Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks PJ!!! 

Your eyes are beautiful!

Thank you TK! 

Anonymous Insider

Lovely!!! 

Thank you Vaashtii!!!

Anonymous Insider

Quick photo of what I put on this morning. I find that I like photos when trying something new because I can get a better perspective than when I am looking in the mirror. 

I tried out the NARS tinted moisturizer sample this morning in Finland. It's okay, but (and yes I knew this going into it- but wanted to try it out anyway) the coverage is very sheer. I thought that might be okay. And maybe I could grow to like it, but I just didn't feel like it was enough coverage. 

Face:

Smashbox Photo Finish primer

NARS tinted moisturizer in Finland

Bobbi Brown Pink blush palette, powder pink

Too Faced Candlelight powder

Tarte Amazonian Clay concealer Fair

Eyes:

ELF lid primer

Hot Nudes palette- Bronzed Beige

I somehow TOTALLY forgot to put on mascara this morning. I forgot a few things this morning, I'm just out of it I guess

Lips:

NYX High Voltage lipstick in Burlesque

Anonymous Insider

This is a stunningly well-groomed look, which is dominated by that gorgeous swipe of sexy red across your lips! The lipstick lights up your face, and your complexion looks flawless, while you've defined your eyes subtly but beautifully! You look fabulous! 🙂

ETA: I like the coverage of my samples, but feel it's too drying to invest in ... actually I've found all tinted moisturizers to be too drying, which is crazy since they have the word 'moistuizer' in their name! ;(

This look is so cute! Your skin looks really soft and luminous and doesn't look like it needs much coverage at all, but it's all really personal preference anyways 🙂

Good thing you asked for a sample before buying it! That's how I've shied away from some foundations/creams. 

as far as i know, NARS tinted moisturizer has much more coverage than the average tinted moisturizer. if you want more coverage, then tinted moisturizers may not be for you ? so you may want to try a proper foundation. regardless, you look great !

I haven't really got on the Nars foundation wagon yet, but your skin looks super pretty wearing this! Also you always rock a red lip so well 🙂 

I agree with TKLJ it doesn't look like you need more coverage. But if you want more and the SPF factor, I still recommend you try the IT cosmetics CC cream. 

Anonymous Insider

I did add the CC cream to my list at Ulta. Maybe I will try it next. Did you say it comes in a smaller size? That would be nice so I could try it out before buying the full sized product. 

Anonymous Insider

I'm loving the Collins Resultime CC Cream, as it's moisturizing and has great coverage, BUT it comes in only 2 shades, so I'm not sure how many people it would work for ... (BTW, you can take a look at it at Cult Beauty, which has free worldwide shipping)

It does, but you can only get travel size ($15) in fair from the IT Cosmetics website. Ulta only has the darker colors in travel size. And currently QVC has the full size plus a foundation brush for only a dollar more. I wish I had gotten that one haha.

FWIW, I don't think the Nars tinted moisturizer doesn't give you enough coverage. I can't see any obvious spots that need that extra foundation layer. I found when I started wearing lighter-coverage things that I wasn't used to it for a while, so my skin felt really naked and that all my flaws were on display. But now I'm used to lighter things and can't go back to a traditional foundation. Just my two cents.

Did you color your hair recently? It's looking redder than usual, although that may be the light and the angle.

And that lipstick is great on you.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks!! The lighting doesn't usually show the red in my hair very well. This time I think it showed up more. 😉  And I LOVE this lipstick, it's pretty outstanding for only $6.

I wondered if the lighter coverage isn't something that I can get used to. I really don't have a lot that needs covered up. I have a little redness and the occasional blemish. But I've always been complimented on my skin. So maybe I could get used to it. I really want to find something with SPF in it. 

Yeah, I mean, who's really close up enough to you to see every little pore? (Excluding your husband, natch.) We all have 'em. 🙂

Thanks everyone for the well wishes yesterday. Date went well 🙂

I never wear green eyeshadow, so figured I'd break that habit! Using the COTY palette, no foundation just Touche Eclat concealer and meteorites, Nars Sin blush, and Smashbox lip liner in fair,Smashbox lipstick in Peony, and Buxom lip gloss in White Russian.

mefeb22.jpg

mefeb221.jpg

mefeb222.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This is a stunningly groomed and polished look, which is a great showcase for both your breathtaking beauty and brilliance at makeup application! I absolutely love the colors you've selected for your eyes, as they flatter your skin tone and play their part in making your eyes truly pop! Your blending of shadows is seamless and exquisite, and your expertly considered choice of where to intensify eyeliner to enhance your eyes as much as possible is simply inspired! I've said it before and I'll say it again: you plainly have no need for foundation; your complexion is flawless, and that cool-toned variation on the classic rosebud lip is edgy and adds an air of insouciance! While I'm here I simply must comment on how fabulous your glossy vibrant hair looks, and it's the perfect picture frame for your stunning face! 🙂

Jozkid beat me to it. I was also going to mention the contrast between your hair and green. They go so well together. 

88,857 Replies
testing