Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I wore Jefree yesterday and I got so many compliments! It is such a bright, pretty pink shade. I think the trick with these lipsticks is to exfoliate your lips first! I also have to touch up every so often with my Fresh Lip Treatment because I hate when my lips are feeling dry. 

<3, Randee

Again, with the headache and the meds.

Figured I'd try the new foundation with my usual primer. I liked the texture of the Clinique stuff, but this foundation (which allegedly does not oxidize) started to cake around my nose and slip off in that area at the end of the work day.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Prime

2) Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation

3) Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder

4) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

5) Tarte Away Oui Go palette collection (Private Chateau, Macaroons for You, Marvel at the Mona Lisa)

6) Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Liner

7) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara

😎 Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Creme in Wishful

9) Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black

IMG_20150213_061027~2.jpgIMG_20150213_061023~2.jpg

Anonymous Insider

In these pictures you look absolutely beautiful, and your complexion looks flawless, but I hate foundations that cake! Maybe stick with the Clinique? Loving the way you've defined your eyes so effectively with such delicate neutral shades, a fabulous swipe of liner and a sweep of mascara! That rosebud lip is super cute and really flattering against your skin tone! 🙂

Pretty eyes, as usual. 🙂

Thanks, TK!

I really like the Korres Greek Yoghurt sleeping facial, so I contemplated getting a sample of the primer.  What are your thoughts on it?

The Yoghurt primer is my go-to and a holy grail. It is, hands down, the best primer I've tried. And I've used many. As an added bonus, Korres is cruelty free brand, which is a thing for me. Being natural is also a small bonus.

I have combo skin; oil on the nose, normal and then dry towards the outer edges of my jaw. This primer is hydrating, but also because it made from full-fat yogurt (therefore, oil), it helps control oil much better than primers that specialize in such - at least for me. 

They do not claim it, but I have noticed a decrease in irritant-related breakouts, so I imagine it has some probiotic nature to it. I absolutely use it when trying out new products, as blemishes caused by new products irritations are both easier to treat and much smaller. I also get fewer.

That said, when you apply it, as it starts to absorb, it can be a bit sticky. It also has a smell to it. It's not bad, but it can be pervasive to some. For me, it dissipates quickly. I would also not recommend using it with foundations meant to control oil (like Hourglasses Immaculate foundation), as there is a definite conflict between the two products. Koh Gen Do, Tarte, NARS, and Urban Decay all seem to work well with the product.  I did not experience any issues with Lancomes Nude Miracle, or the Diorskin Nude, though I did not wear them terribly long or more than once.

Lastly, my foundation has never lasted longer. Because of the oily nose, using other primers, I consider myself lucky to get through 6 hours without it sinking into the pores and slipping off everywhere else in that zone. With this primer, I can easily get through a nine hour day and then some; 12-14 hours is quite normal for me. I also experienced a lot of easy transfer when something brushed up against the dry area in the past - no longer a problem for me with this product, as my skin is hydrated and make-up can adhere to it better.

If you like the Yoghurt facial, you may like this primer. If you're unsure, it does frequently come up as a 100 point reward in the rewards boutique, which is how I first tried it. 

Thanks so much for that very detailed explanation.  I appreciate details so much.  If there are any left when I place my next order, I will pick one up.  

I've basically started doing two looks a day. I want to use all my new pretties given to me. 😄 So here I am using makeup geek eyeshadows and some sephora and using up my hoola bronzer since i've hit pan on that already. this will serve as a way to finish up that makeup that is old already lol and never gets used. 

i'm using mac sin too. IMG_20150212_205936.jpgIMG_20150212_210108.jpg

Very rocker chic.  Between you and Leah, I think best smize is certainly mastered.  

I love your smoldering eyes.

Very fun and wild! Beautiful!

Anonymous Insider

This look is very 1970's Bohemian Rock Star! Loving the grunge-tastic eyes and rusty coral lip! Stunning! 🙂

I couldn't come up with a way to describe this look but I think ballerina nailed it! I agree with her Bohemian Rock Star comparison! 

I like your exaggerated eyeliner ☺

I ran out of ink. I need . oh wait i got kvd stuff stocked. Oh. I don't need to spend money.. this .. is weird. 

thank you, beauty ;D  

LOL you crack me up..

IMG_3814.jpg

Not a great picture because I was losing my light. But you can see that my new Besame lipstick is looking a bit patchy. I think it's because it's a dark color (you can't really tell here, because the color has faded after four hours of wear, but it's a pretty dark red). I might return this one.

Face: Dior BB cream, HG Ambient Lighting Palette, Nars blush in Enrapture

Eyes: Naked 1 in Half Baked and Smog, BB Smokey Lash mascara, Benefit Gimme Brow

Lips: Besame in Merlot

Red is your lipstick color.  It always looks so amazing on you.

Thank you! 🙂

Too bad about the lipstick because its perfect red on you. Maybe you can find another brand with a similar color because I really like this on you. 

88,857 Replies
testing