Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I picked up that phrase from someone here. 😉

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is a beautiful pink! I believe KKBB is part of this year's birthday gift, I'll need to dig mine out and play with it

Yeah, a friend was excited that she's getting it in her birthday gift, so I wore it in honor of her. 🙂

Ohhhhhhhh, I like the effect of that glossier skin tint!  It looks like real natural skin!   

I'm a bit guilty cause I haven't touched my magic balls in a while.  Gonna pull them out today!  

Thank you! I love the skin tint. I know it's not for everyone, but even though I definitely do not have flawless skin, I love wearing something that shows my imperfections. It's like a statement for me: this is what a human looks like. But I don't want to denigrate women who wear full-coverage foundation. You do you, ladies!

I keep my magic balls out on my vanity at all time so I don't forget about it. I'm making myself wear powder (switching between magic balls, Besame violet, and Laura Mercier) just to use it up.

I envy you.  My skin is pretty good and I still prefer to hide my little imperfections.  I've become accustomed to the porcelain doll look.     Perhaps if I still had freckles I'd have something cute to show off, but they got bleached away with skin lighteners and retinol, and the sun hasn't kissed my cheeks in over a year.   I'm a vampire.

I mean, real talk, I do wish I could achieve the porcelain doll look. But foundation just feels so heavy on me now—I can't go back. I had to work my way down from foundation to BB cream to this.

Pro tip for battling the vampire look: wear all the blush. 😉

Lol, funny you say that.  I consider full coverage foundation a winter thing.  It's like a fuzzy warm sweater for my face, lol.  It may come out at night sometimes throughout the year for cameos though! 

I'm down to nars tinted moisturizer which is feeling full coverage right now.  

I'm sure what to do for summer this year since i used up the last of my MD SolarSciences tinted sunscreen and it's not available to canadians anymore.  Blah!  

Gotcha!   Gonna use ALL THE BLUSH!    

;]

Rosey cheeks! ❤️

A little too rosy toward the back, LOL. 😉

too rosey?   Bah!  You look satisfiededly flushed!  

"Satisfiededly Flushed" is the store-brand knock-off version of Nars Orgasm. 😉

Anonymous Insider

LOL!

😜 It still sounds classier! 

20160307_154901.jpg

20160307_154904.jpg

KVD Nosferatu

Inglot gel liner - 77 (I'm slowly getting better at winged liner!)

Chanel Le Volume Mascara

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick - Warm Sand

NARS Porto Venere

The dark lips and the scarf/sweater give a beautiful wintry vibe. The soft lilac tinge on your eyelids is so pretty, too!

You're like a doll.  

How do you like Le Volume mascara? I'm working on a sample tube of it. I love the formula (long lasting, no flake/smear, makes my lashes look fabulous), but, the brush is terrible. It goes on clumpy, and the only way to make it look fabulous is to put a lot of work into it. I have to use a second brush (a clean tester spoolie) to thoroughly separate them. 

Is the brush on the full product any better? 

I've never tried a sample of it, so I can't say much about how the two compare, but it's probably the same brush. I find the brush to be a bit clunky and I have to make sure I don't get it all over my lids, but I don't really get clumping with it. Could the sample be dried out a little? Or the opposite - if it's very new it might be difficult to work with. I usually put on two coats, waiting about 30 seconds in between and if the first coat isn't perfect, the second one evens it out.

Maybe clumpy is the wrong word. It's pretty goopy, and I don't get great separation out of the brush. I like a fluffier brush (Diorshow), as it is easy for me to get good separation. I do like the Le Volume formula better than Diorshow, but I have to work at it to get it the way I like it. 

88,857 Replies
testing