Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG

Wearing some Coastal Scents Revealed shadows, HG Mood Exposure on cheeks, and NARS Audacious in Audrey on lips.

Anonymous Insider

This is a super glamorous look, very you, featuring expertly blended eyeshadow, and those gorgeous feathery lashes, along with glowing skin, and that fabulously seductive, flirtatious lip! You look beautiful! 🙂

I am curious as to which brushes you use to do your shadows.  And as to your blending techniques.  Your eyes are always so beautiful.  

Thank you hearts! Honestly I just use an old Kat Von D blending brush from a set I bought a looong time ago hah. When I blend I just use a lot of soft buffing/windshield wiper motions until I'm happy with it. For any shadow under my eyes I use a large smudge brush also from the old KVD set or a definer brush I got in an old Smashbox set some years ago (it's a #15 definer brush). I use the brow brush daily too, it's the only one I've found that's thin and stiff enough to get crisp brow tails.

This is the old KVD set:

kv

This is the old Smashbox crease brush, ca. 2008 (top brush #15). It's dense so I like it to smudge and soften shadow over liner:

t

Love the eyes!! 

And I ended up ordering Anita yesterday (after seeing how gorgeous it looked in one of your pics :))

I hope you love the color!!

The first picture makes me want to pinch your cheeks. Lol

Haha, I will forever have chubby cheeks. I just realize I look like I'm gap-toothed in that first pic too haha! (I'm not btw)

Anonymous Insider

Keep the cheeks; they are a sign of youthfulness - at the grand old age of 41, I suddenly developed vast gaping holes beneath my cheekbones, where it used to be flesh ... it is not a good look 😉

Yesssss, Audrey!

I'm feeling like a bit of a grumple today.  I hate winter and I just want to curl back up in my bed until it's over.  My Hello Grumpy Cat shirt pretty much sums it up for me today.

i11415mage.jpg

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Ginger

NARS Torrid blush

NARS Audacious Catherine

UD 24/7 Ransom liner 

Sephora Pantone COTY palette, Toasted Nut, Macaroon, Chutney, Shifting Sand, Moonlight Blue

Moonlight Blue was a very bad boy and I now have its micro glitter all over my face, including in my eyebrows and on my forehead.  

im114151age.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This is such a pretty and striking look! Loving the use of natural COTY shades over your lids, with the unexpected purple defining the lower lash line! It's such a directional, distinctive look, and it really works for you! Your complexion looks flawless, and I'm loving the seductive Catherine on your lips! You look gorgeous! 🙂

Thank you, ballerina!  I love that purple liner.  It has such an amazing reflect to it.  

Aw, grumpy girl!  Well, grump away!  But first go put a blanket in the dryer for ten minutes and make yourself some tea!  

Lol, you look really angry!  Maybe decaf.  Just to keep the people around you safe.  

Dark blue is really bad for behaving in general.  I veer away from it as much as possible and definitely try not to touch the stuff when I'm feeling grumpy. I feel like you need to get yourself this outfit. It'll make you feel better!  I swear!  image.jpg

LOL, thanks hearts.  I don't drink coffee at all, so the people around me should be ok. 😉

I curled up with a few cups of tea and some biscuits and all was right in the world again.

I have to share re: that onesie... I was in NYC recently visiting my SIL and her husband.  They both work in fashion and he is a fashion stylist.  On the day we were leaving to come home, he was SO EXCITED that something called a "hoodie footie" had arrived from UPS.  It's pretty much like this thing, without the ears.  We were all making so much fun of him over it, but not 3 days later at home there was a story in the Toronto Star about adult onesies being the hot new thing.  LOL.

I really like the bronzy eyeshadow, and Catherine looks great on your complexion, as always! 

Thanks cupcakecandy!  Haven't seen you around in a while... hope you've been well!

Anonymous Insider

I am having a day too!!! 

Hope it gets better!

Ugh, fallout...bad bad boys...boo! Although you managed to get the pic without any showing--fist bump!

(I get so frustrated with fallout, I end up washing my face and redoing most of the time, sigh)

Anyway, I love the purple eyeliner with the coppery brown looking color on your lid--gorgeous combo!

And I ordered my first Nars audacious lipstick yesterday--Anita. But I'm looking at either Catherine or Juliette for a spring coraly color. Thoughts? (I'm fair skinned, cool toned, brown hair if that matters and have pigmented lips)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts--I know you're the audacious queen 🙂

Thanks BaseballMommy!  

Yeah, I was amazed too that the camera did not pick up any of the glitter fallout, but every time I look in the mirror I see the flareup 😉

I have Catherine and Juliette, and think they are both lovely, coralish colors.  I find Catherine slightly more orange and Juliette slightly more pink leaning.  On fair skin I think both look absolutely gorgeous, so totally up to your personal preference.  I would say if you have pigmented lips, you might prefer Juliette.  I have dark pigmentation on my lips, and I find I need to cancel out that pigment to get the look I prefer with either of these.

I can swatch them both for you side by side if you'd like 🙂 

88,857 Replies
testing