Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

hey jemly that means a lot coming from the skin care goddess! I just recently got the nude milk and rescue oil not even a full week ago so i don't want to say that's the reason but i have been using samples i got of the fizzy powder. Also i've been making sure i do my daily drunk elephant serum application for both morning and night. but expensive but i think it's paying off. 🙂 i've been more comfortable being without makeup, I think tomorrow for work i wont wear any again. Also, another moisturizer i've been using has been the peter thomas roth camu camu. 😄 

happy sunday everyone.

i'm posting two looks, as i didn't have a chance yesterday. but i wanted to share because they're so different from each other.

first is today. i think i look quite mean. i'm not a mean person--but sometimes i need to channel the vibes to get s**t done. ya know ? products in the spoiler 

Spoiler
NARS all day luminous foundation
NARS radiant creamy concealer
NARS illuminator, copacabana
NARS contour blush (used the matte highlight shade as eyeshadow, too)
NARS light reflecting loose powder
COVERGIRL brow pencil
STILA stay-all-day liquid liner
BOBBI BROWN long lasting eyeliner, jett, in waterline
GUERLAIN maxi lash mascara
NYX soft matte lip cream, san paolo
MARC JACOBS le marc lip creme lipstick, kiss kiss bang bang

bossy.jpg

the second look is from yesterday. i was in such a rush i couldn't get a good shot of it, really. but the main products used were NARS exhibit a blush (on eyes and barrrrely on cheeks) and NARS dual intensity eyeshadow, desdemona. L'OREAL miss manga mascara. on lips was a combo of STILA liquid lipstick, beso and NARS audacious charlotte. later in the day i took off the liquid lipstick and used charlotte with MAC lip liner in beet. wish i'd shot that !

red.jpg

Anonymous Insider

It really is amazing the way your talent with makeup enables you to look like 2 different people with such apparent ease! I love the snooty, balletic bare lid with statement liner and wing, as it reminds me of the look they did with Mila Kunis in Black Swan, and makes you look so beautiful! The lower look is bold and brave and editorial! It brings punk up to date for Spring/Summer 2015, and you look absolutely stunning! 🙂

I love love love the wings with the nude lids!!!   I think I fell in love with you there! 

Both looks are awesome!  And I must say, the first pic looks incredibly glamorous to me, not mean at all!  Stunning

So you're mixing Exhibit A with purples and a rusty orange in picture 2?  I've been eyeing Exhibit A but just haven't yet. I have other reds...

Both beautiful.  I wouldn't have come up with 2 but love it.  Black eyeliner too?

Not mean at all...

so in the second pic, the eyes have exhibit a and then desdemona. it's funny because i don't think of desdemona as purple--i think of it more of red/burgundy with a duo-chrome purple. exhibit a is a warm red so i had to make sure they were really blended. i added only a tiny bit of liner on my lower waterline, no other liner though. 

i think exhibit a is a remarkable blush, and is a testament to why NARS should do more matte blushes than they do (you still get a slight glowy "sheen" with the formula which i find very becoming). but it IS a scary blush. if i use it i apply only the tiniest amounts at a time, and find it is easy to go overboard. the key to it is to make sure any redness out of your face is reduced/eradicated with your base, because exhibit a will bring out red hues in a complexion which will only make things look over done, in my opinion. 

i consider exhibit a an art piece, really, so i'd never tell anyone NOT to get it. 

Oh now I really want Exhibit A!  I love mixing reds into things..especially the matte ones....

Desdemona is another I don't have...but while I love those shadows and have a bunch I haven't been wearing them much for some crazy reason.

I'm trying it!

I don't have light skin like you do but do have a yellow undertone so reds are okay.

Beautiful!

god i love the 2nd picture! LOVE LOVE LOVE 

You are such a powerful looking woman. ❤️

i'll fake it 'til i make it ! 😉

Not mean... Just like you mean business!

i really like the eyes on the second one.  Very Lydia 😉

Haha thanks mocha. I actually had to change my hair because it was so Lydia-esque I looked like a characature.

i like how NO ONE messes with me when I wear the red eyes 

Here's my look today:

Face: NARS tinted moisturizer in St. Moritz, MUFE super matte loose powder, Kevyn Aucoin celestial veil in Tropical Days
Brows: ABH powder duo in Ebony
Eyes: Clinique cream liner in true black, Shiseido mascara base + new Diorshow mascara + ABH Lash Genius top coat
Lips: Clinique lip liner in rich red, Marc Jacobs lip creme in 224 Magenta

This lip color isn't really for me. It looks great indoors but in sunlight the blueish micro glitter makes this look much too purple for my liking. The texture isn't gritty, it's just too cool toned for me I think. I do like the base color, though and it lasted through a day of bridal shower treats and punch (but not through a steak dinner ;))

image.jpg

The lippie looks AMAZING on you.

Oh, that's too bad you didn't end up liking the lippie.  It looks super flattering on you!  

I really like your elephant necklace, too 😉

Thanks! I got it on our recent trip to St.Martin from a little art shop!

Very pretty 🙂

Thank you!

Two looks tonight! Here is the look I wore for Friday night inspired by ShadesofKassie. The boyfriend did NOT like it haha. I loved it though.

Photo on 5-29-15 at 4.45 PM.jpg

Morphe shadows and Loreal infallible golden sage

Maybelline gel liner

UD Naked Skin foundation 

Tarte Flush blush stick 

Nars Fast Ride lipstick

And here is what I wore tonight for my 3rd-year-anniversary date 🙂 I feel very pretty and feminine, but my hair cannot be controlled per usual.

Photo on 5-30-15 at 7.22 PM #3.jpg

Photo on 5-30-15 at 7.25 PM.jpg

Shiseido glow primer

Beccal liquid perfecter in Opal

UD naked skin + Nars Chantilly 

Too Faced salted caramel + Loreal infallible Forever Pink + maybelline gel liner

Dior lash primer + Miss Manga mascara

Too faced cream blush in Tea rose

Bite Palomino lipstick

Traveling Cupcake dress from modcloth

Pink Sugar body butter from Basin White

Necklace from the boyfriend

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far!

You always look fab!  I wanna raid your closet!  

88,857 Replies
testing