Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

Hi there, welcome to the thread! I have to say I think you nailed the piling too much makeup on if it doesn't show on pics, as this is exactly the goal of makeup application for many people: To use makeup in a subtle manner to enhance features without it actually looking like they have a mask on! I grew up between Boston and the Upper East Side of NYC, and my peers would spend 5 hours piling makeup on to emerge looking as though they are nude-faced, with just a swipe of nude lipstick showing! It is in my opinion the hardest possible look to pull off, but you executed it perfectly! I especially love the way you've done your eyes, and that super feisty lip! Stunning! 🙂

The lip color looks like it was made for you, giblert! Thank you for posting! I am also a huge fan of Park Avenue Princess. It's such a fool-proof bronzer and it always looks beautiful! 

<3, Randee

Allo!  Welcome to your new home away from home.  And at home.  And in the car.  And at work.  You don't think it now, but you're kinda stuck with us now.  And because I have fraggles on the brain here's a fraggle cake to celebrate your first day with us! 

image.jpg

Oh and psssst- I'm super jealous you have the lorac mega pro. 

Welcome! 😄 I love your smile. ^_^ 

welcome !

I really like your lip color! Is that a Bite crayon I see? Which one? And hi!

I just added my product list. The Bite lip pencil is "Meritage".The colour is more accurate on me in the first "after" photo where I am head-on.

Welcome! You look great!

I have had that problem with general home lighting as well. When I first started wearing make-up, I once kept layering on my old BareMinerals Ready 2.0 foundation because I could barely see it in the bathroom. I had just started to notice it inside, but outside I looked like an Oompah Loompah.

I cannot suggest a LED daylight bulb enough. I replaced my bathroom lighting and my desk light with one. They're cheap and effective. 🙂 

I usually try to check my make-up outdoors if I'm feeling nervous 🙂

It really helps to do it beside a window.  I used to run back and forth from my mirror to the window with a compact to check my makeup in more natural lighting,  before I got myself organized.   I can't beleive that worked for me for the longest time!!! 

You are beautiful and I hear you on the not showing part. But I think that's actually the art in it, and you're a great artist ;). The after photos define all your features perfectly- especially your eyes so great job! I used to never wear makeup and when I started, my friend (who got me into makeup) always mentioned she couldn't tell. I could always tell first by the feel and second by the look so totally understand your post! 🙂

Afternoon, ladies.

I'm a bit hungover, if you can't tell. Had a long night and four long islands last night. It's excellent, too, because I was just notified this morning that I have an interview with Intel myself, but for a Bluetooth Validation tech. I get to spend my weekend reviewing all my old wireless architecture literature while nursing this ick feeling.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation in Fair Beige (applied very sheerly)

3) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair

4) Urban Decay Anti Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

5) Tarte Away Oui Go palette collection (Private Chateau, Kisses Under the Arc, Art in Montmartre)

7) Kat von D Ink Liner in  Trooper

😎 Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara

9) Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Creme in Delight

10) Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black

IMG_20150214_085517.jpgIMG_20150214_085513.jpg

Bonus picture:

Miss Glitch playing in the sink.

VIDEO0003_0000024725.jpg

Anonymous Insider

That eyeshadow look nice on you! And your cat is so cute 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Sounds as though you had a good night! 😉 You look gorgeous, even with a hangover! I'm loving the intricate blend of apricot color over your eyelids, as it opens your eyes up beautifully! Your skin looks unbelievably hydrated in light of everything, and your complexion shockingly flawless, with no tell-tale red in sight! I'm loving that adorable pink-nude rosebud lip, too! You look almost certainly a whole lot more fabulous than you're feeling! 🙂 ETA: My cats drink from the tap too! Loving her cute claw guards! 😉

She hasn't learned she can drink from it yet. She paws at it, and occasionally tries to bite it. Dustin, though, will drink from the tap. Quite frequently, he'll join in me in shower and insist on rubbing his wet cat hair all over my legs.. and wet cat hair does not come off. Ever.

Thanks! I added some new products to my (now billion-step) routine to help with hydration on the jawline while still treating my normal and oily patch they way they should be. I think they're working. 🙂

All good stories start with "so, I'm a bit hungover".  Lol!   FOUR LONG ISLANDS????   You're nuts!  😂. Make sure to replenish your magnesium and potassium you crazy girl!  I can really drink, but I steer clear of crazy mixed concoctions like that if I'm sober enough to say no.  

Not to toot my own horn, but four, on an empty stomach. I like to think it's because of my swedo-germanic heritage. 

My liver does this thing: First drink, sober. Second drink, sober. Third drink, sober. Fourth drink, f*** it, it's drunk time.

I normally stay way from concoctions myself. A vodka, or a gin and scotch. Maybe a Midori Sour if I don't really want to feel much but still want to keep up with my company. But this was just one of those times.

I think I signed my tab with a heart...

Ah I love that shadow on your lids. I love soft looks like these with lots of mascara. I can't get over how cute your cat looks with the little nail protectors. xD 

Aww, thanks! I feel like I can pull them off now that my hair isn't so dark and red.

I like to think of the PurrdyPaws as "couch protectors", or "face protectors." I got tired of Missy using her claws to tug on my lips to wake me up, and her brother using them to climb up/launch off me. Plus, I just bought a new Dania couch. It's a two-fer! 8 bucks saves my upholstery and my face! Can't be that verses the cost of neosporin! 😄

You'll probably also like her harness/leash set. We just got back from an Adults-Only event my apartment complex was holding (kids got the Xbox room to play kid-friendly games while we got spiked punch). Glitch is quite an ice breaker and everyone loves her. She spent time either crawling around my boyfriend or sleeping in the hood of my (his) jacket (while I'm wearing it, no less). She loves going to these types of events, unlike every other cat we have.

IMG_20150214_190001~2.jpg

Anonymous Insider

My cats used to rock little green velvet harnesses, which they loved, but are now too large for! 😉

i really love this "color family" (eyeshadow, lips) with your new(ish) hair ! it's a beautiful synergy.

when i'm hungover, if i can't get myself a thing of large FRESH coconut water or kale juice, my 3rd go-to is gatorade. it's loaded with sugar, yeah, but really helps the dehydration element. and is more economical than my first two options. 😉

88,857 Replies
testing