Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I stopped dating for like 3 years between my last boyfriend and when I met my husband because I also had standards.

I preferred not to think of it as forever alone but as single by choice.  

Eventually things will work themselves out. 😉

Thanks mocha Heart

Where do you usually meet guys, malday?

They're usually friends of friends or acquaintances. I'm not really one to be outgoing and talk to people in public places haha. I've also been told more than I few times that I look very intimidating so not only do I not approach people, but I don't get approached either

Maybe you already do this, but have you tried the online dating thing? Being behind a computer screen tends to give people courage, so men who wouldn't ordinarily have the guts to approach you out of intimidation or fear of rejection might be more inclined. Also, it gives you a chance to project up front the information you want to prospectives. Everything you wrote up there about what you're looking for, and what it is about yourself they'll need to appreciate-- you can just throw that onto a profile page and it'll weed out anyone who can't hang. Of course, you'll undoubtedly have to do a lot of filtering of guys who just want to get laid, but an online conversation or two can be a very good barometer for that, as well as for figuring out if you'll have enough in common. I know online dating had such a stigma for a long time (and with that comment I'm probably showing my old age), but it really can be a handy tool to wade through the anxiety of talking to people at events or shows or what have you.

That said, if online doesn't float for you, what about scheduling some classes or groups or volunteer work for yourself that fit your interests? I know you like to sketch... perhaps taking a community drawing class would be the ticket? I'm not saying you should do that because men, I'm saying you should get out into the community and do what you love, and perhaps in investing time in yourself, you'll run into someone who shares your interests. Either way, win-win.

Sort of, I'm not really into it tbh. I'm actually much better at talking to people in person once a conversation gets going. I tend to be very observant of peoples body language and subtle changes in tone, mood, etc. Also, as the overly sarcastic person I am, a lot of things get miscommunicated over a screen haha. I may look into some sort of activity I enjoy, thank you for the advice 🙂

I learned how to row (like crew) after a particularly heinous breakup (honestly, taking out your anger on an oar is very satisfying). That's where I met my husband. We were friends for years, and then we went on one date and were engaged 7 months later. I was 37 when we first started dating and we've been married for almost 15 years now. (It really can happen just that fast!)

Do stuff that makes you happy and makes you a better person. The rest will follow naturally. Promise.

overly sarcastic ?? somewhere in a parallel universe you are daria and i am jane !!!!!!

Anonymous Insider

Do you have any interests that have a group meetup possibility? Really, public places do suck so having the activity as an enabler is a good way to meet folks of the opposite sex and will ensure you do share some interests.

So to take my interests into example here- art,  beading, gaming, ... and now makeup. So, I am on BT and I occasionally do gaming conventions, I went to art school and they have mixers here locally for alumni. God help me if I go to a bead show, that would do more damage to the budget than what I did last year at Sephora but everyone in shops has always been so friendly (and yes you do meet men there occasionally!).

I was typing virtually the same thing when you posted this, TSQ. 🙂

I'm not sure. I'm not really looking to go out and meet new people either but that may be a good idea. Purely with the intention of meeting new friends though. I don't like going out with the intention of meeting a guy, it feels so forced.

Anonymous Insider

Malday, no worries. It's one of those if it happens, great. Otherwise you get new folks to hang with aside from the standard go to movie and eat.. it's refreshing to have alternate activity friendships. For interests sake, consider reading MWF Seeking BFF. Mostly relevant to what you've said, that there are benefits and ways that the author discusses.

this is a look that i really like in person but for the life of me can't really get a photo of that really shows it. monochrome. i apologize my skin is looking a bit green/grey. if i open my (grey) curtain my skin gets blown out, if i close it i look like i'm diseased (2nd pic is better). 

NARS all day luminous, siberia

NARS radiant creamy concealer, chantilly

NARS contour blush, olympia

NARS blush, luster

BENEFIT watts up stick highlight

COVERGIRL brow pencil

LAURA MERCIER caviar eye stick, amethyst (this is so gorgeous and i can't get a good photo of it !!!)

GUERLAIN maxi lash mascara

MAC lip liner, spice

NYX matte lipstick, butter (this just slides right off, like...butter.)

butter1.jpg

butter2.jpg

Your cheeks! That highlight!

Ahhh I want Amethyst so bad, but I've put myself on a no-buy until chic week!

You look as luminous as ever jemly!

Just think of how much more beautiful it will be at 15% off!

kb, i'm not here to enable. i'll just say, i'll help pull the trigger when you're ready. contrary to the name "amethyst" it's not as purply as you'd think. like a brown grey with just a hint of lavender. i'm obsessed !

I saw swatches of it, and I looooove it. I love that it's more muted. So yes, once it's chic week, please enable away!

I think this might be my favorite look you've ever done.  It is such modern softness.

wow mocha thank you !

You'd make one hell of a zombie ;D I like this look. 

88,857 Replies
testing