Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

From Modcloth last Christmas. I feel like there's probably something similarly twee in stock there.

Adorable 🙂

Too cute! I love them!

Anonymous Insider

What are your thoughts on the Smashbox liner? I just purchased one of those (In Penny Lane) I love it because it's so easy, but I kinda dislike it because it's TOO easy, it's hard for me to make a light line with it. 

Cabana is the only one I own and I won't buy others because it transfers on me, even with primer. I agree, it's hard to make a very thin line with it. If I want one, I actually have to sharpen it after applying liner to just one eye, which is a bit of a pain. I do love the color, though.

Wowwie, I thought I was the only one with this problem! My lady-friends all rave about Smashbox everything, and while I like their shadows, I cannot get on board with their liners at all. They feel.. Soft, I think, is a good word. They're good for smudging, but a pain to get a nice, uniform line with - especially with, as agreed, when tight lining.

What's weird is the Always Sharp is billed as waterproof, so it doesn't smudge well (intentionally), but it will transfer from my hooded eyes to my brow bone and then stay there indefinitely as I try to blend it into submission with a damp q-tip. Obnoxious.

I took my boyfriends advice and tried Color Field. The product is wonderful, but I am not fond of the way I look in green. If I can't get over this by the end of the day, I will likely be returning the product because I do not feel it will get the use it deserves. 

I'm also disappointed in the bareSkin serum foundation. It pilled during application, left a streaky, almost yellow finish in some areas, and would not apply to my nose. I had to break out concealer just to get some coverage on my nose, and the pigmented pressed powder was a must to fix the tone problem. The brush, however, is sooo fantastically soft. I will say that I love the way the foundation feels on my skin. It's like I'm not wearing any, but I'm not sure that justifies the frustration. I may exchange it for the Hourglass serum foundation (n9, or whatever it's called). Still stewing on it.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) BareMinerals BareSkin Serum Foundation in Porcelain

3) Benefit Fake Up concealer in Light

4) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair

5) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion

6) Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Color Field (all five shades)

7) Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

😎 Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Lychee

IMAG1538.jpgIMAG1539.jpg

That's too bad about the foundation. It sounds like it's not worth the hassle. Hourglass seems to be treating you well, so I'd say it's worth a try.

Your eyelashes are fantastic, as always. 🙂

My boyfriend (who knows absolutely nothing about make up and skincare) actually had an interesting suggestion.

As the foundation is meant to be a serum, perhaps I should try it without moisturizer or primer.

It is an interesting thought, and perhaps a valid point.

Do any of you fine ladies have any thoughts on this?

I have Perricone's No Foundation Foundation Serum (what a mouthful), which is the only foundation-serum combo I have. I still use moisturizer with it, although I don't use primer with any of my foundations. So it's worth a shot, I guess, and the worst that happens is you trade it for something else.

More or less. And I have plenty of serum as it were, anyways, so regular ol' foundation would be fine. I'm just a sucker for makeup with benefits. And I like to try all the things.. All the things.

I generally maintain the "well, whatever, I tired it" mentality. Nothing to really loose, but also nothing ventured, nothing gained, yeah? Even hair. It'll grow back - though I do try to keep it healthy through the worst dye jobs and haircuts.

Besides, everyone is different. Nothing ever gets a 10/10 from everyone who has tried it. Case and point, Temptalia is not at all a fan of the Modernist palettes, but they work wonderfully for me.

I have yet to try Hourglass' n9, so, if this continues to not work out for me, I know what I'm getting next.

That's a pretty great thought your boyfriend had. Mine would be totally clueless...so...you don't like it, eh? When I bought this foundation I asked the SA about using a primer a with it. She said it wouldn't be needed with the serum as it's like a primer, concealer, foundation plus serum in one. I still use my moisturizer when I wear this foundation and don't have any issues with caking or pilling. Since my skin has been so much clearer I cut down to using 1 drop on each side of my face and buff/blend it with the brush.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't like it. I'm frustrated by how it applied today. I'm willing to give it another shot, because I do actually like how it feels.

The rep I spoke to suggested I use primer and finishing powder with it.. But, not all reps are created equal. I've had this happen with my local BareMinerals rep before - I was matched far too dark for one of their powder shades. If I wanted more than sheer coverage, my face was bright orange. I've come to discover that, no matter what they, or Sephoras ColorIQ says, I'm the lightest color anyone makes in the history of ever (as a general rule, not *always* the case, as Naked 0.5 is too pink for me). 

I'll try the foundation as a serum tomorrow, as tonight I have a Thirstymud sleep mask on my schedule. If it still behaves poorly, I'll chalk it up to my skin rejecting it or possibly a bad batch and move on to an Hourglass foundation. No biggie. The store is right by my work.

NARS radiant creamy concealer ginger

nars boys don't cry blush

ud pulp fiction palette righteous, tyranny

bite high pigment pencil madeira

im123151age.jpg

Such a fresh faced and pretty look.

Your cheeks have the perfect amount of blush and it looks like this gorgeous natural flush.

And this is a great nude lipstick on you, too.

Oh....and has anybody else read tyranny as tranny?

Or is it just me?

Wow, that blush is a bright one!  I disagree with the name of it though.  Boys don't cry?  Challenge accepted! 

Your cheeks are wonderful!

Thank you!

NARS boys don't cry blush ?!?! vas is dis ?!?! 

(ok i looked it up and saw it was LE in 2013 ?). it looks gorgeous on you. and i lovvve the cure.

Hehe, I've been listening to The Cure all morning.

88,857 Replies
testing