Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

@moxiepancakes  So pretty!!!!

That topper is gorgeous @moxiepancakes 

Today I used a lot of MAC single shadows and lipstick, I decided to swatch my collection.  After I finished and couldn’t find one, I posted without hpjust to find it later in my purse lol.

rest of the look was with No 7 foundation, Covergirl concealer, dermablend setting powder,

Peter Thomas Roth illuminating cream highlighter, 

Melt lipliner, Covergirl brow pencil, Hourglass bronzer, blush

single shadows by MAC,  Smashbox gel black liner, essence lash liner, mascara

Film Noir lipstick by MAC

9E1C8069-668A-43C5-9BE2-06281384FD57.jpegEF3A6CB3-0DF2-41EE-A48F-F1FBA83801EA.jpegD5B8E958-C8C9-4D80-BD2C-10CC3208A56A.jpeg6033D1F5-BCB7-4F1B-92CA-D4886C328882.jpeg

@2manyperfumes, Isn't it funny, no matter how large our m...

@2manyperfumes, Isn't it funny, no matter how large our makeup stash gets, I can usually tell you were every item is. It drives me crazy when I misplace an item. Really like the Mac eyeshadow on you.

Re: @2manyperfumes, Isn't it funny, no matter how large our m...

I know @Luvstravel 😂 so true I know when something isn’t in its place or has been borrowed or misplaced.  Yet I can’t remember much on other stuff.  Thank you to the shadow.  I started trying out MAC shadows last year and a half.  I like this formula so when they put the purple and gold on a big discount I picked up the two.

RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

Loving the vampy lips!!!!!

Re: RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you @idanyd ❤️

@2manyperfumes I LOVE that lip shade on you! 

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT ❤️ 

@2manyperfumes  I love the bright purple!!! 

Thank you @ather ❤️ It’s a beautiful formula similar to PMG in its thin, smooth application but with lots  of pigment.  Doesn’t go on chunky with a lot of texture.

You are a beautiful canvas! @2manyperfumes 

Thank you @lmaster ❤️

@lmaster  I agree @2manyperfumes  is so beautiful and is always looking on point. Just like you always do!!! 😍

Thank you so much @ather @lmaster @heartsmyface  thank you for the support 🥰 my personal life is such a mess and I’m under a lot of stress trying to juggle too many serious things.  The only happy place is when I lock myself in my room to do my makeup and put on a brave front.  I have a child with serious issues from drugs to eating disorder that I don’t share stuff on social media about.  I’m exhausted and my PTSD, anxiety and depression is full on yet I’m high functioning and trying to muddle through everything.  If I didn’t have this makeup outlet I’d really shut down.  I’m muddling through work and getting what I can cope with daily done.  Last night I was in emergency with her until after midnight then back at work to open the store this morning.  Grrrrr deep breaths and it made me feel good to finally just say life is definitely not my IG, YT life but a sanctuary to help me through what is up ahead.  Phew that actually felt good to just spit it out ❤️

@2manyperfumes Aw big hugs.  You have a lot going on emotionally right now.  I’m so sorry you’re sleep deprived on top of everything:(. That doesn’t help at all. Once I get to that point I can’t sleep unless I cry.   

Anxiety.  Depression.  PTSD. Love of makeup. This sounds so strangely familiar.   I think you’ve found your people.  

i quite literally do the same- lock myself away for 45minutes to and hour for what I call ‘self love time’. Putting on makeup serves multiple purposes - meditation, putting on a face to fake it til you make it, and an hour of no worries and just what’s immediately in front of you- simple pretty things.  I guess when it comes down to it it’s just simplicity and control that it represents. 

Aww thank you @heartsmyface 😘❤️ I think I have found my people.  You’ve completely explained it - the locking oneself away and putting on the suit of armour that brings comfort and a bit of normalcy to the craziness that lurks outside.  What you describe is familiar too.  Grr the sleeping is the worse because the recurring nightmares and PTSD acts up leaving me tired but too anxious to sleep.  Waking up 4-5 times a night.  I plug in my headphones and watch makeup tutorials on YouTube which help me fall asleep.  Not that they are boring but the talking makes me sleepy eventually.  I’m super sensitive to any unusual sound or noise out of the ordinary.  Same with my sense of smell for something burning.   More PTSD from trauma and having to look after someone with dementia and Alzheimer’s.  They are a danger to themselves and others especially at night if they are mobile.  

Oh honey!! @2manyperfumes I completely understand, and also have many challenges IRL 😳 absolutely this is the best therapy and outlet ever!! Always here for you!! I can't even drive on a highway.. That's the least of my problems,, but I totally understand where you are coming from 🤗

Thank you @lmaster ❤️, I understand all to well about highways and panic attacks.  I’m a bit better now but not the big 8 lane nightmares.  It took me years and I get it completely.  Confession my panic attacks were so bad I actually started smoking again to be able to drive long distances on 2 lane highways, dark country roads.  Big cities, 8 lanes, rush hour traffic NO (I don’t even think I could do it for $1000 of free makeup) that’s a serious anxiety because you know how much I love makeup.  Always here for you and everyone else.  😘

@2manyperfumes I would pass out from being dizzy!! 

I’ve almost done that @lmaster ❤️ It starts with ringing in my ears 

88,857 Replies
testing