Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Dior hydra life pore reducing pro youth moisturizer

Dior forever fusion wear makeup

maybelline age rewind concealer

mac blush hipness 

becca champagne pop applied very lightly on cheeks and lids

too faced shadow nougat brushed over entire lid

abhdipbrow blonde

abh brow duality matte Camille 

benefit roller lash

mac proenza schouler pink fringe lipstickimage.jpgimage.jpg

Pink hair, pink cheeks, pink lips - what's not to love? Stunning! 🙂

Is this Dior one a powder or liquid?

So flawless.

How do you like the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer?

I almost picked one up yesterday but they didn't have any of the lighter selections.

Do you have a swatch of this by any chance?

You look so sweet and pink but with a hint of spice.

PS

This lipstick was made for you. 

image.jpgIt's a liquid.  There's so much written on the darn bottle.  I should've taken it all down.  

This is my second age rewind concealer in the last year.  I like it for the price but also will choose it over my high end concealers. I had to run out and get another when I ran out because I prefer it.  It's light, moisturizing,and conceals well which I enjoy for summer.   It does need to be set with a translucent powder or it will crease, but if you don't mind that extra step it's really good.  I don't like a lot of drugstore items but this has my heart.  

It looks pretty darn darn similar to my skin on my arm but here is it in fair.  it does oxidize if you don't seal it with translucent powder but you need to do that anyways. 

I LOVE that lipstick! It looks great on you;goes perfect with your skintone.

I decided to experiment with Kat Von D's single eyeshadow in Stockholm. The one on the left was taken last month and the right was yesterday. Also, taken in different lighting

Left (on eyes): Kvd Stockholm + a pink eyshadow & eyeliner by Tony Moly

Right: Kvd Stockholm + Kvd star studded palette in Heaven Knows & Marc Jacobs Marc'er pen eyeliner

Others:

Charlotte Tilbury Film Star bronze and glow

CT blush in Love Glow and Ecstacy 

CT lipstick in Coachella Coral

image.jpg

Very pretty! I have been eyeing Coachella Coral but I really do not need another coral lipstick!

Thank you @k617! The shade is part of her permanent line I believe, so there's no rush in case you ever feel like you "need" a coral again (; 

You look so pretty in that coral shade! I also love the peak of your lacy lavender shirt! It looks lovely.

Aww thanks Shannon! This is the first time I've been complimented on clothes in a makeup post haha. I'm thoroughly flattered :$ and yes, coral is love for me too 🙂

Products

Spoiler
1) Tarte Beyond BB in Fair
2) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Enigma
3) Tarte Be Your Own Tarteist v2 Palette - Golden Opportunity, Sienna the Future, Like You A Latte, Highlight of my Day
4) Tarte Eyeliner Pencil in Brown
5) Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Palette 7 - Browns - 47 Intense

IMAG0530.jpg

No mascara because my eye is irritated and even putting on eyeliner was a pain..

This brown, while I LOVE the color, was so tacky to apply it took more time than the rest of my makeup combine...

So, I've come to some conclusions. I am returning this palette, as well as four of the other palettes. I still have to get through plum, but it is unique enough in my collection that I do not see it going away.
The problem with the brown is that the two colors I have enjoyed the most have been too difficult to apply. I will try to procure them in a bullet later on down the road. The rest? Well.. I love the colors, BUT... as most of you know I am a bit of a stickler for CF Beauty. MUFE is one of the highest regarded brands and I do make a bit of an exception for them. However, I cannot justify keeping their products when they are duped out in my collection by CF products. And such is the case with the warm pink, beige, coral (and let's face it, coral doesn't work terrifically for me anyways), and cool beige palettes. They are just too close to being identical in shade.
The difference is the formula. Most of the dupes I can find in my BITE collection. BITEs formula works fantastically for my chicago-winter damaged lips. It does not always have the same staying power but a little translucent powder on some of these glossier, transfer-happy products can actually stop that.
I will likely be procuring BITEs new products with the funds I get from the returns.

your skin looks absolutely flawless! I feel like this is such a classic look, although there is some extra deepness in your lipstick that gives it a bit of an edge, love it! btw what are your favourite CF brands? I've made exceptions in the past but I am starting to find that its bothering me more and more and I'm thinking about completely switching over. Any tips or favourites you can share with me?

I agree 110% w/EmmyLove...your skin does look flawless!

Thanks!

I'm always glad to see people making the switch to the CF persuasion! 😄

The only make up brand I make an exception for is MUFE, and that's because their quality is hard to rival. But I will not get a product that I can find a painfully similar dupe of.

My favorite brands are:

Tarte (Peta certified, Leaping Bunny certified) - my personal number 1

Urban Decay (leaping Bunny certified - parent company (L'Oreal) is not)

Shiro Cosmetics (hand-made, vegan indie brand in the PDX area)

Geek Chic Cosmetics (hand-made, vegan indie brand in the PDX area)

Kat von D (peta-compliant)

BITE Beauty (peta-compliant, leaping bunny certified)

AmorePacific (peta-compliant)

Korres Naturals (Peta-compliant)

Tatcha (peta-compliat, leaping bunny certified)

REN (peta-compliant)

There is a CF beauty blogger that I occasionally follow: phyrra.net 

She has a large list of brands that she keeps up to date. Though she is a bit ok with some grey-area brands. Grey-area brands are generally defined as a company that does not perform tests on animals themselves but does sell in China where the government may perform their own tests on the product (the "except where required by law" bit), or a company that cannot verify their sources are CF. To a degree, I am accepting of grey-area brands of the former type. In order to persuade eastern countries to end animal testing, we have to have a presence first, right? I am of the opinion though that a company should take it upon themselves to investigate their sources, so being unsure of a supplier is not as excusable.

I still try to steer clear but I don't get that guilty feeling. Such brands include Shiseido, MAC, Smashbox, and Aveda. An example of the latter form of grey-are branding would be Skindinavia. I do use Smashbox and MAC products, the former more than the latter because MAC's parent company is not CF.

Skin care is a bit harder because, while I try to be CF, certain non-compliant companies work better for my skin, such as Peter Thomas Roth, Boscia, Algenist, and Origins. I do not use too many of their products, but I do use them while keeping an ear to the ground and trying out CF products that may a similar effect.

Cruelty-Free Kitty is another good source. And of course, if you're unsure, the Peta website has a fantastic search function, and Leaping Bunny keeps their site up to date.

Feel free to message me with any questions or opinions on products!

This makes me think of a glamorous Old Hollywood editorial pic in Vogue circa 1967! Your beauty is classic and timeless, your complexion is glowing and flawless, and that pop of a statement lip hue is simply dreamy! Stunning! 🙂

IMG_7069.JPG

Wearing:

• NARS TM St. Moritz
  • other regular face stuff
  • NARS Unlawful Blush
  • Becca Champagne Pop
  • Misc warm brown and orange-y shadow from NARS SPDV, Marsala Palette, and KVD Shade + Light Eye
  • MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick

Those perfect brows, those impossibly feathery lashes, and that deliciously sultry lip! Your beauty is simply overwhelming! 🙂

I think I've told you this before but I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE your brows. They are my dream brows. 

i really like the natural fresh look on you malday...even though you rock glam just as good. Velvet teddy fits you perfectly

I love your eyes today! ❤️ 

IMG_7026.JPG

My look for the 4th! I was trying to keep in minimal in case I went swimming.

• Clarins Tinted Day Screen + CFX Drops
  • Charlotte Tilbury Colour of Youth on cheeks
  • ABH Dipbrow Med Brown
  • ColourPop Frenchie on lips
88,128 Replies