Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What'd you use? (Skincare)

What skincare products did you use today? Are these your staples or something new you're trying out?

Anthony Glycolic Facial Cleanser

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P245202&categoryId=B70

Kiehls Açaí Damage-Protecting Toning Mist

Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Protective Fluid SPF 15
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259407&categoryId=B70

Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Eye Treatment

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P174219&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1073

LOVE that glycolic cleanser - I use it every morning on face, neck, and chest!  Still trying to figure out if the toning mist makes a difference... Does it help and with what?  As for the moisturizer and eye cream, I love Dior but I think I'm going to go back to Korres when I'm finished with the bottles I have.

Re: What'd you use? (Skincare)

My staples are:

Boscia Purifying cleansing gel 

Paula' Choice BHA 2% liquid

Pangea's Balancing Oil

Josie Maran 40+ facial sunscreen (fantastic!)

Obagi Clear if I start to get freckles or discoloration from any mischievous pimple 🙂

I also really like Korres White Tea cleanser. 

I have sensitive skin and eyes so there is not a lot I can use on my skin.

Fun topic- I enjoy seeing what others like to use!

I usually start my day washing my face with Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser Plus Blemish Control

I've been using this for over a year, its my favorite face wash, I like how my face feels afterwards and I like that I don't break the bank for it.

Then I use When Hope is Not Enough By Philosophy as a anti-aging serum. I bought this for the Vitamin C and peptides. Its ok. It has a weird smell, but you get use to it. My sister-in-law said the smell reminds her of soup... I don't know what it reminds me of, but its not a good smell. I don't really like how it dispenses either. Its a vial with like a dropper. Once you get to the bottom its super hard to get some out of the bottle with that dropper. Usually I buy Truth Serum by Ole Henriksen. I think I'm gonna go back to that once I run out of the Philosophy stuff.

Then I use StriVectin-SD Eye Cream under my eyes. I love this stuff. Been using it for years. I like that its a concentrate and you don't have to use hardly any when applying it. Makes the price seem more reasonable. It can last me forever.

After that, I use Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15. Again I like the way this makes my face look and feel and the fact that it has SPF and it doesn't break the bank.

When it comes to moisturizing and cleaning my face, I feel guilty spending too much on that stuff. I'm willing to spend more on the anti-aging stuff, then the regular everyday stuff lol.

At night I clean my face with the same stuff, use the same serum, and eye cream. I don't moisturize at night cause I have combo skin and if I do it too much I break out bad. Instead I use Invigorating Night Gel by Ole Henriksen. I love this stuff!!! Been using it for years. Really works I feel, I like how it stings a big if I have pimple lol. Makes me feel its really going to get that sucker haha.

Twice a week I scrub with Walnut Complexion Scrub by Ole Henriksen in the shower. This has a nice bubble gum scent and it really makes my skin feel soft afterwards.

Also, Twice a week I use Wild Rose Mask by Korres. Love this stuff!! I just recently started using it. It really works. My face looks brighter and better afterwards. Plus it feels baby soft. Definitely worth getting.

Thats my face routine. As you can tell Ole Henriksen is my favorite lol. Plus, I like to use a lot more natural stuff on my face.

I do use Tarte Clean Slate Primer but thats more in my make up routine then face routine. I don't wear make up everday. I do love it though. But I agree it is hard to get out once you start running out.

Great topic!  I'm definitely sold on Tarte Clean Slate now.  (So many things to try!)

This morning I used:

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser in original formula.  It's my winter morning cleanser as the cold makes my oily skin slightly dry and this cleanser doesn't strip my skin.

Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Creme.  I've been using it since Oct/Nov and it's a great cream.  Not too light or heavy - it feels just right.  I'm not sure how it will wear in the summer when it gets super hot and greasy, though.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15.  I can't use this in the summer as it's too heavy for my oily skin, but it's perfect for winter.  I use it every morning, from December to March each year.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer.  I've been using this sample size for three months now and it's almost finished.  I really like it and prefer it over Smashbox as the texture, weight and feel of it is much much lighter.  I'm curious now about its oil-free formula.

Tonight I'll be using:

Purity Made Simple again to remove my makeup.  I've posted somewhere else on this board that I much prefer Purity over Cetaphil as Cetaphil doesn't remove makeup but Purity does.  If you wear a super heavy face, you still need to tone to get absolutely everything off, but you wash once with Purity while you have to wash twice with Cetaphil.  I was curious about using the oil cleansing method (see Shu Uemura/Dermalogica cleansing oils) but forget it - I'll stick with what I know works and doesn't break me out.

