Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Im seriously contemplating taking the plunge on the Nars foundation.. all you girls are selling me!! ❤️ 

erin it's worth a shot. i'm really loving it now. i had a bit of a learning curve with it for a little while (i'm used to liquid foundations where more product is required but is overall more sheer, so it--being so pigmented--is literally the opposite of what i'm used to). definitely put on moisturizer in the a.m. and let it absorb a bit before you apply the foundation. if you want to put on more than one layer of the foundation, let it set before going in for the second layer (which is no more than a minute really because this foundation sets very quickly !!). and fingers are definitely your friends with this foundation / blending.

Ahh.. I might spoil myself a little bit and go for it. I don't know why but I never really wanted the Sheer Glow.. but this one is really calling to me. Everyone I see I really love the finish and the way their skin looks.. and I love the idea of brushless and pigmented. My spring break is in a week so maybe I'll be able to get into a sephora and have them match me 🙂 

Do you prefer this one over sheer glow? 

sheer glow is the exact sort of foundation i've worn for years, so there's a familiarity / comfort with it that i don't have with the new one, obviously. but i re-wore it a few days last week, and while i still liked how it looked i concluded this new one DEFINITELY wears better through the day. that's the major difference i noticed.

Hahaha,  all I saw was the top picture at first with you looking very intimidating and next to a happy 'hi everyone!'  

It freaked me out a little Jem!   Hot serial killer-esque!  I can't stop laughing! 

I'm loving the blue eye/green eye to no end!   There's something captivating about two such intense shades of eyes. 

hearts, it's how i roll. constantly causing general perplexion by doing / saying things that make people go "huhhh ?" 😉

Anonymous Insider

I feel like I've achieved a rite of passage or finally get to hang with the cool kids since I started using Maxi Lash. I LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

vaashtii so glad you're loving it !!!

Subra is such a gorgeous color! Andy is, of course, adorable and you are lovely!

Love the eye makeup today. Looks charcoal gray with a little hint of blue. 

Oh the eyes!  Perfect.

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

Trying to counteract my exhaustion/my general down mood with a bright, fresh look.

Becca Eye Tint in Baroque

KVD Liner

Sephora Marsala Trio Coral Blush + Highlight

MJ Sheer Lip Gel in Eat Cake

Anonymous Insider

I feel as though you look way too glamorous for first thing in the morning, and yet I can see this is not what you aspired to, with the intricate blend of neutrals over the eye, the groomed brows, the perfect complexion, and cute, sassy pink lip: I figure it's the feathery lashes - as soon as you add mascara they lead you into glamorous waters no matter your efforts to look natural yet enhanced! You look stunningly beautiful though! 🙂

You put my exact feelings into words regarding my lashes! Sometimes I don't want to look so glam, but the tiniest bit of mascara always pushes me over that line.

Anonymous Insider

I had a similar issue when I was young - even a touch of makeup more than one swipe of Covergirl under eye concealer made me look like I was ready to go out to a party! This fact - and my lack of talent in application - made it so it wasn't until my mid-30's I even started wearing things like eyeshadow. I have always strived to look as natural as possible with makeup on, but I know that even if I get better at application I'll likely always wind up looking too glam for 6am ice rink mom duty! Thank heavens I work in Asia, where to look glam for day is absolutely fine! 😉 

Whatever you mascara you used today, you should use it everyday. Your eyelashes look fake again! 

Thanks SD! Lately I've been using Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara in Volume & Curl, my coworker bought it for me in Japan but I think you can get it here. 🙂

Jotting this down right now!!!  As I get closer and closer to the end of my heroine make bb cream I'm thinking I want to buy more!  I didn't even like it at first but since I started using the mj brushes things have changed. 

Let me know how you like it if you buy it hearts! Also you totally indirectly enabled me to buy the two MJ Sheer lippies I wore the past couple days!

if you were a my little pony your name would be Flutter Lash.

(disclaimer: i'm only familiar with the 80s mlp)

88,857 Replies
testing