Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Your hair never ceases in its power to make me stop and stare (in a non-creepy way, obvs!) This is another very groomed and polished look, but on this occasion it is so natural that it would hold its own on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, and even in Boston - growing up between these 2 venues has made me obsessed with the no makeup made-up look, which I have never managed to master - but *you* have mastered it, and you look gorgeous!!! Your complexion is flawless, your eyeshadow brilliantly blended, your eyes subtly enhanced, and I'm loving the cute nude-pink lip, too! Stunning! 🙂

I think my kitties problem is from a catheter. Her seems to be doing better now.

This lipgloss swatches very purple but applies very nice to my natural lip color.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in Fair Beige

3) Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder

4) Urban Decay Anti Aging Primer Potion

5) Kat von D True Romance Fever palette

6) Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer

7) Tarte Gifted Smart Clay Mascara

😎 Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lipgloss in 2001

9) Calvin Klein Euphoria

IMG_20150324_071706.jpgIMG_20150324_071707.jpg

You are the queen of dip-dye ombre hair and of daywear smoky eyes! Your blending always impresses me too, since it is utterly seamless! I'm loving this high polished look that could take you from the office to the evening so easily, and that raspberry gloss flatters your skin tone beautifully! You look stunning! 🙂

Today's look; KVD Monarch Palette, Shade+Light Contour Palette paired with her Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita 💋

image.jpg

Curiously I don't feel this lip is remotely Lolita-esque; to me it is a radical, fashion forward option, which pushes the boundaries of what lipstick is all about, and this is why I love it! It challenges our preconceptions of the limits of lipstick! It flatters your skin tone perfectly, and compliments the taupes and sands featuring on your eyelids today, so you look impeccably polished, and those brows are immaculately groomed! This is editorial and quite stunning! 🙂

Face-

Too Faced Hangover Primer/Smashbox Pore Minimizer Primer (prefer this over Porefessional)

Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Cream

Sephora Microsmooth Baked Face Compact in Light

Revlon Colorstay Face Powder in Medium (As a bronzer)

Elf Blush in Tickled Pink

UD All Nighter Spray

Eyes-

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown/ Clear Brow Gel

NYX Eyeshadow Base in White Pearl

Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette

UD 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Corrupt

Tartes Light, Camera, Lashes Mascara

Lips-

Maybelline Lip Liner #25 Toast

Revlon Lip Butter Berry Smoothie

Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss in Super Natural

Sounds as though this was a beautifully groomed and immaculately polished look - would love to see a pic 🙂

Sorry I haven't been posting, ladies.

My boyfriend gave me a pretty nasty sickness. Sinus infection/sore throat/fever combo. No make up. I'm barely skating by all my work OT on the coat tails of my energy.

feel better soon !

Afternoon, ladies!

I've been wearing these new Tarte products for a few hours now so I'm comfortable giving a quick rundown.

2) Tarte Foundcealer in Fair

3) Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer in Fair

4) Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder

5) Urban Decay Anti Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

6) Tarte Away Oui Go palette collection (Private Chateau, as a base shade)

7) Tarte Miracles of the Amazon palette (Pink Beyond, Taupe for the Best, Dreams Plum True)

😎 Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! liner

9) Tarte Gifted Smart Clay Mascara

10) Tarte Lipsurgence Liquid Lip Shine in Exquisite

11) Calvin Klein Euphoria

IMG_20150221_083043.jpgIMG_20150221_083041.jpg

The Foundcealer name gives me a bit of a misnomer. It's actually barely medium coverage, so I still needed regular concealer to cover up redness. The texture is okay, and Fair is actually an exact match for me. This I find interesting, because Fair in the normal foundation line is a bit too pink for me (I'm neutral, but wear pinker tones better).  It's pretty much like a serum foundation, and even uses the Maracuja serum bottle, essentially, with the dropper top. It took about four drops to do my entire face.

There are some problems I experienced though. Firstly, I learned a trick from the guy who used to do my make up regularly, and that's to sweet a very, very sheer coat of foundation over your lids to bring everything in together. You can put primer over it. That did NOT work very well with the Foundcealer. At all. The primer tugged it off, giving the areas around my eyes a thick, cakey look. A little concealer fixed it all up, and I will not be trying that again with this product.