Nivea Visage Refreshing Toner.  I use the Clinique anti-acne toner when I'm battling breakouts but my skin is always better in the winter and doesn't require high maintenance.  My skin also seems to prefer cheaper drugstore skincare products, for some reason.  I don't really believe that toner treats the skin but it's an important step for those who wear a lot of makeup to remove every trace of it before piling on moisturizers and creams.

Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Creme again.  I wear this every night, though I may skip it on some mornings.

Kinerase C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment.  I received a sample of it which I apply only on the expression lines on my forehead and the area between the eyebrows where the lines are most visible.  I haven't seen miraculous results but it absorbs nicely and does seem to plump up the area temporarily.  I'd get the full size if the price wasn't so daunting.

Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream.  Phew, what a mouthful.  It's an incredibly cheap but effective drugstore moisturizer for those with extremely oily skin.  I got this in the summer because it looked so refreshing in the stifling heat, and it's one of my all-time favourite products EVER, which is saying a lot.  Although I have oily skin, I have noticed the beginnings of wrinkles/expression lines and know that I need to moisturize no matter what.  This gel-cream is perfect for my skin.  It sinks in nicely, smells wonderfully fresh, and makes my skin feel soft and plump especially after I apply it after a mask/exfoliation.  Now that I've pumped it up, if you normal or dry skin, this is not the product for you.  But oily skinned ladies can rejoice with me!

Smith's Rosebud Salve for the lips.  I don't think I need to explain this one.  🙂

P.S.  I noticed Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum is very popular here and I tried it diligently for a month before it broke me out severely.  Anyone else with oily skin also had bad luck with it?  I was so disappointed.  😞

I can't find the Fresh Start Eye Creme on Sephora; do they not carry it here? This is terrible- reading what everyone uses makes me want to try everything myself. Aargghhhhhh

daisy346 wrote:

I can't find the Fresh Start Eye Creme on Sephora; do they not carry it here? This is terrible- reading what everyone uses makes me want to try everything myself. Aargghhhhhh

I bought it at a Sephora location in Toronto (and saw more than one), so certain stores may still have it in stock.  I read/heard somewhere that it's supposed to be back online at some point but I don't know when that will be.

Thanks!! As of right now I'm not using eye cream, but I'm starting to feel like I should. I'm not exactly getting any younger...

My hands! First and foremost, I use my hands to massage my face while in the shower. It is a gentle way to help increase circulation to move out toxins and refresh the skin. This is a common beauty practice that you can find in Chinese and Japanese women's magazines but for some reason I have never seen it in N. American magazines.

I have no loyalty to any cleansers. Right now I'm using an Origins Never A Dull Moment. It smells nice but feels like it doesn't wash off 100% so I'll probably choose another when it's done.

Can't go without toner. I use Shiseido's Hydro-Nourishing Lotion and I love it.

Moisturizer. Again, most moisturizers work well enough for me. I like something with at least 15% SPF in the day and more moisture for nighttime. Also depends on season.

Vitamin E oil for any areas that need extra soothing, moisture, etc.

DHC Lip Cream for lips, obviously. A friend sends this to me from Japan, I think it's just an ordinary drugstore brand there but it is pretty good. I also like Burt's Bees lip balms.

Morning:

- Washed my face with my Clarisonic and I used it with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Face Wash. 

- Than I put on my sunscreen. Which at the moment I am using (and absolutely loving) Josie Maran's 40+ Suncreen. 

Night:

- I washed my face with Philosophy's Purity Face Cleanser (using the Clarisonic) 

- Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM. Applied to my entire face.

- Korres Rose Serum. Applied to entire face and under my eyes.

- L'Occitane Ultra Rich Eye Balm. Applied to my entire eye area.

- Josie Maran's 100% Argan Oil. Applied to my entire face.

These are all my staples. I've been using the Argan oil and Ultra Rich eye balm right now because my skin is VERY dry and these are the 2 products that seem to really work and help my skin. But all the others (especially the cleansers and the Clarisonic- Been using the cleansers for 4 years and my Clarisonic for 3 years) I use on a daily basis and absolutely swear by them!

