Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

You're so bright and vibrant and just unbelievably nice to look at!  <I said that last part in my creepy guy voice.   Seriously though, your a breath of fresh air!  I love your sweater! 

You look stunning!!!

Those rosy checks! Those winged eyes! That perfect lip! That soft sweater!

You need to impart whatever tribal black magic you use to get the KVD liner to create a nice, thin, tight line like that. 😧

Joking aside, you look fantastic.

How is the Guerlain lipstick formula? I know it's not CF but I've been eyeing some of the colors I haven't seen in other lines.

In the car, on my way to work on a typical dreary Oregon morning. Don't worry, I'm not the one driving.

Giving my hair a few days to restore it's natural oils and texture before I load up on product other than rapid repair and UVB masques, so it's going to be a bit messy.

I'm also still trying to find "the angle" with the new hair. I feel completely non-photogenic, because the color is going to take some getting used to.This throws off my entire routine. Also need to get used to red in my face. Dark hair kind of sapped it, where the light hair kind of enhances it. Time to maybe actually invest in some concealer or a higher coverage foundation..

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Lancome Nude Miracle in 100 (N) Ivoire

3) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

4) Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in Iridescent Yellow Ivory, Matte Milk Tea, and Diamond Fig (sorry, forgot the ID numbers)

5) Smashbox Vanilla (for downblending)

6) Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper

7) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara (2x coats)

😎 Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Ruby

IMAG1685.jpg

Red in your face?? Definitely don't see it here! As I was scrolling through, I was actually thinking to myself that you look like you have the most perfect, beautiful, porcelain skin. I like how the neutral, subtle shadow and thicker liner really makes your eyes look big and gorgeous!

Aw, thank you!

Anonymous Insider

This is an immaculately groomed and polished look! I especially love the eyes, as your intricate blending of shadows for a seamless finish is beautiful and envy inspiring! I'm also a big fan of this pretty rosebud lip, which is romantic and flirtatious and perfect as we approach Valentines! You look gorgeous - I'm still loving the hair! 🙂 BTW, for redness your could try Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation, which disguises everything, or Bobbi Brown does this great corrector for redness, which my sister (who is also blonde) uses with great results 🙂

I think the redness was just a side effect from the NUDE skinecare fizzy powder I used the night before. It's definitely cleared up today, and it was almost gone by the time I got home.

And thanks! My boyfriend says he has something fantastic planned this year (since I planned last year), so I've been experimenting with romantic and light sultry looks. Glad it's working for me. I was a little worried the Fig would be too dark or glittery for the outer corner but I think the vanilla for down blending really helped.

I don't see any red on your face. But if you're looking for something, I have rosacea, and I can recommend the MAC CC cream in Neutralize, a light yellow. I tried all the green creams Sephora sells, but this MAC one is the only thing that works for me (when I remember to use it).

Thanks, TK, I'll look into it. 

I'm mostly seeing redness in the inner-apples of my cheeks and a bit along my nose. Since the Tarte foundation neutralizes this, I was thinking about just putting a light layer of the Tarte Smooth Operator concealer on around these areas before I put on lighter foundations like the Nude Miracle.

But the Nordstrom nearby sells MAC products, so I'll drop by and give it a shot next time I'm at the mall.

I'm reallllly loving your new hair color, like ballerina said before, you have a grungey vibe to you. 

Thanks! It's starting to grow on me. The plan is to keep going lighter until I can reach a true platinum. Originally, were going to mix ice and blue steel toner and 'pearlize' it into the platinum hair color, but I'm starting to think I'll keep the cinnamon tips. While it is currently caused by stripping out auburn, then throwing ice and strawberry toner on the relevant parts, I think mixing strawberry, ice, and a bit of sand could create similar tone once the auburn is completely stripped.

But bleach is not touching my hair for at least another month.

Anonymous Insider

I'm a big fan of platinum hair! My twin had it when we were in our early twenties, and I never lost her in a store, for I could just look for the hair - which in my opinion looked stunning! It will suit you beautifully! 🙂

I've done platinum before, back when I was sixteen, did all my haircolor myself (not from a box, mind - I used Ion, Manic Panic, and stylist grade products [assuming I could get my hands on them]). I went from black to platinum in one evening, and I like to think by now my hair knows the drill. It's taken a ton of abuse and it's already back to pre-bleach texture.

I've gone progressively darker since my boyfriend and I started dating, and I wanted to go lighter. He suggested platinum or sheer strawberry. Since I don't think I can rightly apply for more work with pink-toned hair (true strawberry toner), I decided platinum. I'm really looking forward to my next appointment. My stylist is doing a fantastic job and is creating a portfolio for the change.

Though I did tell her not to put that 40 volume on my roots because forensically speaking, I am a blonde (the inner shaft of my hair is clear) so it turns very quickly. I think it really surprised her.

it was a fun day.

Anonymous Insider

SO I wore pink out of the house today! (I love my reds and am totally lacking confidence with pink!) 

What I'm wearing:

Face:

Smashbox photo finish primer

Maybelline FIt Me foundation in Classic Ivory

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hr blush in Fearless

Tarte Amazonian Clay concealer

Too Faced's Candlelight powder

Eyes:

Pixi eye primer in nude

Stila Sugar and Colourpop So Quiche (Lightly and totally blended to oblivion)

Smashbox Always Sharp liner Penny Lane

Lips:

Too Faced's Razzle Dazzle Rose

I LOVE Razzle Dazzle Rose and it looks perfect on you!! You need to mix up your reds and pinks more often, for sure!

Anonymous Insider

You did a pink lip and it looks absolutely gorgeous! How did you find wearing it out of the house? I'm loving your flawless complexion too, and also the subtle but effective definition of your eyes, which give this look a fabulously groomed finish! BTW, I can't recall if I've said this before, but I love your hair color; that chestnut shade is so rich and vibrant and perfect with your skin tone! 🙂

Pink looks very pretty on you! 🙂

The Lippie & matching scarf is so pretty on u 🙂

Anonymous Insider

thank you!!

88,857 Replies
testing