Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

@lmaster  Thank you Love !

RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

I feel the same way about not needing new shadows but they are so pretty! Lol great look!

Re: RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

@KehDee  The struggle is real. Lol

@fatimamummy ,

This eye look is so lovely on you!

Thank you @tsavorite !

@fatimamummy  The Esperanza palette was one of my favs for the longest time (lol, three months or so but that’s an eternity in the makeup world) I bought a backup of that one cause I used it so much!  
Your eyes look gorgeous!  I’m envious of all your lid space! 

Thank you @heartsmyface ! I remember being so excited for Esperanza palette but only used a few shades. I didn’t know how make others work for my skin tone.

@fatimamummy Yeah, some of the Pastel shades would look chalky on anything past a medium skintone.   
i kinda wanna pull mine out and see if I like it as much as I used to or if it was just a really good color combo for learning to apply on fair skin.  

RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

It’s a gorgeous look!!!

Re: RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you @idanyd 

Yesterday’s look (today’s a no-makeup day). It was a balmy 40ºF which I though might be a Friday the 13th trick to lure me outdoors into a trap. 😂 I remembered to take photos during daylight hours before I left.

Also thought I might as well continue the sequential PMG palettes theme I’ve fallen into.

FA2F9305-70F8-4B9A-9278-91EF5A195148.jpeg9A39B45B-5CA8-492C-BC67-919577970464.jpegPale Fire’s on more than my inner corner: I layered it over Euphoria on 2/3 of my lid to create a pinky violet shade.Pale Fire’s on more than my inner corner: I layered it over Euphoria on 2/3 of my lid to create a pinky violet shade.

Details: 

Spoiler
Next time I do this look, I’ll incorporate the Ritualistic Rose quad.Next time I do this look, I’ll incorporate the Ritualistic Rose quad.

Brows

Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil in Black Tea

Undereyes

• Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Peach
  • Becca Ultimate Coverage Longwear Concealer in Cinnamon
  • By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, shade Radiant Light

Center of face

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette: a mix of shades Radiant Light and Incandescent Light 

Eyes

• NARS Tinted Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in Medium Dark
  • Pat McGrath MTHRSHP La Vie en Rose
  • Top lashes: Wander Beauty Mile High Club

I don’t have Mothership III Subversive, so I subbed her 6-pan sister into the Mothership number 3 slot. I’ve probably said this in this thread before but: La Vie en Rose is one of my favorite palettes because I can get various types of looks (soft, bold, minimal, complex) out of it and I love its color story. While looking through yesterday’s photos, I realized that this 6-pan + Ritualistic Rose = a Mothership palette. 

PMG La Vie en Rose + Ritualistic RosePMG La Vie en Rose + Ritualistic Rose

Cheeks

NARS Blush in 413 BLKR   

Lips

ColourPop Lux Matte in JV

Some folks see denim blue as a bold “unconventional” lipstick color. I see it as a neutral. That’s what denim is, after all: you can wear blue jeans with any other color(s) of clothing. (Same goes for black and deep brown lipstick shades: these are neutral colors.) JV is my favorite neutral denim lipstick shade. I wish it was in the cream formula of CP Lux instead of matte, but I still love it.

I love this pink shimmer! @WinglessOne 

Thanks @Buootiful !

@WinglessOne Love the eye look

Thank you @SportyGirly125 !

Love the colour combo!

Thanks @ather !

Such a pretty look @WinglessOne 👏, that is my fave PMG palette (I have the larger one).  I wanted that green gold special shade so I bought the whole thing for one shadow 😳 thankfully I use the rest of them.  PMG is tricky she lures you with those special shades lol.  Love the brand and the shadows.  That is a beautiful and neutral blue.  I agree it’s neutral like grey to me.  It’s wonderful on you.

Thanks @2manyperfumes! Heh, I’ve yet to be lured into buying a 10-pan Mothership just for a single shadow. If I think I won’t use half a palette (by any brand), I won’t buy it. I had to swatch Mothership II (Sublime) in person before buying it, to see if I’d use more than its green shadow. 😂 I do want the big Subversive palette, just not as much as I want Decadence. Had Subversive been in stock during PMG’s sale, I’d have bought it then. 

Lol @WinglessOne ❤️ It was seductive and different.  Now I’m lusting over the Stars War collaboration, I love the 6 pan shadows she had last winter.  They were a lot less $.  I did want the bronze one (red case) last year but that subversive palette was so interesting and I have nothing like it.   They are a bit tricky when I first started using them.  I couldn’t figure out what the hype was about.  Once I figured out how to use them - well the $$ is the only thing that stopped me.  

@2manyperfumes  If you want that 10-pan Star Wars palette, which is actually a re-release of Mothership IV Decadence, you’d better be ready to purchase on 12/26. 😄 It’s going to sell out FAST—not so much because of the Star Wars casing, but because Decadence is a cult favorite limited edition palette that sparks a feeding frenzy each time it’s re-released. I’ll be shocked if it’s not long gone by midday. I think both the Star Wars 6-pans sold out on release day; I’m not sure if they’ll come back. 

I’m glad you wound up loving Subversive after getting through some application issues! You might know this by now but: Pat’s good about giving application tips for each Mothership, usually on each palette’s product page at PMG direct, where she describes each shade. I like to see her intended application methods so I know if certain shadows are meant to be used wet vs. dry, with a finger vs. a brush. From there, I experiment on my own to figure out what works best for me. I do use my fingers a lot with Pat’s blitz and astral shades, and even some of her metallics. 

88,857 Replies
testing