Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

What a pretty glowy look @2manyperfumes ! Love the lip against the eye. I do love this shadow palette. You are inspiring me to use it more often! 💞

Thank you @Sunnysmom 🧡 the dermablend banana illuminating setting powder really gives the skin a matte but light reflective quality 

Interesting @2manyperfumes, wouldn’t have thought of that! Smart. 🥰

You look so guilded and bright today, @2manyperfumes ! Love the look. 

Thank you @scott1201 ❤️, it was so hot and muggy today but the makeup stayed budge proof.

@2manyperfumes  Love that lip combo with your eye look! 

Thank you @WinglessOne 🥰, since I was wearing. Bright yellow and that crazy bright MAC lipstick the PMG palette is subtle but not wishy washy.

It’s Midnight Sun test day! Also retesting an old tinted moisturizer in a shade I hadn’t tried before. 

Smoky eye wear-test with PMG Midnight Sun.Smoky eye wear-test with PMG Midnight Sun.Also, kudos to LM tinted moisturizer for not making me a ghost.Also, kudos to LM tinted moisturizer for not making me a ghost.Super happy so far with my PMG-direct purchase decision vs waiting even longer for my local PMG-stocked Sephora to get this in stock.Super happy so far with my PMG-direct purchase decision vs waiting even longer for my local PMG-stocked Sephora to get this in stock.

Details: 

Spoiler
Base: 
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free in shade 5W1 Tan 

The last time I tried this product, its limited shade range hurt my feelings. The shade that seemingly should’ve come closest to working on me, didn’t. So I gave up on this tinted moisturizer—until yesterday, when I did some new chest swatches of this and the newer version. I might go back and get a sample the newer version, but it seems that 5W1 Tan was more orange than this one. Hmm. 

I didn’t initially set this with anything today; I wanted to see how it performs on its own during a humid high 80sºF day. I wore it over Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen, YTTP Superfood moisturizer, and a very thin layer of Origins 100% Rose Hip Oil. Around 3 hours later, I re-upped my sunscreen via Supergoop tinted setting powder, which helped keep this tinted moisturizer from completely melting off my face. 

Brows: 
Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil in Black Tea 

Eyes: 
- Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer 
- Pat McGrath Mothership VI Midnight Sun 
- Top lashes: ILIA Limitless Lash mascara 

Since it’s warm outside and I planned to walk a lot—and this palette’s not my first PMG sparkly fallout rodeo 😄 —I went with a grippier eyeshadow primer than my usual NARS primer. There was still a little fallout during application and I’m fine with that. It gave me a sparse sprinkling of fairy dust. On this Smashbox primer, the shadows I used haven’t creased at all or melted off my lids within the last 8 hours. I’ll try this again soon with the smoother NARS primer and see what happens. 

Undereyes: 
- Smashbox Hydrating Under Eye Primer 
- Becca Ultimate Longwear concealers in Cinnamon and Almond (mixed together) 
- By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder (translucent) 

Cheeks: 
NARS NARSissist Wanted II cheek palette, shade Queen 

Lips: 
ColourPop Creme Lux in 27 

Gorgeous @WinglessOne stunning eye makeup!!

Gorgeous @WinglessOne stunning eye makeup!!

Re: Gorgeous @WinglessOne stunning eye makeup!!

Thank you @silliluci !

@WinglessOne midnight sun looks gorgeous on you. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125 !

Love the pop of colour in your inner corner. @WinglessOne 

Thanks @ather !

love that inner corner!! great look @WinglessOne

love that inner corner!! great look @WinglessOne

Re: love that inner corner!! great look @WinglessOne

Thank you @lmaster !

@WinglessOne Woooo girl that violet is giving me FEELINGS! 

Thanks @tastelikewater! So far, that’s my favorite shade in the palette. 💜

Love it all on you @WinglessOne esp the blush oh and then the eyes too. And lips of course.  Oops. I love it all the most. Lol 🙂 🥰

Thanks so much @Sunnysmom! ☺️ I wish that blush shade was available as a single, for travel purposes. It’s one of my favorites. 

Yes I can see why @WinglessOne . So fresh and pretty.  Maybe they will soon. 🙂 I know a lot of em out there etc but I feel like LMercier has one similar to this. But I get it when you find the perfect one! 

88,857 Replies
testing