From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential

What beauty products would u let ur daughter wear as a beginner?

Beauty products

Re: What beauty products would u let ur daughter wear as a beginner?

To begin with , lip balm moisturizer and these too organic like by lush and body shop but if she wants to wear then good quality makeup all that matters is that she cleans them well with olive oil before sleeping ๐Ÿ’ค btw its if Iโ€™d have a daughter ๐Ÿ˜€ yet I just have son ๐Ÿ‘ผ.

RE: What beauty products would u let ur daughter wear as a beginner?

I've been wearing makeup to school for almost a year now and I started slow. First I think she could start with concealer wear she needs it and mascara. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Then when she's comfortable she could transition into bronzing up the skin a bit and possibly a light blush. I hoped this helped!!

@Garciagodess I would personally encourage her to experiment with different looks at home.  For going to school, I think the makeup should be appropriate - or at least more or less in line with what the teen trends are.

I think it's good to start off with tinted moisturizer or BB cream or CC cream with translucent setting powder.  Once she has that down, then she can try foundation, concealer.  Brows are big, so I would let her work on that.  Eye makeup is also very popular, so starting with a natural/neutral palette from UD, Too Faced or Tarte would be good.  Once she is comfortable with those colors, then she can try other looks.  I would let her use eyeliner b/c it will take practice.  Using a pencil for a basic line would be good; then she can work her way up to the wing that is popular.  Blush is more or less a staple, so she'll need that as well.  After she has blush down, she can try contouring.  Of course lips are the cherry on top.  She'll need a universal lip liner, and lipstick/gloss, etc.  She'll need to find what kind works for her, so I'd let her have a crack at nudes, neutrals, pinks, etc.

Finally, she'll need some products to take off the makeup well!  Good luck!

Anonymous Insider

I would say a tinted moisturizer maybe some pressed powder, glittery eyeshadow , a pale blusher and a sheer pink lipgloss

Anonymous Insider

First make sure she is doing a good basic skincare routine. At least a cleanser, occasional scrub, toner/oil control, and a daily SPF for the face (never depend on your makeup for SPF)

As far as makeup.. keep it simple. Foundation sheer or a lighter coverage, maybe a pressed mineral foundation. I love bareminerals for beginners who like to keep it simple. They have really nice starter kits that are not to expensive. So, foundation, mascara, lip gloss, a light blush and boom, she's now wearing makeup ๐Ÿ˜ข They grow up to fast! I am a mother of 3 girls, sometimes the struggle is real! Mostly I just embrace their awesomeness and count my blessings! Good luck and have fun!

Anonymous Insider

RE: What beauty products would u let ur daughter wear as a beginner?

Depends what age if she is younger than 16 I would stick with light powdered foundation, mascara, maybe even some eyebrow gel product something looking more natural, lipstick colored or gloss and even some simple eyeshadow for special occasions. If she is older than 16 of course she will want to explore and learn how to do certain make up tricks at that age which is totally fine but at that age I definitely recommend staring to use cleansers, toners etc skin care product.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing