerman Tweezers, 7. Dejavu Fiberwig Mascara, 8. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette/Dark Brown, 9. Mini Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment, 10. Sephora Nano Eyeliner in Pure White, 11. Mini Stila Convertible Color in Peony, 12. The Body Shop Concealer Pencil in 01, 13. Brushes

Work Stash: 1. La Fresh Face Wipes, 2. The Body Shop Concealer Pencil in 01, 3. Mini Buxom Lip Polish in Dolly, 4. Sephora Blotting Papers, 5. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara, 6. Neutrogena Hand Lotion, 7. Jurlique Hand Sanitizer, 8. Assorted Emi-Jay Hair Ties, 9. Spin Pins

Purse Stash: 1. Band-aids (I'm accident prone), 2. Clean & Clear Blotting Sheets, 3. Mary Kay Hand Lotion, 5. Re-purposed mini tub of moisturizer, 6. Emi-Jay Hair Tie w/ Mini Claw Clips, 7. Anastasia Brow Whiz in Brunette, 8. The Body Shop Love Gloss in Sweet Peach, 9. Mini Lancome Definicils Mascara in Black, 10. Tweezerman Tweezers, 11. The Body Shop Concealer Pencil in 01, 12. Mini Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Rose Sugar, 13. Japonesque Mini Eyelash Curler, 14. Whatever lipstick I'm wearing that day (Today its Christian Dior Rouge Dior in Macadam)

Re: What's in My Stash(es)

1. How many places do you store/stash make-up?

3... Home, Work bag, purse

2. Which product(s) do you own in multiples so you're never without one?

Maybelline Babylips, Tweezers, I have a pair EVERYWHERE

3. Are your stashes high-end or drugstore? Are you like a friend of mine who hoards designer make-up, but totes around a Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker? Mine are a mix. I have tons of designer brands, but I have this obsession with using down all of my drugstore brands (my Lip Smacker is bubble gum). I also rotate a lot of samples. My favorite things are Sephora Favorites kits so I can rotate through things that I like without having to fork over tons of money for a product only to fall out of love or move on to something else. 

4. Have you ever stabbed yourself in the eye with mascara while driving? I never have. One thing I won't do is drive and do mascara. I am however, awaiting the day I accidentally eat a lib balm due to applying while driving Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Just put together a work stash to put in my desk at work here is what it looks like I'll post everything that is inside it soon! Most of the stuff stored in my work stash is in mini sizes, and deluxe or regular samples very few full sized items just to make it more practical for storage purposes.

• 32 Effrvescent Breath Treatment with Isoboxy Cleansing in lemon mint & Spearamint
  • Avon, Mini brush for travel (I use this one to apply eyebrow powder)
  • Benefit: Brow-Zings brow shaping kit in light
  • Benefit: Cream Eye shadow in Bikini Tini
  • Benefit: Ooh la lift
  • Benefit: Boi-ing 01 & Boi-ing o2
  • Benefit Dr. Feelgood Complexion Balm
  • Benefit: Stay Don't Stray
  • Benefit: Fakeup in Light 
  • Benefit: Velvet Eye shadow in Dandy Brandy
  • Benefit Highlighter in Watt's Up
  • Benefit: they're real Mascara
  • Bite: Creame lipstick in pepper
  • Conair: Hair Brush
  • Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox: BB Beauty Balm SPF 25
  • Gucci Premiere Perfume
  • Kat Von D: Autograph Pencil in, Immortal Love
  • Lancome: La Vie Est Belle
  • L'Occitane: Dry Skin Hand Cream
  • Love & Beauty Hair Comb in tribal print
  • NYX Green Tea blotting papers
  • Tokyomilk Dark Take out Tin (To store some of the really tiny sample sizes in & make the box more organized.)
  • Urban Decay: Smog Eyeliner
  • Other: a flat mirror I cut out of one of my benefit kits (& used double sided tape on to stick to the inside of the box)

Note: some things not included in pic I added one or two more additions after though they all still manage to fit in the box regardless. Smiley Happy

Ahh, Tokyo Milk. Love it!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos6
  • photo 2.JPG
  • photo 1.JPG
  • photo 3.JPG
  • mascara.jpg