This morning, I used:

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel + Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

(I have been using this combination for about 4 months, and while my skin feels amazingly smooth after using it, I'm not actually seeing a difference...so I might switch. My "staple" cleanser is actually Neutrogena Visibly Even Foaming Face Wash. It's supposed to be brightening and exfoliating, and I'm not sure that it is, but my (sensitive) skin doesn't freak out when I use it. I've used this for about 7 (?) years without issue, so it's a staple. I still use it at night.)

La Roche-Posay Nutritic Emulsion Cream 5% (this is very rich, but my skin is very dry right now, and it really hydrates...so I suppose I would say that this is a staple) + La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 (the light version)

(I go back and forth between these two with Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50, or the Neutrogena Ultra Light Sunscreen in SPF 70)

Clinique All About Eyes Rich -- I don't *love* this, but it keeps my under eye area hydrated. I am eager to try something new, but I was determined to finish this one before I bought something else. If anyone does have an eye cream that you think is fabulous, let me know! I used to use Kinerase.

I also occasionally use Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum, but I need to be more dedicated with it -- or to find another one that works. I'm going to be 30 soon, so I would like to find something! Does Korres work well for you?

Daisy - I know what you mean about always wanting to try new stuff.  I'm the same way - even if I really like something I rarely buy it again!

Katie - I love Korres!  Their Yoghurt and Rose regimens are fantastic!  I'm going to back to the anti-aging Rose collection.  This set is a great deal too.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P273110&categoryId=B70

@Kalex: I think I'll add the Wild Rose products to my shopping list! I've heard so many good things about them! I have used the Yogurt line before, and I really like the cream and the mask.

@Daisy: I have been wanting to try the Clean Slate primer!! It has been on my shopping list for ages -- I used to use MUFE HD primer, but I noticed one day that my chin and pores were really clogged and bumpy, and I think the MUFE primer was the culprit. I wanted to try a natural primer instead, so it's great to know that you love it. Right now, I'm not using one at all.

Do either of you use the clarisonic, by any chance?

The clean slate is great...it never breaks me out & feels so smooth & silky. It also controls oil. The ONLY issue I have with it, is it's really hard to get the product out after the bottle is starting to get empty. You have to squeeze it & it gets impossible to squeeze. I still re-buy it just because the product is so great (which, like I said, is rare for me. I almost never get the same thing twice), but I don't like to waste any of the product; it's not exactly cheap. I now have a solution though. One day I was struggling with it & my bf came in & asked if he can help. He squeezed it right out! He has big hands & can get it down to the last drop.

Right now a clarisonic is the #1 thing I want. I've wanted one for quite a while, but feel guilty spending the money. I might put it on my birthday or Christmas list this year. For now, I'm doing the cheap alternative, which is using a hot washcloth. After I wash my makeup off, I take a washcloth & wet it with water as hot as I can stand to wring it out with. I hold it over my face & it gets all steamy, then I gently wipe my face with it. I swear by this. It cleans your pores & also gets any leftover makeup that your face wash may have left. It makes my face so soft.

Regarding the primer, right now there's a set on sale for $34 that includes a full size primer. The primer alone is normally $30, so for $4 more you're getting all the other stuff.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml%3B$sessionid$VXP0CT352IXLOCV0KSKA5UQ;jsessionid=VXP0CT35...

@Daisy: Thanks for all of the insight!! The Tarte set is a great value; I hope it's available for a while! I'm still stuck on the Clarisonic, too! Each time I think I'm ready to get it, I chicken out and feel guilty (which is ridiculous -- because my miscellaneous, unnecessary trips to Sephora in any given month likely add up to the price of the Clarisonic...which probably means I should just curtail my spending and save for it :P)

I used Juice Beauty Green Apple cleansing gel

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P112505&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5650

I've had that one for a while; it's one of the things I'm trying to use up. It's not bad, but I don't usually re-purchase things unless I REAALLLLLY love them because I want something new.

Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259938&categoryId=C10321

This is new; I got it with the 20% discount in November. So far I like it. I'm not sure if it's as great for me as some of the reviews said, but I haven't been consistently using it twice a day either. I'm getting enough results that I'm planning on keeping it.

Tarte Clean Slate Primer

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P96800&categoryId=B70

This is a staple. It's great for oily, acne-prone skin. Like I said, I don't very often re-purchase items but I'm on my fourth container of this.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing