Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

Ice Rink Mom Duty Look at 6am - 

BASE: Embrylolisse Cream + EL Primers in Matte (T-zone) and Luminous (cheeks) + Collins Resultime CC Creams in Natural & Golden Mixed to get a shade close to my skin color

EYES: I got really brave and attempted to blend 4 shades from Naked 3 (the pale end obviously)! If you want to know the shades, and I can't imagine why you would, I've named them in the eyeshadow challenge thread. Mascara is Dior IT Lash. Eyeliner is Lancome Art Liner.

CHEEKS: I'm still lost on cheeks, so this is Hourglass ALP Dim Light blended with Nars Multiple in Portofino

LIPS: Nude - Need to put bucket loads of balm on to prep them for the sub-zero temperatures of the ice rink!

FRIFEB62015.jpg

Untitled 2 copy 2.jpg

You look lovely, Ballerina! And your hat is cute!

Anonymous Insider

Hats are a must; the temperature in the rink is like 10 below ...

You are waaaayyyyy too hard on yourself! You look cute as all get-out!

Anonymous Insider

I got into makeup properly only when I turned 41 and suddenly I didn't look like *me* anymore, so I'm really late to learning all the needed skills, and blending is proving an especially hard art to master! 😉

I agree! Ballerina, you always look so lovely, and I wish I could leave as elegant a compliment as you always do. Your lashes in the second photo are amazing. And I love how toasty warm you look.

Anonymous Insider

Incredibly the rink is so cold that I basically freeze when I get there even wearing 6 layers of thermals, cashmere and a ski jacket on top! 😉

You're so cute! You look like a snow bunny 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you. I really wish the freezer plant at the rink would get fixed, so us parents don't have to freeze anymore! Fortunately there's a Starbucks a two minute walk away, so I always get hot chocolate, which makes braving the chill a little less painful! 😉

Very lovely look. Eyeshadow and blush both look well blended.

Anonymous Insider

I really tried with the eyes, but I kind of do it blind, and hope for the best. For the cheeks I wanted to see if I could use Dim Light as a blusher, but a daughter said I needed some pink, so I added Portofino, then blended it in a heavy handed way so it was virtually invisible! I will continue to work at this! 😉

😊 I'm so happy you're posting your looks now. You are beautiful and way too hard on yourself. 

Anonymous Insider

When you have to learn how to wear makeup in your 40's, you have to be hard on yourself, because you know that if you ever want to look okay to face the world again, you have to get good at it, and I am in no way a natural when it comes to makeup application, so it's a lot of practice and experimentation, which is fun! 😉

It is fun! And it's exactly what we're all doing here. 😉

You'll definitely bring some warmth to that event with your face! Loving the hat, I wish I looked as cute as you wearing one but with my big head? I don't think so. xD

Anonymous Insider

I actually don't like how I look in beanies now, because they emphasize my below cheekbone collagen depletion, but for the freezer they call the ice rink, it's a must! 😉

Holy moly. I figure skate and can barely manage to get my hair up in a ponytail and some water splashed on my face before 6am practice.  It's all about the coffee on those days.  I bow down to you.

Anonymous Insider

When I was the skater, I had no idea how to use makeup, thus I didn't start until my late 20's. I didn't learn about foundation till at 41, I realized I needed it. I'm just at the rink to help coach my children now; they're all working toward different tests and levels of competition, and I have to look human just to show my face in public these days. Sans makeup, I no longer look human 😉

No one is human at 6 a.m. Humanity doesn't begin until at least 10 a.m.

Anonymous Insider

I don't have to *be* human, but I do have to look it! 😉

I love your eyes today my dear, so romantic!  

88,857 Replies
testing