Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What is your quick morning routine?

Or your I-only-got-two-hours-of-sleep routine? Your "I'm one mascara smudge away from having a meltdown" routine?

I'm genuinely curious as to what others reach for when they've only got less than 20 minutes to make it out the door in time for work/class/other adulthood commitments at ungodly hours in the AM.

Re: What is your quick morning routine?

Ohh interesting, my work is not too far from where I live, so I normally wake up at 7am and leave by 750am.  

Skin care:

Rinse my face with water, and dry/brush teeth.

Use Pixi glow tonic on Shiseido cotton pads.

De-puffing eye cream

DE C-Firma Day Serum.

SR Artemis oil

Makeup (very light application):

It Cosmetics CC cream

Nars radiant creamy concealer or Tarte shape tape

Hourglass powder to set it all in place

Nars blush / light dusting of KA contour powder

Subtle highlight

Mascara and eyebrow gel

I also wash my hair 2-3 times a week, so most days I'm only spraying dry shampoo before leaving the house.  If I have to wash it, I always do it the night before.

90% of people at my workplace don't wear makeup (tech company). I just find my routine to be very soothing in the morning, and I do enjoy having a light face of makeup.

***Side note: this is hilarious https://twitter(dot)com/AmandaCerny/status/824565252524175360

I get up at 0500 and I am out the door at 0530 every morning, including a shower and drying my hair!

Shower and wash hair (fast - like 5 minutes).

Dry off, put face moisturizer/sunscreen on and brush teeth. 

Foundation, eyebrows, eye shadow crayon (NARS, single color only), eyeliner, mascara, blush, lippie -

Dry hair with spinning hairbrush dryer thing. 

Done!

Clothes are hung out the night before and ready to go. 

I have to get up so early that there is no messing around. 

Hi @jominguez,

I cleanse with the boscia clear complexion cleanser, followed by the PTR max correction pads and then the FAB Ultra Repair serum. I am oily so typically the serum takes the place of my moisturizer, but if i'm feeling dry, i'll use the Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Gel - love that stuff!! I'll then apply Hourglass Immaculate foundation and head out the door. Most of us have little mirrors at our desk so we'll apply the rest once we get in 😉 

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna
Anonymous Insider

I'd always sleep more, that's why I have a really quick makeup routine:

- wash my face with natural soup

- put on micellar water

- natural face cream

- foundation

- pressed powder

- blush

- filling the eyebrows 

And that's it. I try to look as natural as I can, but still I have to put on the essentials.

Quick wash with cleanser, swipe of toner, mouthwash, vitamin c serum, eye cream, brush teeth, moisturizer/sunscreen. Brush hair, put in bun.

Depending on how tight on time I do one of the following eye looks:

Always eyeshadow primer. Then just using my fingers: quick swipe of Bare Minerals Nude Beach eye color, olive pencil eyeliner on lid, black on inner rim, mascara. Or ColourPop Koosh on lid, As If in the crease, black eyeliner on inner rim, mascara.

Pixi blush duo, lip balm, done. After I'm dressed, I put on deodorant, spritz perfume and grab 3 lipsticks to take with me so I have options when I decide to put it on (after I finish my to-go coffee at work). I would say this happens to me at least twice a week because I love sleep.

100% require moisturizer for face, body, and lips. deodorant. and brow gel/powder...I feel when my brows are in order (and more defined), my whole face looks more put together.

I definitely care about sleeping as long as possible more than having a full face of makeup on. Or anything else for that matter. 😄 Soooo.... 20 minutes or less is cleaning my face. Slapping on at least my moisturizer and sunscreen. Dusting some powder foundation ( just a thin layer ) real quick all over my face to even out my skin tone. Applying some bronzer to my cheeks to give me some warmth so I actually look alive and people don't run away screaming from me. 😄 ( I am very fair, and I love it! Just don't care for looking like walking dead anymore... Long gone are the days when that was my go to look. 😉 ) Some blush maybe. Wrestling my hair up real quick in a bun or something cooperatable enough. And, that's it.

I wouldn't mind one of these, though.

upload_2983584024810314229.gif

Omg that gif! 😄

Lmao that's the best!! If only I could do that on days I need to just get out of the house 😃 😛

Anonymous Insider

Every time I see this gif, I am completely mesmerized by it and I watch it for a full 5 minutes - like how did she know how together the lashes in place? And her face right before she jams it into the makeup - love it! 

Hi @jominguez,

I am the type of person that would rather sleep the extra 30-40 minutes instead of doing my make up at some ungodly hour. ( I am not a morning person). 

I have to have at least a clean face, so I typically, quickly wash my face with my current face wash: ExfoliKate® Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash and then I tone with my Cane + Austin Miracle Pads and moisturize with Tatcha's Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream. 

Then I literally shove my make up bag in my back pack, rush out the door and I decide if I am going to have a natural or completely made up face when I get in the office.

Spoiler: I typically do my make up in the office 🙂

Best Wishes,

Janean

I am the same. I try to do my hair at night and just wash my face and go in the morning.  I tone, sunscreen around my eyes, and for make-up GUCCI powder,  NARS Anita lips and NARS Mata Hari cheeks. Finish off with my sunglasses.

Yea, I put on my jewelry and perfume after I get dressed. Have to do that or I feel naked!  

I go make my iced tea to-go, put the poodles in their room and once ready to go out the door I do lotion on my hands to make sure my nails and cuticles are moisturized. I keep it next to the house alarm.

@JaneanBT

Do y'all have to wear make-up at the Sephora office???

Also, do you do most of your work at the computer or do y'all get to play around with make-up, etc?

In other words....is there a Sephora 'make-up closet'...???  hahahahah!  ;')

@wheeeee The Sephora makeup closet is at my desk lol We don't have to wear makeup, which was weird for me at first because up until this point I was working as a makeup artist, so I used to have a full face all the time. I leave for work between 4:30-5:30 am (and give myself 30 min from alarm to out the door), so no makeup is happening before I leave. I keep a makeup bag at my desk so I can put a little on before I start or on a break or sometimes I just go without.

That is early in the morning! @keelybt  Those are baker's hours!

Oooooh! Make-up artist.  If I have any make-up questions I am gonna tag you! ;') 

Hi @wheeeee,

We do not have to wear make up in the office, but I do not want to look like I literally just rolled out of bed so I opt to wear make up because it makes me feel a little more put together 😉

We also do have a variety of products in the office on hand for reference. 

hahaha!  None of us do, so I understand. Was just wondering since some jobs require you to wear make-up.  Thanks at @JaneanBT

I pictured y'all drinking iced drinks, playing with make-up and laughing at our posts! ;')  lol!  (in a good way)

There is a lot of laughing for sure and there are times where we do get to play with make up. There is a definite balance of work and play. 

My skincare has to take priority, but I still manage to speed it up on those days:

Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloth

Origins Zero Oil Purifying Toner

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base

Skyn Iceland Under-Eye Illuminator (to help with dark circles, which I no doubt have in my under-rested rush)

After that, I brush my teeth, spray on some deodorant, and add a little fragrance (currently Narciso Rodriguez' For Her), while my skin absorbs the products.

Then an ultra-fast makeup routine:

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

MAKE Rouge Pot (on my cheeks for a little color and shape)

Clinique Lid Smoothie

Benefit 3D Browtones Instant Color Highlights

MAKE Defining Mascara

GlamGlow Pout Mud

Hi @jominguez,

I personally have to do some kind of quick skincare routine so I normally do a toner, essence, and moisturizer since that just about sets me up. I do keep a mist on me at the office to provide extra hydration if needed. (: 

For makeup I do:

- Primer (I'm oily so it's a must!)

- Little bit of concealer and foundation (I've become quite quick at using my sponge to blend everything, I'm not sure if this is good or bad! haha)

- Eyebrow pencil & gel (slight outline to blend out and then the gel to go over and help fill in)

- Setting Powder (another must for oily skin)

- Quick sheer blush (I'm quite pale so I do need some color!)

- Eyeliner (thank you glasses for those days my quick eyeliner does not look very pretty)

- Mascara

-Setting Spray

I quite often end up with my makeup anywhere and everywhere, but thanks to me being used to rushing out the door I can get this and sometimes a little more done! This routine of course already assumes that I've already taken a shower and only have 20 minutes left though. (; 

XOXO,
Marieke

My quick routine in the morning (not as quick since my daughter is now 4 and can be trusted not to just destroy things somewhat) is:

Caudalie Micellar Water

SK-II Clearing Lotion

SK-II Facial Essence

Algenist Retinol Firming and Lifting Serum

Algenist Genius Vitamin C Serum

SK-II Essential Power Eye Cream

Dr. Jart Water Drop Moisturizer

Shiseido SPF 50 Spray Sunscreen

Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30

And then of course brush teeth, deodorant and my Marc Jacobs Dot rollerball.  If I REALLY need to get going fast, I just subtract the tinted moisturizer and add a Fresh Lip Treatment in the car while waiting for it to sync my phone.  Or at a stop light.

I will still spend 10 out of 20 minutes on my skin care routine. Then if I am really on 10 minutes run I have a quick makeup routine for that

1: Sephora bright future concealer. It is a very nice thin consistency so I blend it quickly with my fingertip instead of reaching for brush. If I feel I have time I may add Nars tinted moisturizer otherwise skip it.

2: ABH tinted brow gel

3: CT cream shadow Bette or Givenchy cream shadow in bronze (can't recall name) Both apply with the finger tip very quick and smoothly

4: which ever mascara comes in hand

5: swirl a brush on Becca  after glow palette to apply blush and highlighter in one stroke

6: Any of my pinky nude lipstick it is Secret Salma I reach most these days.

Being aMom I am more than often in rush so all these products I mentioned, I keep them in a little basket in the top drawer of my dresser so I don't have to find anything. there are 3-4 nude lipsticks in that basket so I can get a little variation. Also 3-4 mascaras because mascara often disappear when I am in rush so can't take chance.All of it never take more than 10 minutes so maybe try to create a on the go makeup basket with the products that are no fail for you and keep it somewhere you can easily reach.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • upload_2983584024810314229.gif
  • IMG_0236.JPG
testing