Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

2015-03-02 09.50.48.jpg

Excuse the selfie. I'm sitting in the family waiting room at the hospital while my MIL has surgery. 

Face:

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Maybelline Fit Me foundation

Bobbi Brown Pink Blush palette

Eyes:

ELF primer

BB Hot Nudes palette Bronzed Beige

UD Perversion mascara

Lips:

NARS Audacious Bette mixed with NYX High Voltage Burlesque

Neat colour combo! It matches your hat and shirt it looks like 😛

Love the custom lip color. I hope your MIL is doing well.

Is the high voltage a new product? I had never heard about this, I'm digging the mix, turned out a nice brick red! I hope your mother in law comes out fine, whatever she's going under.

Anonymous Insider

Yes. NYX just released the High Voltage lipsticks. AND a new lip gloss line...but I can't remember the name, I haven't tried them. This is my first NYX lipstick and I love it!! It's an impressive quality for $6. Now I get what all the buzz about NYX lippies is about!!!

My MIL was just diagnosed with uterine cancer. They caught it early and apparently, it's one of the easier types of cancer to treat. SO today she is undergoing a hysterectomy. So we are standing by at the the hospital, me, my husband, and his grandparents. 

You look smashing, Vaashtii! How do you like the NYX High Voltage so far?

I hope surgery goes well for your MIL. Keep us posted.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks!!! I love this shade. It's not as bright as a normal red. It's got a smidge of rust to it or something. But it is brighter than Bette, so I kind of like it to brighten it up just a bit! And it seems to wear well. It is transferrable though. 

Hope all goes well with your MIL's surgery! I'm guessing you are the most fabulous-looking person in the hospital waiting room, especially since you're rocking Bette.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks!! Everything should go smoothly!! She was just diagnosed with cancer. But they caught it early so we're hoping this does the trick!! 

I wanted to do a really vampy lip and clean rest of face today, but my lip didn't end up dark enough for my liking. I realized that I really have a hole in my stash when it comes to dark lipsticks. Now I am wishing I had picked up the reformulated Bite 001!

Excuse the random clothing in the background. Yesterday was laundry day and I left a couple items out to attack with the lint roller. Our dog loves to leave his hair everywhere. 😃

Diorskin Nude Air, Besame Vanilla Brightening Powder, NARS Exhibit A

Inglot shadows, UD Twice Baked, L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boost Mascara, Anastasia Dip Brow in Dark Brown

OCC Matte Lip Tar in Black Dahlia (my tube broke open so I have this in a small plastic pot. I was afraid that it would dry out but it is still perfect)

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

You so good with berry lip colors 🙂 

I actually think applying OCC tars from a pot would be easier than the squeeze tub. And the color is lovely!

Did you just dab it on? I love the color but I thought Dahlia was way deeper color! Either way, you look dashing. 

No, I applied my normal amount in my normal way (I own a lot of lip tars and like to think I have it down to a science now haha). For some reason, it always looks like this on me. I did pretty much the same face last Friday except that I layered Black Metal Dahlia over Black Dahlia and it still didn't go very dark on me. I don't love Black Metal Dahlia, I think I am going to trade/give it away and buy myself a new tube of Black Dahlia.

IMG_1649.JPG

Ah, that is weird! It's super dark on me!

Ditto!

OH. OH. whoah I missed that, I didn't know there were two shades, I thought it was just one shade and it was called black metal dahlia, haha. You'd think something with the words black metal that it'd look almost completely black with hinds of maroon. 😛 

The other day I remembered about the transparent powder so I applied it over one of my liptars and it worked well! 

I don't think I posted my makeup on Friday, so you didn't miss anything, no worries!

Black Dahlia is matte, and Black Metal Dahlia is their metallic version. I don't care for most of their metallics as they just generally look like glitter-bombs on my lips. 

Wow, Black Dahlia looks so different on you than on me!  This is how Strumpet looks on me.  

Yay, Exhibit A love!  It is a favorite of mine.  

I am so jelly of how naturally pretty you always look, Ali!

Haha weird how much time and effort go into looking "naturally" pretty! Thanks!

I am starting to wonder if I have a funky tube of Black Dahlia. I have always had separating problems with it, except its not the oil separating like I would expect. Rather, the bright red and black base separate and I have to mix them together every time I use it. Having it in a pot has actually made it easier for me to mix them. This is one of my oldest lip tars, so I think it is time for a new one.

Black Dahlia looks so wearable and wonderful on you. It's great paired with your neutral eyes! If you want it darker, I suggest buying the lipliner. Easier to build on that 🙂

88,857 Replies
testing