Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

mY EYES just rolled out OMG THAT LIPstick!!! omgomg. >_< You look phenomenal! 

I'll catch them for you! Haha. Thanks BW 😄

LOL 

Think I found what I was going for, in terms of interview look. Super excited, and also very tired.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer

3) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair Beige

4) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair

5) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion

6) Tarte Away Oui Go palette collection (Private Chateau, Champs-Elysees Shopping, Stargazing on the Seine, Eiffel Tower Engagement)

7) Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Liner

😎 Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara

9) Bite Beauty Buttercream Lipstick in Heather

10) Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black

IMG_20150217_055150.jpgIMG_20150217_055153.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Perfect interview look! How did it go???? I am loving your intricate bending of shadows for such a subtly defined neutral finish, your complexion looks flawless, and that matte peach lip is very professional and super pretty! You look gorgeous! 🙂

It went well, I feel. I'm tentatively optimistic. They said they've been looking for a while and I'm the first person they spoke to that knew what Bluetooth was, beyond just a wireless radio technology.

Anonymous Insider

Well that sounds promising! Good luck 🙂

Your hair looks especially great here.

This definitely looks like a good look for an interview! And I love the name of that lipstick, reminds me of the movie Heathers. 😄 

What are your thoughts on that primer? I wanted to get the 100pt one but I'm scared it might be a waste.. not even sure if it's still there but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! 

The Korres Yoghurt primer is the best primer I've used to date.

I have combo skin - oily on the noise, normal, and then slightly dry around the edges of my jaw. This helps hydrate the drier areas so make up can adhere better, isn't irritating to my normal areas, and helps control oil where necessary. As I have occasional skin allergies, I have also observed my skin is less sensitive, and any irritant/stress-related blemish is easier to deal with, so I imagine it has some pro-biotic property to it (they do not claim it, but Greek yogurt is known to have them).

There is a smell. If you're familiar with the rest of the Yoghurt line, it's about the same. It's not foul or unpleasant, but some people have complained that they don't notice it fading, or that it can be pervasive. It's also a tad bit sticky once applied as it is starting to dry, but this is a non-issue for me.

All in all, I'd say it's definitely worth trying. I have experimented with a lot of primers out there, and this is the best for me, and suitable to all skin types. I get upwards of 12 hours of wear out of my make-up on average without slipping, fading, or caking using this product.

That's great to hear, my T Zone gets oily but especially my nose, I'll definitely be checking this primer out soon, thank you for your detailed experience with it! 

Yeah no problem. I do have a couple 100-pt tubes laying around if the reward is gone and you don't want to buy a full one or wait for it to come back (though it has been on there quite frequently as of late).

I also forgot to mention that not all foundations get along well with it. Hourglass, namely. Because of the formula, Hourglass foundations conflict with the primer and can apply patchy/cakey. Tarte, NARS, Lancome, Urban Decay, and Dior all seem to do fine with it, in my experience. But definitely not Hourlgass foundation.

Just something to keep in mind. One product you have may not be on speaking terms with the primer, but you may find many that do just fine.

I have Nars (the new foundation), and Giorgo Armani Luminous Silk. I switch between those two so hopefully it also works fine with them for me. Right now it isn't in the 100 pt, but I know that there's a thread where there's 100pt stuff that they don't show in the rewards link so I might still be able to get it. I'll be getting this during the 15 percent off too, because I already have a full basket of the things I want. :X

How is the new NARS foundation? I thought about giving it a shot.

The old NARS foundation (sheer glow) worked excellently with the primer, so if the formula is relatively the same, I think it should be fine.

I like it a lot, it is very lightweight and I don't have to use that much so I feel like I'm getting more for my buck. To me it has medium coverage, so it's enough to even out all of my skin tone. I've only applied it with fingers, and I have to be careful with the streaking. Depending on what I'm doing, on me it lasts 6-8 hours. I feel like it could last more if I get a different sunscreen. Also keep in mind I live in Texas where the heat gets unbearable. The only problems I have with it is the crease on the side of my nose nostrils, since I have a little bulb nose, that happens with every foundation but it's an easy fix. I set my foundation with rice powder for that lovely matte look, this foundation manages to glow through that, I love it. 

I haven't tried the sheer glow though, so I wouldn't know how it compares. 

Okay I did this last night and I had uploaded them but I removed them to add a filter so it could have that extra touch. This was my fun look.. it actually took me a really long time cause I didn't do the eyebrow cover up the way it's normally done. 

I used MUFE pigments.

IMG_20150217_013023-1.jpgIMG_20150217_012727-1.jpgIMG_20150217_012451-1.jpgIMG_20150217_012027-1.jpg

Anonymous Insider

OMG! This look is editorial and belongs on the front cover of Vogue! It is bold and dramatic and glamorous and expertly executed! It also has a past lives feel to it, as though you're the ghost of a showgirl from the 1920's haunting her old theater (and I'm assured plenty do)! The detail here is spot on: from the artwork on the forehead to the bold brows, and fierce double-winged eyes! The way you've made the look modern is through your artful placement of that shot of hot pink, the third wing in the tear duct, and the ombre effect lip - each of which is simply exquisite! This look is stunningly beautiful, as are you, and it really showcases your extraordinary talent! 🙂

You're so creative.

Thank you, TK! I'mhaving so much fun and satisfaction with the makeup I have. :"D I can't wait to hit pan on something! lol 

I'm crying because this is so awesome Heart Heart Heart

Lmao! It took so lonG. And i decided to cutnout a little moonninsstead of drawing it. Thank you *-*

88,857 Replies
testing