Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Your ability to go from heavy, "you may actually scare me if I saw you on the street" to this glowing, but natural look is unreal!  You are quite talented!  btw - What do you think of the Dior shadows?  I've been debating on a 5-color palette for awhile but haven't taken the plunge.

My honest truth is, I think their shadows are great, they have quite the pigmentation but only when you pack on the color. If you're looking for something that has a lot of oomph, these aren't the palettes, I bought this knowing that though, because I can have the wash of color I want without feeling like I have loads of makeup on. I love makeup, don't get me wrong but these palettes have a more sophisticated deal to them. The silver on the lid is the center from Tangerine dream, and it only got that way because I packed a lot of it on. But if you apply it just once, it probably only deposits 10 specs of glitter,  but it is beautiful, and it is elegant. 

To sum it up, I'd only get them if you're interested in the was of color. It's a lovely addition to have in your makeup collection, Montaigne is a beautiful palette, I have two little minis of that. I'm still debating on getting Cuir Cannage or YSL Tuxedo. Now, I can't remember how it was last time I swatched but I believe YSL does have the shadow intensity and luxe feel to it, if that's what you want. 😄

There is however a Dior palette where you can go all extreme, if that's what you fancy, the pied-de-poule, and I've seen it been worn by this girl and it was absolutely amazing, but I don't know how much she was packing on the brush. Hope this helps.  

thank you for the review - appreciate it!

Again....that lip color!! 

Ehehehehehehe 😉 you wanna get it, you wanna love it, you wanna haave it.

Ok, that comment almost made me burst out laughing at work!

COTY palette - Macaroon and Marsala matte

Too Faced A La Mode palette - top left and middle highlight colors, Cannes, and Soleil 

Bareminerals bronzer + Sephora Collection Apricot Sheen blush 

Clinique chubby stick in Super Strawberry topped with ULTA lip gloss in Illusion - again, I need a mid toned pink

IMG_20150217_083757.jpgIMG_20150217_083706.jpg

Used glitter glue again for Cannes because alone, this shade does not stick. Worked like a charm! 

IMG_20150217_083835~2.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This look brings the Sting track 'Desert Rose' to mind, since that is exactly what you look like, a beautiful rose toughing it out in the arid climate of the desert! This look is as immaculately groomed and polished as usual! However once again it is the works of art painted on your eyelids that steal the show; today they are simply exquisite desert sunsets, which make me yearn to be back living in Dubai! The seamless blending and expert color placement are simply incredible to behold in the close up! The glossy strawberry lip is cute and preppy yet also refined and elegant! You look stunningly beautiful! 🙂

Thank you ballerinagrl! 🙂

Gorgeouso

Thank you!

Such a lovely, warm look! and I love the gradient shimmer on your shadow. Gorgeous!

Thank you! 

When you say you need a mid-toned pink, do you mean you want a color like the one you've created on your lips but all in one tube, or do you mean you want a different color?

Something along the lines of this. I don't know what lipstick this is though. I just googled pink lipstick.

Screenshot_2015-02-17-15-40-46~2.jpg

Its Revlon Colorburst in Carnation. 

I love this colour too, so if you find it let me know!

sd at least look into nars 'never say never' ? it may be too dark, but i think it's worth a shot !

Hmm, it is pretty but yeah..a little too dark for what I'm looking for. 

I have two suggestions, both Urban Decay: Turn On (top) and Ladyflower (bottom). Unfortunately, the Ladyflower I have was an LE mini from a holiday set, but the color is now being sold in a sheer formula.

turn onladyflower

Thanks!! I really like those! Especially Turn On. Those are now on my loves list.

88,857 Replies
testing