Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks greenchilli!  It's called Besame Red 1920.  I think each one of their colors is named after a year.

You nailed it! How do you feel about those sample sticks?

Thank you, TO90!  To be brutally honest, while I think the color is lovely, I don't think Besame is for me.

Applying from the sticks was a lot harder than I thought it would be (but still a great way to try out color/formula) and the formula of the actual lipstick feels quite thick and heavy to me.  I am acutely aware that I'm wearing it, if that makes sense.  When I wear BITE, NARS or MJ they are so smooth I forget I have them on.  

Mocha, I have Besame - Red Hot Red.  It is a beautiful colour and goes on quite nicely.  But it did feel like lipstick sitting on my lips.  And it didn't stain.  So when I had lunch, it wore off on the inside of my mouth (and showed texture).  I am sure it would have lasted if I only drank out of a straw. 

I wil keep th eBesame I have, but I think I will pass on the line.

1920 stains.  I eventually tired of the obvious feeling of it and tried to take it off.  My lips were stained a garish pinky red for a few hours afterward.

Ahh yes that's how I feel about the kvd liquid lipsticks.. like my lips have a mask on. The colour is amazing on you though.. are all the sticks the same shade?

TO90, unfortunately yes, that 5 sticks are all the same color.  

This is so chic. The viseart mattes look stellar on you, and I love the no liner look with the bold lip.

Thank you, KB!  

I am so the opposite of chic IRL (more like super clumsy) but I am happy and it makes me smile to think that I am giving off that vibe.

Today, I decided to mix some old with new. Before I decide on the finality of the Viseart Palette, I wanted to try it again, so I used Chocolate Bar (old) with a color from Viseart Sultry Muse (new). It's ok I guess... (Jozkid... see, I tried)!  I also am wearing CT Cheek Sweep in Ecstasy, and Burberry Lip Gloss in Cameo. My foundation is from Cover Girl; the new Outlast Luminous Foundation. And my bronzer is NYX Matte Bronzer. 

Faith 61115 small.jpg

Expensive and stunning, as always.

Hey you, stop being so flawless 😉 

Very pretty and polished!

That blush is so perfect for you, mrsbaine,  And I am loving your blouse; so summery!

Gorgeous!! Looks perfect with your top!

Flawless! You are beautiful.

A very nice pink and soft look, Mrs. B.

Very pretty blush and lips. Aww, not a fan of the viseart palette? How come? Genuinely curious, as I may get other palettes.

Thanks! 

When I swatched it, I didn't love the pigmentation of the lighter colors. I also didn't think these shadows were more finely milled than some other things I have (MUFE, Gucci, Burberry and Tom Ford, LMdB). I may have just picked the wrong palette; the color may just not be good for me. I need to play with it a little more.  The satin sheen is pretty; but I feel like the shadows are a little sheer maybe. I'm going to try a bit more with it before I decide what to do with it. 

Fair enough. Thanks for your assessment 🙂

Good foundation...I think it matches you well!  I like this pinky bronze look.

88,857 Replies
testing