Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

hahaha thank you that made my day 

Another light day. The blemish is clearing up but I don't want to put anything on it that could possibly make it worse.

I received the Bobbi Brown Hot Nudes collection as a gift, so today and the next couple days I will be using it to see how many 'everyday' looks I feel I can get out of it. As most of you know, I don't wear blush, so I'm writing that part off for now. I'll give it a chance, but when I'm not going to work and feel that I can experiment more.

The art sticks are a bit too bold for my taste. I applied them with a moist lip brush to try and sheer them out a bit.

1) AmorePacific Color Cushion CC Compact in 104 Tan Blush

2) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair

3) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

4) Bobbi Brown Hot Nudes Eye Palette (Ivory, Peach Sugar, Bronzed Beige Metallic, Smoke Shimmer Wash, Blackest Brown, Cement Sparkle)

5) Bobbi Brown Hot Nudes Artstick in Hot Berry

IMAG1736.jpgIMAG1737.jpg

Super pretty yet simple look.  Sheering out the lip for this natural look was a good call.  Love! 

Anonymous Insider

This is a stunning neutral look, immaculately groomed and impeccably polished! I love the subtle definition of the eyes with neutral shades, the perfectly groomed brow, the flawless-looking, glowing complexion, and that feisty, flirtatious pink lip! You look beautiful! 🙂

You are fantastic. Every time you comment you give me warm fuzzies.

Gorgeous colors! Grats on the gift. 🙂

I'll admit that most of the palette is not as pigmented as I had hoped. Two colors appear to just be glitter, with no pigment. And many are quite powdery. But they do blend fairly well. 

That said, I still believe I can get at least three good looks out of this. I'm trying to create them around the Art Sticks, since I received three. Given the price, and the number of colors, I would consider that a decent buy (for those looking to purchase).

I'm curious about the Art Stick. How easy is it to use? Do you think it will be a pain to sharpen it in the future?

If you're looking for bold, highly pigmented lips, then the Art Stick is probably fine enough to use 'normally.' I don't feel right with a bold lip, and as it is extremely pigmented, I have to use a wet lip brush, so it is not the simplest lip color I own.

The color is definitely waxy on the stick, but it's strong, so I do not think it would be any more of a pain than some of the gel liners out there. Off the top of my head, I'd compare it to Buxoms liner in thickness and sturdiness. Of course, Bobbi Brown does have a sharpener specifically for the Art Stick.

I have only had them for a day, so I haven't had the need to sharpen them just yet. These are just my best approximations.

Was the collection a gift from BT/Bobbi Brown, by any chance? 🙂

Sephora and Bobbi Brown, yes. Per the usual, I need to indicate that I received it as a gift, and post a review on the product page, etc.

I received notification that I'll be getting it, too!! I'm beyond excited. 🙂

Me toooooo I can't wait, so appreciative ☺

IMG_3762.jpg

Wet hair, don't care.

Eyes:

Sephora Mixed Metals shadows in Gypsum and Shale

Glossier foil liner in gold

Marc Jacobs mascara in Blacquer

Cheeks:

Sephora Mixed Metals highlighter in Sandstone

The Balm blush in Frat Boy

Lips:

Buxom lipstick in Menace

Nice lip!  I went MIA here the last couple of days but this is awesome! 

Anonymous Insider

For me that strong, feisty, insouciant lip steals the show! It is the perfect color for your skin tone, as it lights up your entire face! I'm also loving your alternative take on the classic smokey eye, and the gorgeous natural-looking flush in your cheeks! You look beautiful! 🙂

Thanks very much, Ballerina! 🙂

I LOVE that lip color on you 

Thank you! It was from the Sephora Favorites lip collection this past year and I think it's my favorite of the bunch.

Another lipstick added to the wants lol. 

Your blush looks great! How are the sephora highlighters? Never tried them 

This is the first time I've used the highlighter. I'm by no means a highlighting expert, so I can't really attest to how good it is. It's a mineralized finish, so it goes on very light. It's also glittery, and there's been a bit of fallout of the glitter from the shadow and the glitter from the highlighter across my lower cheeks.

88,857 Replies
testing