Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

Wait, what?

What are your beauty unicorns, fellow BTers?  I'm talking about items that existed, but you cannot find even with the most dedicated searching.  They can be LE, discontinued, or just mysteriously absent from the world.

For me, my recent unicorns have all been Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows. There are three that are OOS from every retailer.

01 Pearl White

16 Pearl Blue

22 Pale Barley

Through spending the day on the phone, I've tracked down Pearl White and Pale Barley.  Pearl Blue, OTOH, seems to have just disappeared.  I know that allegedly it hasn't been discontinued, but it's just gone.

Re: What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

Ohhhh my heavens the starfish blush!!!

Re: What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

I feel like I'm being guilt tripped.

lol!!! when i saw the pictures you were the first thing i thought of @kalex!! you had good intentions!!!

Oh god they're both so beautiful! I hope you get your hands on them!

Roxy, I don't want to get your hopes up but I'm pretty sure that I've seen the Estee Lauder Tease blush when I found my Heat Wave. I'll be going back sometime in April/May. If I find it, I'll pick one up for you. Smiley Happy

PLEASE let me know if you find multiples - I will happily call an out-of-state store and beg them to ship it to me, but any info would make me squeal with glee!

Emmaclaire, if my memory is correct and they do in fact have it, I'll pick up one for you as well Smiley Happy

Ahh, I remember you mentioning the EL Gelee blush on here before and I've been remembering when I'm shopping. If I find it anywhere, I'll certainly let you know and snag it for you.

I think the nordstroms that I just ordered from has pale barley. My SA sent me a sample of it (I don't think she would have if they didn't have it in stock). let me know if you want her info.

I think it's a hidden secret that some of the counters still have it.  I've been made aware of it existing in at least three different state.  I'm just thrilled I nabbed one- although it's a little light for me alone.

starletta8, I'm so glad you snagged pale barley. It's so pretty.

Clinique lipstick in Confetti, a divine lipstick which is just right glittery! Also, Laura Mercier eyeshadow in Gilded Moonlight. In fact, I just tried to order one of the last GMs from Laura Mercier's website, and it didn't come in the order, plus I know I paid $$ to get it from an Amazon partner, and now I can't find it. Aaaaaarrrrgghhh!!! Mother, make it stop!!

Sin by Illamasqua...  I loved that blush.  It just magically disappeared one day.  I think I found a dupe in a Tom Ford but it's not exactly the same.  S*x blush and Sumatra Multiple by Nars.  Loved them but they too disappeared.  Weekend by Burberry was on my missing list for a long time but I found out that Fragrance.com carries it.   They're good for fragrances that you thought were long gone. 

I have Sex! If you ever come across Nirvana, I'd happily give it to you! Smiley Happy

Pfffbbbtttttttt xD

The NARS One Night Stand palette. Theres a ton on ebay but I refuse to pay $100+ for it. I'll just wait till NARS comes out with another palette I guess. 

if you have a nordstrom rack store near you check there i'm pretty sure i saw this palette there 

I absolutely had to have that palette, I missed it too. I wound up paying $80 for it on ebay last week (after looking at listings for weeks). A mark-up, yes, but if you bide your time you can get an ok price.

I hope the next Nars palette suits your fancy if you decide to give up on this one though. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

This sold out as I was checking out on Bloomingdales. *shakes fist*

Le Metier de Beaute's The Total Look kaleidoscope. Be still my heart <3

*sigh*

kalex, I've been looking for this for you - still keeping my eyes open Smiley Happy

The Nicole by OPI Rough-les collection.  I went to all 5 stores in my area that carry Nicole by OPI first part of March (when they were released) and none of them had even heard of them.  The really maddening part is that I'd only been really looking for one of the colors out of the four released, but now I need them all.  Smiley Tongue

Okay, I was blissfully unaware of these. Now I need them too! I am a sucker for textured polish.

I'm desperately in search of these as well. The teal color is on ebay. 

Update: I went to my nearest Kmart today (30 min away) and they had a beautiful, untouched display of these lovelies! I picked up all but the yellow because I wasn't sure I would wear yellow, but I think I may go back and get it. 

If you want me to pick some up for you and ship them to you I could (assuming they're still there if I go back)! PM me and let me know!

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • original.jpeg
  • estee-lauder-bronze-goddess-summer-2011-compact.jpg
  • lmdb
  • upload_7572432560499490083.jpg
  • Snip20140329_1.png
  • image.jpg