Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What products did you try that went terribly wrong?

For me it was the korres quercetin & oak eye cream. It somehow would always end up getting in my eyes burning them and making them water for at least half an hour after each time used. The next couple of hours my eyes would continue to be red before going back to normal. Safe to say I definitely didn't look cute. Smiley Sad

Re: What products did you try that went terribly wrong?

St Tropez and Tarte sunless tanners. Both gave me severe hives. 

That's awful! Smiley Sad They must both of had a common ingredient that caused your skin to react. 

Yeah- I tried St Tropez first and when I was explaining what happened to a SA at Sephora she suggested Tarte because it was more natural. I'm thinking it's the actual chemical that causes the self tan that I had an issue with, especially since I had no problems with sunless tanners years ago when I last tried them. Even stranger, my skin was extremely sensitive for a few months after- I ended up having to change my whole skincare routine. Never had sensitive skin but had reactions to both Murad and Dr Brandt shortly after the tanner mishap. 

Wow! That is really strange. That would be enough to scare me away from sunless tanners for quite awhile. Well... I'm already scared of them because I'm super pasty and I'll end up turning orange from the majority if I decided to use one. What someone told me to do was buy a body bronzer instead. No messy application and it comes off in the shower.

What a bummer!  I love the Quercetin & Oak line Smiley Sad  For me, it was the Josie Maran Argan Oil.  I was so excited to try it out after so many people raving about it, but when I finally did, it broke out my super sensitive skin.  It took me so long to get it back under control & left me traumatized... okay I'm being super sarcastic, but it was a little frustrating Smiley Wink  I use it for my hair or nail, which I found to be a little bit of a waste, so I just give it to my sister, who LOVES it.

xo, Mia

I fell in love with the line after using the primer so I was pretty disappointed on how I reacted to it. I wanted to love it. I just think it was because the fragrance was really strong.

I never used to Josie Maran Argain Oil but I got it in a really good sized sample and have been debating on using it on my face or not. Considering I'm already oily (also reading your post) I decided I'll just use it on my hair instead... lol I already have a hard time keeping my acne under control.

I use Tarte's oil BECAUSE I am oily. It is different for everyone but my skin is oily because it is dry and trying to compensate for the dryness by over-producing it's own oil. So for me, Tarte's oil is very moisturizing, causing my skin to produce way less of its own oil. 

yeah i've debated about trying the maracuja oil. I'll get a sample next time when I'm in. I also want to try the eye cream. I freakin love tarte!

Garnier BB cream. I got excited because I can't use Asian BB creams as I'm too dark and the Garnier one got good reviews...It broke me out every time I used it without fail, and I don't even have sensitive skin! But every time I used it I would break out along my jaw and forehead.

That's really sad. The Garnier BB cream smells so good too! However I found out there was literally no coverage to it so it wouldn't work out for me as well. Smiley Sad 

I ended up getting a tinted moisturizer from NARS instead months later. Doesn't have the skin care effects I want, but it has light enough coverage for me and is light on my skin so I can't complain! 

have you tried Clinique's? I'm not sure how dark your skin is but they recently added shade 4 to their bb line and it's a good dark color. Personally I like their cc cream a lot better. It feels a lot lighter on the skin and has some good benefits too! Smiley Happy

Bare minerals, the ladies at Sephora did my face with it. When I came home later that evening my face was blotchy and really itchy. The next day I woke up with a rash all over my face. I'm glad I decide to test out the wear time of it before buying it. I certainly would of had to return it. This has been the only thing I've had such a bad reaction to. I think some things do irritate my skin but never to this extent.  

I've heard a people of people having reactions like that before. My face breaks out even more with mineral makeup. it's weird :/

I can't believe how badly my skin reacted to Algenist reconstructing serum. I had used their moisturizer and eye balm without any trouble but  OMG the serum felt  like acid had been thrown in my face.  My skin got beet red, burned, and actually started to peel.  I immediately washed it off and never tried it again.  It's $95 for the bottle so I brought it back to Sephora and they  gave me back my money and did not give me any hassle about it.  

So many mascaras from years ago including Great Lash & there was a Cover girl one I can't remember the name of. My first high end makeup purchase was Helena Rubinstein cream mascara that you put on with a very small eyebrow type brush.  Yes I'm a bit.... mature. Interesting thread

I never heard of that brand before so I obviously had to look it up. Looks interesting. where did you purchase it at? i've never seen it before.

NUDE pro genius oil made me break out so bad. I must be allergic to an ingredient in it. Also the St. Tropez gradual tanner. I finally got the Vita phenomenal and it works wonderful but the itchy bumps from the St. Tropez lingered on my legs for almost a week- NEVER again. I have the face tanner in a sample and I am afraid to try it. NYX glitter eyeshadow- makes my eyes itch like I got them done with poison ivy. The Brazilian Peel- That glycolic acid got me good, not sure if I used the wrong thing before it or what but I never used another one I only use REN now- Much nicer results without the burn.

Murad's Clarifying Cleanser is the only thing I've tried thus far that I've had a bad time with. I used it a few times and it looked and felt like it gave me a chemical burn almost all over my face after using it a few times. It took a couple weeks for my skin to recover and felt mortified with how bad it looked. I don't have very sensitive skin so I don't know what it was about it, but I steer clear of Murad now.

aw that's sad! That's what I'm using currently. I feel like it's definitely one of the better cleansers I've used before. I have a brand new skyn iceland one i've been waiting to open up but i have to finish this one first. Smiley Sad

60 Replies
Conversation Stats