Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks jem!  I should re-phrase... I feel like I need some more contrast somewhere.  😄

Very fresh, love it

Thanks malday!

I like this! It's simple yet so pretty - all of your lovely features are highlighted and you just shine. 

Thanks lachaton!  I think I'm just having color withdrawal 😄

Evening, ladies!

Firstly, sorry for the shoddy pictures. I took them in the car, without any light, because I felt awkward doing taking my picture at home with my roommate standing right behind me.

I did a miracle mask last night and it made my skin red hot and feel like it's on fire. I don't know if that's because I haven't exfoliated recently or what, but I've had off and on redness/burning and deadens nerves in the afflicted areas. I followed up with a cucumber mask last night to try and calm my skin down but, still red.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Primer

2) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair Beige

3) Tarte Smooth Operator Pigmented Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair

4) Urban Decay Anti Aging Primer Potion

5) NARS Dual-Intensity Eye Shadows (Andromeda, Lysithia, Giove)

6) Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer

7) Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

😎 Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Mistress

9) Calvin Klein Euphoria

IMG_20150311_075028.jpgIMG_20150311_075029.jpg

Anonymous Insider

You look gorgeous, and I'm loving that beautifully blended blue smoky eye; it's perfect for daywear, and suits your coloring fabulously! But how is your face now? It sounds like an allergic reaction, but one can never be sure with face products, as around 15 years ago I tried an Olay toner that should have been absolutely harmless, especially as my face was accustomed to toners, and I'd checked the ingredients list thoroughly, but it burned me terribly, and has made me super cautious about trying and testing every new product since. Even with my beloved DDG peels, I tested on my hand and neck before braving my face. Today I use the peel everyday and layer on retinol and vitamin C products like a crazy woman - all of which my skin *could* react with, but for some reason doesn't. I'm still unsure to this day why the Olay toner proved so lethal to my poor skin! Be so kind to your face now; treat it as injured and layer on the calming soothing products - I find Rodial's Skin Food Facial Oil useful in such situations, as it is so gentle and healing.

My face is getting some feeling back, and the pink is coming down to just my cheeks - and normally in waves, instead of being constant.

The only sunburn I've ever gotten was a 2nd degree on my leg (yay for being a super secret, under-cover native american!). But they say tattoos feel like sunburns, and I have a couple of those, so.. if that's true, then it's what my face feels like.Sometimes it's just tight and sensitive, othertimes it's red and irate - which leads me to believe it's the AHA, since that can increase sensitivity (not that I'm in the sun like.. ever, and I use SPF50 sunscreen when I use those products). 

If it IS the AHA, then I imagine it's the concentration.

My current skincare routine is as follows, for recovering from this:

Morning:

Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser

Korres Pomegranate Toner

Origins Original Skin Serum

Origins White Tea Skin Guardian

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream

Algenist Ultra Light UV Defense Fluid

Night:

Algenist Gentle Rejuvenationg Cleaner

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Mask (cooling, calming, hydrating)

Algenist Hydration Essence Toner

Nude Skincare Treatment Milk

Nude Skincare Renewal Moisturizer

Pretty simple, focused on protection in the morning, and calming/repairing at night.

Anonymous Insider

As long as the toners are gentle, this looks great 🙂

Ouuuuuch!   I don't think the red is supposed to stay overnight like that.  Shiny and pink hapoens, but it usually doesn't last more than two hours.  Looks like you had a reaction to something in the mask!   

I would lay off any deep cleansers for a few days just to let your skin recover and take note of the ingredients in the mask so you have a better chance of identifying the culprit if this ever hapoens with something else.  

Boo.  That sucks.  

At least it's uniformly pink.  Could've been much worse.  It just looks like you've been for a run.  

Do you find Giove hard to blend?  I can't seem to get it to behave like the others.

I did find Giove a bit difficult. I ended up putting more Lysithia on a flat-tipped blending brush and going over the corner and crease where Giove was.

I also found that Lysithia was not as pigmented as I would have liked. I had to really pack it on.

Yeah.  I'm not sure I've used lysithia yet.  I haven't tried them wet either do maybe that makes a difference. 

hey g. stinging is good/normal (relatively speaking), but burning / fire is bad. i don't think it's because you haven't exfoliated in a while, but because there was something in it your skin reacted to. so i'd be careful with that one.... 🙂

hair is lookin good !

Thanks, jem.

The only reactive agent I can think of in the mask is the AHA, but I use AHAs in other products with no issues (not often, but still on a regular schedule).

I'll probably be returning it and try Algenists brightening mask, since their products have been non-reactive thus far. While the flares do come and go, they get better each time, and the nerves are gaining sensation throughout the day. A bit sensitive in some areas now, actually.

For now, probiotics, hydration, and cucumber repair masks until everything is back to normal.

which mask did you use ? was it the nude miracle mask ?

Yep, the Nude Miracle Mask.

I'm heading out but I wanted to show you guys the lippie stick in Corset from ColourPop because I am OBSESSED.  

1.jpg

And a goofy winking attempt to show you my eyeshadow.  It's Heaven and Hell by Ardency Inn.  So beautiful.

2.jpg

I've been a bit *cough* hormonal so my skin is kind of sucky.  Mascara is Roller Lash, blush is Por Vida from KVD, foundation is Armani Maestro and that's all I have time to write out.  Hope you're all having a great Wednesday!!

Anonymous Insider

That lipstick is simply fabulous; such a gorgeous spring color (makes me wish I were living in a country that actually has spring, which the UK seems to be lacking)! Your immaculately blended eye shadow is striking and distinctive and really makes your eyes pop, and your tightlining is enviable (as I'm way off mastering the art)! To me your skin looks youthful and radiant and I'm not noticing any hormonal issues, so try not to be so self conscious about the odd blemish! You look stunning! 🙂

I know that eternal hormonal struggle! You look fab regardless, fiesty and gorgeous! I like the purple lips on you. I cannot pull off a purple lip (especially of this hue) to save my life haha

if i try to wink, it looks like i'm having a seizure. 😕 

Anonymous Insider

Luv the look, you look so fab. Corset is a keeper!! 😉

88,857 Replies
testing