Second, it did kind of sink into my pores. Evidently I am the only one in my apartment that realizes this. My boyfriend, our roommate, and his girlfriend did not see this:

IMG_20150221_082941.jpg

I suspect this is my primer. I will use one of the others I have laying around tomorrow.

That said, it wore well thus far (7 hours). I haven't seen any caking, slipping, or transfer, so that's good. I want to love this product, as it's about the same weight as the Koh Gen Do foundation I have and is a better color match. But I think I need to keep playing with it first. If I can make this product really work for me, I will likely return the KGD.

The eyeshadow is about what you would expect from Tarte, only exceptionally pigmented.  I have only tried the left side of the palette, so I can't speak for the other side, but only Pink Beyond is a sheer, lightly pigmented shade. I was not prepared for how intense Taupe for the Best and Dreams Plum True were, though I love the compliment of the dark purple lightly blending into the outer corner and crease. The shadows are soft, buttery, and blendable. I experienced no fallout with these shades.

I still feel the same way about the Gifted mascara. It's not as good as Lights, Camera, Lashes! but it does give me fuller lashes, so that's a plus. Probably better for those subtle days where I don't want/need 'OMG' lashes.

The Liquid Lip Shine is basically Tartes lipgloss formula, and I am not sure why there was a name change. It's not particularly sticky, it didn't want to transfer to my tea cup this morning, and it is a fantastic berry shine. As with most Tarte lip products, it is also very hydrating.

More tomorrow! Swatches and pictures of the palette on Monday!

Fabulously polished look, and fabulous review, too! Your brows look impeccably groomed, your complexion looks flawless, and that nude-pink lip is elegant and refined! I absolutely love your eyes defined by the cool tones of plums and pinks as they really flatter your skin tone, and I simply must add that your talent in blending shadows is amazing! You look gorgeous! 🙂

Very tired. It seems I just can't get enough sleep these days... And never mind the hair, I forgot my brush at work..

2) Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer in Fair

3) Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation in 002

4) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair

5) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

6) Tarte Away Oui Go palette collection (Private Chateau, Snow Angels in the Parc, Navigating the Metro)

7) Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Liner

😎 Smasbox Full Exposure mascara

9) Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Gloss in Exposed

10) Calvin Klein Euphoria

IMG_20150218_055519.jpgIMG_20150218_055520.jpg

You are so good at enhancing your naturally gorgeous features through the subtle application of just the right makeup in just the right places! I am absolutely loving this look; it is so classic with the flawless-looking complexion, those nude-caramel lips, and the gorgeous definition of the eyes! Stunning! 🙂

Must say, the winged liner came out epic good today.

DSC_0462[1].jpg

I have those glasses too!!! Lootcrate FTW!!!

Hello everyone! I've been away on vacation with no Internet access but I'll be back at this thread tomorrow!  Missed everyone! 

Missed seeing your lovely face here, but hope you're having a wonderful vacation!!! 🙂

Tired today, but I'm hoping for a better day than yesterday.

I feel so weird wearing eyeliner these days. I've gotten so used to using dark shadow. I feel that it looks better on me than this foreign black line.. Ah, well. I do like the formula!

2) Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation in Fair Beige

3) Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder

4) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

5) Urban Decay Naked Palette (Naked, Gunmetal)

6) Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Liner

7) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara

😎 Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Ethereal Pink

9) Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black

IMG_20150211_060357.jpgIMG_20150211_060355.jpgIMG_20150211_060353.jpg

This is a fabulously polished and wonderfully groomed look! I am loving your variation on the smokey eye, and the fact your blending of shadows resulted in this fierce yet ethereal shade, which is beautiful! You're exceedingly good at applying a lovely skinny eyeliner line, and it makes your eyes look even bigger! I'm also loving that pink-nude lip, as it is the perfect balance for the strong eye and suits your skin tone perfectly! You look stunning! 🙂

I think these lippies are my calling. Like everyone is into nars. I like but dont consider hg. But this high end lippie from mj. His le cremes...those are like my nars audacious. Cant wait to have them all. Except the light pinks.

Haha, I feel the same way except I want all the light pinks and not so much the dark reds! 

88,354 Replies