Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are your holy grail items?

Explain how much you have used of it, why you first bought it, why you love it and anything else you want to say

What are your holy grail items?

I am currently LOVING the IT Miracle water. I received as a sample with online purchase and I ignored it for months, then tried it one night before sleep. woke up with brighter skin! I now use it everyday day morning n night and it make a difference! I can tell when I forget to do it and my makeup day isn't looking as good. there are 2 types of primers in my opinion and i use both. first aid moisturizing primer in my opinion way better than becca backlight. it's the liquid primer not a fill the pore primer type. it makes you look dewy, not oily. skin is plump with not too much highlight effect....very subtle. fill the pore primer hands down strivectin blur primer is the best! can only purchase at ulta. shiseido and kevyn aucoyun eyelash curler. herbivore blue tansy mask and oil 1x/wk to keep pores clear of blackheads and clear acne flare ups. oil I use almost everyday or other day for moisture and to prevent acne. nyc eve hair spray(pink bottle) oil from ulta. better than proof oil and cheaper. shampoo at ulta called unwash (green). super moisturizing and better than WEN! on sale often enough. ysl volupt gloss and buxom cream gloss are the best moisturizing glosses ever! not sticky and makes lips look juicy kissable. serums: #1 will always be Estee lauder advance recovery (brown botttle). I always use to think it WAS for old ladies like my mom or grandma, but this stuff is amazing! it's a miracle! u will wakeup with clamer, brighter skin. I'm 35, but started at 32 and I can't always afford to buy this but when I get it back in my routine my skin looks perkier, radiant, more bouncy and even toned. doesn't break me out too. #2 Murad radiance serum. this is the best for spots all over the face. it does make u more radiant and less dull looking but u will notice how it fades spots mostly. best overall sunscreen is farmacy. so it may leave a slight white cast but not noticeable enough. I have jlo bronze colored skin and I'm okay with it mainly bc it doesn't break me out and it DOESN'T STING MY DELICATE EYEBALLS! i only use this on my face and my kids faces ALL OVER! best body scrub is FIRST AID EXFOLIATING body scrub. the best of the best! best lip plumper is too faced extreme. the sting I can handle and I love. sweet note perfumes: pinrose genius pink sugar commodity gold florence Michael k Amber hope u all enjoy my list

Re: What are your holy grail items?

Holy Grail for Hair is definitely the whole Olaplex line. I've been using the system pretty much since it came out and the newer products as soon as they launch. I have really high standards for anything they've put out and so far they have exceeded my expectations! 

It's the only thing I've found to truly REPAIR the hair, not just mask the problems like a temporary band-aid. The No.3 is a great at home treatment to repair/maintain healthy hair. The No.4 shampoo and No.5 conditioner are very cleansing and super hydrating. They're so concentrated a little goes a long way and doesn't weigh down my hair. 

Their newest product No.6 is a hit! It's the first actual styling product they've put out and it's amazing! Leave in reparative, strengthening, and protective. It gives me the smoothest blowouts and shine that make my hair last for days! 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mLOlaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mLOlaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mLOLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme

@mackaroon Mine are Oribe Texturizing Spray.  With the spray I only wash my hair 2 times a week.  Also, PAT McGRATH LABS LUST: Lip Gloss Sunset Rose

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g

for my hands.  I've used this for a couple of years and would be lost without it.

Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

I've used Olaplex Shampoo for about a year.  I haven't wanted to use anything else since trying this.

Hi @mackaroon ,

Here are a few of my holy grail items:

First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL - it's everything I've ever wanted from a cleanser (removes all of my makeup, doesn't dry out my skin, no fragrance). I've probably gone through 4-5 of the standard sizes.

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glow- I love how hydrating and softening this gloss is for my lips. I can pop it on top of any lip color day or night. So far, I've gone through 2 of these. 

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL - this is my holy grail primer because it keeps my oily skin under control, but it's still very natural. It doesn't overly mattify my face, which I love! I've gone through 2 full sizes and a few minis. 🙂

Best,

Laurie

@mackaroon My HG’s are all Drunk Elephant. I started using them in October and I love it! My favorites are C-firma, B-Hydra, Protini, Shaba,  TLC framboos, and Marula oil. I wanted to start using clean skincare and I loved that they all are in pump packaging and not in jars. 

The Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel eye crayons I have bought 3 or 4 different ones. I received a sample and it stayed on and didn’t smudge off so I immediately bought it. 

Becca first light primer I have finished 4 bottles. It makes my dry skin look pretty and it smells really nice.

Milk Kush Mascara it makes my lashes look awesome. 

So glad you’re loving your BECCA - First Light Priming Filter Face Primer. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing