Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What is your perfect beauty product?

5So I was thinking today- I try out so much stuff and there's so many products coming  out all the time now that if someone asked me to develop my perfect product, what would I try to create (within reason). Here's what I came up with:

- a concealer that had the full benefits of an eye cream but that lasted all day, didn't crease, and was full coverage

- a mascara that actually made it look like I had falsies on

- a sunscreen I didn't have to reapply all day

- a foundation with complete sun protection during the day

- a glossy red lip that didn't transfer

Please sound off! I want to hear what everybody would like to create 🙂 

@curlychiquita @eshoe @itsfi @RGbrown @MissPuff @WinglessOne @bakeamuffin @CakesCakes @Shosh85 @SportyGirly125

Re: What is your perfect beauty product?

@makeitup305 So much fun! I would love sunscreen/setting spray that actually is effective sunscreen SPF 50 or more. I always get halfway through my makeup and THEN remember that I forgot my sunscreen.

Any winter in mind, some sort of balm I can put on the end of my nose so that when I inevitably have to blow my nose a million times, it doesn't turn into a flakey mess. Winter sucks.

@MissPuff A truly effective sunscreen spray that could be applied before or after makeup would be nice! 

Also: I’d love a physical sunscreen that truly leaves no white cast, especially as it starts to melt off my face in hot weather. Better yet, an effective physical sunscreen that leaves no white cast, doesn’t melt off, doesn’t make my face look greasy, and is high enough SPF that I don’t have to reapply it for at least 12 hours—long enough to outlast the sun. 

And I’m not looking forward to frequently reapplying moisturizer to my nose this January. 

@WinglessOne hahaha, long enough to outlast the sun 🙂 that's my kind of spf, every year I feel like I move up...30 to 45 to 55 to 70 to 80...my bf always jokes that I wear sunscreen as if the sun will never set 🙂 

@MissPuff I have the same problem with sunscreen! I thought I was alone in that problem 😊. What really gets me is when I’m halfway done and then I remember but choose not to put any on. I feel so guilty and lazy! 

@CakesCakes Yup! This always happens to be me when I'm doing special occasion makeup because it's out of order from my standard morning routine. I went to so many outdoor weddings this year sans sunscreen because I just didn't have time/didn't want to be bothered with starting my face all over again 🙂 

@MissPuff omg yes yes yes to both of those!! SPF is always such a pain. I use a moisturizer with SPF, but then I always have to play around with the rest of my moisturizing routine to work with it. Plus there is a 2000000% better chance that I would reapply it (as recommended) if it was a spray that I could re-spritz. In the vein of that “nose-chap” balm you suggested, if there was something of that consistency that I could put on at some point in my morning routine (maybe a primer?) that would make a barrier between my face and winter wind, I’d probably buy a lifetime supply. My cheeks get crushed every year by the sharp wind in winter 😩

@makeitup305 Thank you for the tag.

For mine it would be a nail polish that didn't chip at all so that I could have nice nails for more than a week.  Also, a hand cream that I didn't have to keep applying.  It would keep my hands nourished and hydrated all the time no matter how many times I washed my hands.  A lip balm that has a protective barrier especially after you eat so you didn't have to reapply it.  It would keep your lips hydrated 24/7/365.

@SportyGirly125 Yesss! A hand lotion that doesn’t need reapplying would be life changing! 

Potentially possible to create: 

Glittery lipstick that wipes off clean at the end of the day, without turning the bottom half of my face into a sparkle show. Ditto for glittery/shimmery eyeshadows. Sure, all the glitter disappears eventually, but there’ve been times I was still washing off sparkly bits days after I’d removed the shimmery makeup. 😂 

Brow pencil that maintains a pointy tip, never crumbles (not too hard or soft), doesn’t sweat off or easily smudge/rub off, and comes in the perfect shade for me. 

Self-setting concealer. Hear that, NARS? Make me a Radiant Creamy concealer that sets itself! And while I’m calling out brands: 

Yo, Lancôme: I need a L’Absolu Lacquer in dark teal, cobalt blue, or blue violet. Or one of each of those shades. C’mon, you can do it! 

Impossible (or is it?) to create: 

A one-and-done brow shaper and filler thingy: I’m already fast at filling my brows with pencil, but I take my time tweezing them and kinda hate letting other people pluck them. And I definitely hate threading. Sure, I could have my brows microbladed, but I’d have to get it redone—and I’d still need to maintain their shape between sessions. Buuuuuut what if there was a magical grooming/makeup gadget that could learn my preferred brow shape (which is slightly different for each brow), then simply be held (by me, at home) against my brows for 10-20 seconds that would pluck and fill perfectly? With whatever brow color I want? It’d be more advanced than those template stamp things I’ve seen on the market. It’d fill with hairlike strokes to look natural. If we don’t have our promised flying cars by now then gosh darn it, we at least deserve this! 

A concealer and powder in one product: just lightly dust it under my eyes and my dark circles disappear. Alligator skin blurred to smooth perfection. (I care less about lines than other texture under my eyes.) Leaves a natural finish and lasts 24 hours or until I remove it, whichever comes first. No creasing, wrinkle etching, or drying out my skin. 

A multi-shade tube of lipstick: instead of buying 300+ tubes, I could just have one per broad color family, and tell it which shade I want to wear that day. I could have one for all shades of purple, for instance, and wear a warm plum one day and a cool violet the next. Oh! OH! And a multi-shade tube of duochromes! That’d be fun! Multi-shades could even come in different finishes (matte, cream/satin, gloss). Someone get Pat on this, stat! 

@WinglessOne I love your ideas! Lol I’m all for the eyebrow shaper and filler thing. I feel like we deserve something more than the average stencil and need something that would have individual hairline strokes. I don’t need a flying car, just nice eyebrows that are easy to draw 😂 

@WinglessOne I love all your ideas, but definitely the best is the multi lipstick tube. I would definitely shell out for that. Let me know once PMG tells you she is developing it!

@WinglessOne I like all your choices! I had a laugh at some of them, too!

@WinglessOne I love how the products got more and more advanced as the list went on 😂 the self-setting concealer though ✔️

I think my ideal product would be like a custom face stencil? Something that was designed for my face so my contour, highlight, bronze and blush were always in the right place (and symmetrical). Maybe have different versions depending how natural or chiseled you want the look to be.

and this is skincare but some sort of litmus test  for your skin so you could better pinpoint what you need, which could vary depending on the day. Something that could let you know if you’re gonna need salicylic acid,  if your moisturizer is doing the job, how effective that vitamin c serum is for your skin etc

@cianni Ooh I’d love a face stencil too! I want a consistent contour! 😁

@cianni Oh man, a quick at-home skin analyzer would be perfect! it would solve issues for so many people! Even just knowing if your face is nearing a break out—something that says “hey, better add some salicylic acid to your routine”—would be fantastic. Great idea! 

@cianni I like the idea of the “litmus” paper and a face stencil. Both of those would be so convenient to have!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • PhotoGrid_1542825379964.png
testing