Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

This is a classic Upper East Side impeccably groomed look!  I'm loving the gentle definition of your eyes with neutral and natural cool shades (not to mention your seamless blending of different shades), your flawless-looking complexion, and that fabulously seductive beige-pink lip! Stunning! 🙂

Oh this is gorgeous. So classically pretty.

At first I thought the (doll's? child's?) dress was a very fancy hat.

lol!  I didnt remember it was there until after I posted the pic. 

Me too!

LOL! Me too! A fascinator!

Anonymous Insider

Same!

This is lovely! I've heard such mixed reviews of the Hourglass Mechanical liner - do you like it?

I love it! I only use it on my bottom lash line.  I have trouble getting a natural looking line on the bottom and this is so easy. I dont like it as much on my top lash line. Definitely will continue to rebuy it!

Ouhhh, nice blending of the shadow!  I love your almond shaped eyes!  They're almost cat like!  I am drawing little flicks in the outer corners with my eyes!  

And tutu!!!!   I wanna girl really badly!!  

I love my eyes most of the time, but they are each angled differently and I wish they wernt. When I wesr my glasses its really obvious!  Lol

Our daughter will be 6 months on Friday and she is such a joy! Im glad girly clothes are available in more colors now because im not a fan of much pink. I dress her a lot of navy and red.

My one crease comes down further than the other making wings difficult to execute from the top lash line without looking wonky.  I just sweep up from the lower lash line following the natural angle of each eye.  

A thick softer liner would be more forgiving.  If you draw an imaginary line between the edges of your eyes and the ends of your eyebrows then you can create an illusion of symmetry. 

IMG_3717.jpg

(What is this startled-deer expression on my face?! LOL)

My makeup at the end of a 12-hour day: Naked 1 and KvD Foiled Love lipstick in Adora.

How do you like the foiled lipsticks? I for one like them but I feel they look weird on me. :s I really like brown shadows on you. they make your eyes stand out more in my opinion. 

This is the foiled lippie in a tube, which has been discontinued, as opposed to the foiled liquid one, which I think is still around. Anyway, this is the only one I have, so I can't speak to the others, but I like it because it lasts a gosh darn long amount of time. I wore it to a wedding (actually, I wore basically this entire same look) because I knew that I could eat and then not immediately run off to the bathroom to reapply, especially by wearing lipliner underneath. It is the slightest bit drying, though, so your lips have to be in decent condition and you can't layer it on. I'm also not one for foiled/frost/shimmer finishes, but I do really like this one. Here's a photo of me at the wedding. I've cropped out a friend, so the photo's a bit weird, but you can see the foiled finish better.

IMG_2549copy.jpg

And thanks for your comment on brown shadows. Yeah, I've found that brown makes my eyes look nice … but the crazy thing is, I just find brown shadow so boring. But when I do wear it, I wonder why I don't more often. 😉

I totally know what you mean here.  I always like the way I look in browns, but when I'm getting ready, it's always "eh, I want ALL the colors!"  

And then I feel like rainbow brite threw up on my face and all is right in the world! 😄

Love the Rainbow Brite analogy. 🙂

If I had a spirit cartoon, she would be it.  She was my hero when I was a kid.  I used to cut up BOOKS of construction paper into confetti and throw it all over the house, pretending to be her.  My parents were not amused 😄

Anonymous Insider

My mom sewed a RB costume for me when I was five and made a yarn wig for me. Best. Halloween. Ever.

I have never been more jealous of you than I am right now 😄

Anonymous Insider

OMG - those bangs with that fiercely seductive lip, and the glow of shimmering gold above your eyes, makes this an incredibly sultry look! You look stunning! 🙂

Thanks, Ballerina! I'm glad I looked sultry for my 9-to-5 desk job. 😉

88,857 Replies
testing