Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Um. I'm loving that name for the NARS! Demon Lover ;D  Are the shades purplish or greyish that I'm seeing? It looks nice. 

Yep, a blue/gray and a purple. And thank you. I don't usually wear blue shadow, but I wanted to try the Nars variety and couldn't pass it up for $15.

http://www.sephora.com/duo-eyeshadow-P392615?keyword=demon%20lover&skuId=918110&_requestid=69264

oh nice, I remember looking at this and wanting it but I'm saving up my no buy  for the dual intensity shadows 😕 

I"m on the fence about the dual intensity palette. When I first saw it, I knew it would be mine. But the more I look at it … I just don't wear dark colors like half of it is. Demon Lover is darker than I normally wear. I just don't know anymore … 

The only one I am unsure of is the blue because most blues don't go with me. Other than that, I'm excited about the rest and I heard good reviews from vintageortacky and I always trust her opinion. She's the one that got me started on my love for CT's First Love blusher. 

I did watch the Vintageortacky video and she pulled off that blue beautifully … I'll probably get it and return if needed. I'd feel less bad about returning it since it's not like I can try it wet in the store.

I actually feel the same way about the palette, but I do think the dark shades, like Demon Lover, would make an excellent diffused liner.

Desdemona and Subra are also fantastically amazing burgundy shades so if you can pull off a red or dark rose eye, they would make fantastic editions.. maybe like a center-lid high-light or a slightly darker, shimmery outer v.

The palette may be worth it if you're getting your main shadow from a separate palette. 

Example: Urban Decays Laced in the crease, the middle shade from Kat Von D's True Romance Fever palette all of the lid, the lightest shade from the Fever palette as an inner-corner high-light, maybe the darkest from the fever palette as a diffused liner, and then Subra or possibly Desdemona in the outer v?

I really love the way Desdemona looks in the pan. Unfortunately on my skin it tis the perfect color for a bruise. Not a good look for me.

Not many people can pull off a rose colored eye without looking ill, bruised, or zombified.

The only way I can do it is to wear a moderately thick black wing liner, put no color on my lower lid, and use a black water-line pencil.

Some people though can pull of rose eyes phenomenally.

Thank you for all the suggestions and tips. These are excellent to keep in mind.

Saturday is my day to experiment with new product!

I had a helper kitten today. Glitch decided she needed to be the center of attention, making things difficult when it came to the selfie-cam (boyfriend is still asleep).

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion

3) Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation in Fair Beige

4) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Finishing Powder in Fair

5) Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Atmosphere (all five shades)

6) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara

7) Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Mulberry

IMAG1425.jpg

IMAG1420_1.jpg

IMAG1437_1.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This is a beautifully groomed and polished look! Your eyes look gorgeous - how did you find the Hourglass palette (I'm hearing such a mix of reviews)? I'm loving those feathery lashes too, and the way they actually curl up obediently (unlike my own)! Your complexion looks flawless, and that lip is fabulously classic! You and the kitty both look incredibly pretty! 🙂

I think it really depends on the palette. I had all of them, but returned Graphite due to the color pay-off - the blue shade applies very much as a dark, cool grey, not the mildly diluted blue I was hoping for. That said, it was a decent palette. I had some fallout with it, but not noticeably more than I would get from a UD glitter shadow.

That said, Obscura (which I wore Thursday) was absolutely fantastic. It had true color payoff, was super buttery, and left me with almost no fallout (the shimmer shade I put on my smudge brush to diffuse as a liner dropped a tiny bit). 

Atmosphere is a tiny bit more powdery, and the colors apply a bit lighter than they appear in the pan. I experienced less fallout from the liner shade I used, and the shadow was just as buttery and blendable.

Both of these palettes are fantastic and worth getting. Obscura would definitely be better for a smokey eye. Atmosphere makes a better nude.

I'll be using a different one tomorrow.

Aww, your helper is so cute! Love the eyes, that eye palette is very pretty and looks great on you. 🙂

She's cute when she's not trying to eat my brushes while I'm using them, lol! Great cat, though. Aside from that, she's extremely chill and well behaved.

The palette is great, I just wish the pink (second shade) transferred a little more true-to-color. I can rock pink eyeshadow fairly well. At least it makes a decent inner-corner shade when blended into the third shade (which I used on my lid).

I do very much appreciate the compliments! I feel like this palette brightens the contrast in the heterochromatic rings in my eyes. Makes the inner green pop while the outer blue is still visible.

Anonymous Insider

I looked at the pics again, and can totally see what you mean - the green pops and the blue ring shimmers and gleams in the most enchanting manner! 🙂

My youngest cat, Sylvie, tries to steal my brushes too. Mostly she likes destruction of any kind particularly window blinds. I took this picture of her staring out the window in deep contemplation probably thinking how satisfied she was with herself. Notice the broken blinds on each end and the thread she's pulled down with her paw.

image.jpg

she looks so vogue, that blind or whatever it is waving in from the left side looks like a sash and her paw up like she's ready to sing and she's like "shhh, my beautiful audience, I'm about to begin." 

That cat does seem quite satisfied with herself. I bet she revels in pride every time you tell her she's being a jerk.

Our cats are normally well behaved (between my boyfriend and I we have five). His eldest cat very much likes destroying MY things. Not our roommates things. Not his things. Just my things. Like eating my 150 dollar gaming headphones. Because he's a jerk. But after living with me for two years, he has calmed down quite a bit. Now it's just occasionally eating my shoelaces.. through a door, while they're at the top of a shoe rack. 

His dedication to the task is quite phenomenal. But the rest.. it's rare for them to destroy anything - even the brushes.. But once in a while..

The weird thing, though, is that each cat seems to want to eat a different brush.

Zeus likes to eat my ultra fine gel liner brushes.

Dustin, his brother, likes to eat angled gel liner brushes and any clean-up q-tips that magically appear outside of the trash.

Glitch, being girly, likes to eat my super fluffy powder brushes, like the Tarte Powder Player and my kabuki.

Vlad, her brother, likes my flat shadow brushes.

Ramsee, my boyfriends eldest, on top of having contempt for me, seems to like to eat lip brushes.

And they're clever, too! I've put them in drawers, and they've got them out. They've gotten them out of bags, by some kind of cat sorcery, without destroying the brush bag. They open cupboards... I've resolved to the hutch above my desk, which is far to high for them to get to, and opens top-to-bottom as it were, with a latch. They would have to be pro physics hackers to get to them, now.

Anonymous Insider

My cats responded to training to a great extent - meaning they now only eat the husbands things, which is just as it should be! 😉

Anonymous Insider

Apparently, my cat is an underachiever. All she does is sleep. Of course, she's also thirteen. But she's never been too feisty. 

88,857 Replies
testing