Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks! After all the matching I've tried lately... it all changes next week since I'm on vacation. 🙂 First World Problems. 

Ha!  Don't I know it.  I tried to schedule my meeting at the beginning of my holiday in San Francisco so that my foundation will still match me.  Unfortunately that isn't gonna happen.  So I will be 2-3 shades darker when I have to work and probably have that ugly sunglasses mark across my nose after bicycling and sailing. 

Oh well...one more meeting with no base makeup.  Lipstick will save the day!

I just got my Sultry Muse yesterday. I need to play with it too. You look great mrsB!

Thanks! Let me know what you think! I used the purplely/brown color which is pretty. 

Cameo looks fantastic on you! I love how it looks with your blush ❤️

Thank you! 

I will give you an "A" for Effort, mrsb! Everyone has their favorites, I guess. 🙂

Ahh thank you! A well deserved A! I'll play with it a little more I guess. 

Tried out Viseart Dark Mattes today (*waves to jozkid*). I actually struggled with it quite a bit. I had to restart my eye almost completely, so I was running late and ending up locking my keys inside of my house. Smh. I posted about my issue on IG and a Viseart rep contacted me. I emailed her and she's going to help me figure out some cool looks with the palette! That was really sweet of her. Anyway, here's the final product.

2015-06-11 09.21.10.jpg2015-06-11 09.20.42_resized.jpg

I kept it simple on the face, I used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting, Marc Jacobs Promiscuous, Diorshow mascara, and Dior Rouge Baume in Lili.

I love it.  Looks so natural and pretty.  Then your eyes close, and it's like, bam.  Color.  

I really like the look you created jellybean, but I can totally sympathize when you've got something in mind and it doesn't turn out the way you want.

That's pretty cool that they reached out to you, though.  Echoing the other ladies, do let us know what they tell you.  I just ordered Dark Mattes from Muse yesterday, so I'll probably be needing some tips, too. 😉

Thank you! It can just add a little extra frustration in your day when things don't go as planned.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted! They're on their way to Dallas for TMS, so she said they might not get back to me right away.

That's very cool that the rep reached out to you. I hope she sends you some good ideas. 🙂 FWIW, I think you look really nice here. Dark without being too dramatic.

Ooohhh I love your eye look jellybean. I will copy this once I get my hand on the dark mattes. I love my cool matte palette too.

You guys are making me feel bad! (Kidding.)

First, I think your eye makeup looks great! But it's always been my feeling that many of the Viseart palettes aren't necessarily meant to stand alone, but are meant to work in conjunction with each other. I think they all have a niche that they fill to create looks. Unless I was doing some sort of editorial or advertising work, I think it would be really tough to use the Editorial Brights palette by itself, too, though using a few of the colors to punch up a "normal" look would work. Know what I mean?

That's how I feel about the Dark Mattes. Those colors add real depth to, say, the Paris Nudes palette which can read very medium-toned.

In any case, that's great that a rep is gonna help you out! Please share whatever suggestions she has!

One more thing, did you cut your hair? Looks a lot shorter than the last time I saw you!

Thank you! I was happy with the finished product but it just wasn't what I was going for. Cool Mattes has been incredibly effortless for me each time, but this fought with me. I forgot to say I had used a bit of Naked Basics for some of the usual business, although I did want to use some of the blues above my crease as well. It just didn't pan out.

I did cut my hair! The long hair was just in my way constantly, and had no style. The style now is kind of growing out, and I'm deciding what to do next. I'm at a loss! If anyone has no fuss hairstyle suggestions, I'd love it 🙂

You look very nice! I like what you came up with! I just did the same thing on IG; I need help if I'm oging to keep Sultry Muse. 

That's very awesome! It's refreshing when a company goes the extra mile. I love the colors you chose!

I was thinking the same thing. It's impressive and wonderful that a rep contacted you to offer some suggestions. 🙂 I think you look really pretty today. 

The color on your lid is very pretty! 

Playing with Naked 3 today because anytime somebody posts a look with it, it makes me want to use it. 

Also wearing a mixture of blushes from Stila Portrait of a Perfect Cheek

Dusty Cedar + Maybelline Sensational in Bit of Berry

Please ignore my clumpy lashes - I might just toss this CK One mascara but I hate throwing things away when there's plenty of product left ..

IMG_20150611_093147.jpgIMG_20150611_093409.jpg

88,857 Replies
testing