Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Mocha, I REALLY like this red on you!

Thank you SD... it's called Vintage so it makes me feel so old timey every time I wear it 😉

Also, I got invited to a ballet last night (not generally my kind of thing) and I really liked the way my makeup turned out, so I thought I'd share.

ABH Dipbrow Ebony

Clinique Even Better foundation Golden Neutral

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Ginger

NARS Coeur Battant blush

NARS DI Andromeda, Europa and Himalia shadows

MJ Le Creme Mahogany lippie

YSL Babydoll mascara

03051590image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This is an immaculately groomed an polished no makeup made up look! You've defined your features beautifully in classic modern nudes! Hope the ballet wasn't too painful (as a dancer myself I totally get that it's not everyone's cup of tea ;))

Thanks ballerina!  

I don't mind the ballet actually, I just usually don't get the occasion to go.  This one was a contemporary compilation, so it wasn't necessarily what one expects when it comes to ballet, but it was still quite lovely.  

Oooh I really love Mahogany on you. Fabulous look for a ballet.

Thanks Ali!  I went with my MIL and when I showed up, I got this look from her that said eh, brown lips?  

I don't think she remembers the 90s 😄

Oh my gosh!   It looks great on you!   I'm just realizing from the comments that it can be used wet!!! There was so much colour in the finger swatches in store, I just can't imagine them applied wet on the cheeks.  

Your skin looks extra smooth and soft mocha!   What have you been doing?  Please share! 

Thanks hearts!  I saw the reviews on using it wet on Temptalia and I was a bit disappointed, so I'm not sure I'll bother trying them that way... maybe only if I'm not going anywhere.

My skin... well, my tan is fading, so that might be part of it.  I've also been ramping up the night-time masks to counteract all the vile extra-cold weather we've been having in Toronto.  And the only other thing that's been different is I switched oils I was using.  I had been using the Tarte one for a few months, but now I'm using the PTR oilless oil, and I find it makes my skin kinda luminous and dewy.  I've been really impressed with it so far.

Before BT I would have never put oil on my face.  I'll have to look at the oilers oil? Lol.  Weird.  

What ballet did you get invited to? 

It was a compilation of several short pieces.  A Carousel/The Man In Black (inspired by Johnny Cash, apparently) and Chroma (inspired by the White Stripes)

It was pretty neat!

loveeeeeeeeeee

(ps made a lippie post with all my goods 😉

Thanks yulz!

Fervor is completely gorgeous on you. Excited to hear about the rest of the products too!

Thanks Ali!  I am loving Fervor.  it is such a gorgeous color combo.

mocha, i'm gonna admit: the dual intensity blushes intimidate me. i can't really wrap my head around them, even though as objects i think they're certainly gorgeous (of course). but wow ! this looks so pretty on you ! and not too heavy (which is what i was afraid of, personally). what are you first impressions ???

Jem, I will fully admit, when I first heard about the DI blushes, I totally DID NOT GET IT.  Wet blush?  Why????

It still doesn't really make sense to me, and I don't know if I will ever bother to try them that way.  Particularly since the wet is "supposed" to be the watercolor sheer finish (according to the marketing material) and the dry is "supposed" to be the stronger color, yet it seems that is the opposite, according to reviews I've seen.

You of all people know how much I love NARS blush... and I love how the regular ones apply and perform, but the thing I am really enjoying about the DI blushes is how easy it is to be sheer with them.  I am a frequent over-blusher, so this kind of product sings to me 😉

I agree with this jemly, all but maybe two of the duos almost scare me haha.

Mocha, did you apply it dry or wet??

LOL, malday.  Strangely enough, I am more afraid of the less pigmented ones than I am of the super bright combos.

I am really intimidated by the one I assume is for contouring/bronzing (Craving).  That is so out of my wheelhouse I wouldn't even know what to do with it.

Also, applied dry.

OOH yay Fervor!! 

Fervor is gorgeous! I won't get mine until Monday, the delivery was delayed. 😞 You look grand Mocha!

88,857 Replies
testing