Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks Veg! I blame it on my job. I work in sales so it's like I have to get into character before work. No one wants to buy from a grumpy gills 😉

You look wonderful! You pick out the best lip colors! Everything looks good on you. 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks, SD! Truthfully I have my sister to thank for that. She's 2 years older than me but we could pass as twins so most of the time what looks good on her also looks good on me. She really helped me transition from my college athlete days to what she calls my "real girl" phase.

Even now if I can't decide between something I'll send her a picture of me wearing both and let her make the decision lol 

I was a college athlete too! So i get it because I never wore makeup in college. What for? I had two practices a day and no energy. What sport? 

Anonymous Insider

That's awesome! I played D2 softball, what about you? - I totally relate to the having 2 practices a day and no energy.

The Grey's Anatomy line, "Should I sleep or should I shower? I could sleep in the shower. Oh, but I'm also starving" was the definition of my college career haha

Nice! I played D1 water polo. So even more of a reason to skip makeup. It was just going to wash off for the most part! Haha I totally understand that Greys Anatomy line! Except I played a water sport so I definitely skipped a formal shower so I could go stuff my face before class 😄 

Anonymous Insider

That's pretty cool.. I can't imagine that being an easy sport. I used to dread 5am pool workouts. Food usually won for me too...which meant I usually went to class with like, dirt on my face and in my hair haha. 

I remember one time my professor actually emailed me the assignments thinking that I wasn't in class because I showered and did my hair and she didn't recognize me 😄 

Yeah, its a very physical sport but I started playing at 8 years old so I was used to it. That is hilarious that your professor didn't recognize you and you would go to class with dirt on your face! Well I may have been clean from the pool but I reeked of chlorine. I feel bad for everyone that had to sit next to me but I didn't smell it anymore. Its a pungent smell and I didn't realize it til after I stopped playing. Oh well!  🙂 

Anonymous Insider

Haha at some point it becomes a part of you and like you said, you don't even notice it anymore! Shout out to all the kids that had to sit next to my dirt/sweat and your chlorine hahah 😄 

hi i hope everyone is well. you can't really tell here, but i got my hair trimmed and refreshed the color yesterday. no more mini ponytail for a little while 😉 (trying to prevent mulletdom)

GIORGIO ARMANI luminous silk foundation

NARS radiant creamy concealer, chantilly

NARS contour blush, olympia

BENEFIT watts up stick

COVERGIRL brow pencil, midnight black

NARS blush exhibit a as eyeshadow

NARS dual intensity eyeshadow, desdemona (just slightly on outer corners, dry)

GIORGIO ARMANI smooth silk eye pencil, tightlined and waterline

GUERLAIN maxi las mascara

HOURGLASS liquid lipstick, icon

NARS semi matte lipstick, red lizard (to warm the red up a bit)

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This is a super glam model-off-duty look, and I'm loving it! Really it's like an editorial that belongs on the beauty pages of a magazine, because you've used such strong, dramatic shades on your eyes, but as always your blending is so brilliant you totally pull this off, and that fiercely beautiful lip is a fabulous complement to the grandeur of the eyes! You look absolutely stunning! 🙂 

hey thank you everyone !!! i'm really touched by the response. exhibit a for life.

image.jpgGawwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... 

You are amazing. I love red around the eyes, and this looks stunning on you.

I love this! Amazing use of Exhibit A! Reds are your thing. You carry them so well.

Ooh, exhibit a as shadow... I tip my hat to you, Madame!

You look fantastic in reds. When are we sending you in to be a NARS model?

Nice use for Exhibit A! 

thanks veg chili. it's perfect !! it's obviously not "buttery" like a good powder shadow but that's working for me, it's not budging.

I think people would normally steer away from red on red but you really make it work and look good! How do you do it?? 🙂 

funny you say that. a few years ago i wore my makeup like this much more regularly. i use to do red eyes with nude lips, but with the red lips i noticed 1. it made my skin look even paler 😉 and 2. it glammed it up rather than made it full on Dark Girl Found Makeup. 😉

(wow so many winky faces)

88,857 Replies
testing