From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

What’s a good foundation and primer for combination skin?

I always end up like a oil slick ...

Re: What’s a good foundation and primer for combination skin?

@Ashllee017 I always end up with this same problem too no matter what combination of products I've used- I heard it was silicone so I tried a silicone free primer and foundation (there aren't many options) and still no luck.

My best results have come from making sure to really thoroughly hydrate -like a hydrating serum, and moisturize. For a hydrating serum I love drunk elephant's B-hydra but there's many available, just try to get one with hyaluronic acid and more water than oil based. And then layer a good, but still light, moisturizer over the top, I really likes Origins Ginzing but I've personally switched to the youth to the people antioxidant whip daily. If my T-zone is really well moisturized, it tends to over-produce oil while I am wearing makeup less but it's still not perfect.

Outside of that, the best advice I can give is get a good setting powder- fenty has a great shade range though I personally love the Hourglass dim light

Re: What’s a good foundation and primer for combination skin?

@Ashllee017 

Here are some of my personal favorites that help cut down on oil:

Primers: Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g

TOO FACED - Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer – Peaches and Cream Collection

Foundations: Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel

TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation – Peaches and Cream Collection

BAREMINERALS - BarePRO™ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

LAURA MERCIER - Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing