Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

@RGbrown  I love them!  Sephora did a great job matching your brow color to your hair too.  I know it feels weird when you're not used to doing your brows, but it looks really good.

@Ispend2much6 thanks so much!

I really like them @RGbrown!  I think they really frame your face well and help anchor your eye area if that makes sense. They don’t look too heavy or close or any of those other things you might be worrying about. The only thing I might suggest is going a tiny bit redder, but it’s hard to tell for sure from just the photos. I think the more defined brows make you look more youthful, too. Very nice!

@jozkid thanks so much. 😊

I'm not sure the color is quite right either. I coulda sworn I had a Benefit Brow something or other in shade 3 here at home already so that I could do a side by side with the #2 she picked out for me today, but alas, I haven't found it yet...hopefully I will before I have to take this off tonight. But I do feel like this is just a tad too light.

@RGbrown I think your brows look great in both photos!!

@DaneeBT thanks so much!

@RGbrown You look lovely, both before and after! I know when I started doing my brows, even just filling them in a teeny tiny bit more always made me do a double take in the mirror, it just looked so startling! But after awhile, the brows didn't look so POW anymore so then I'd fill them in a little more, thicken here, extend there...now my brows are a must do 😕 win some/lose some?

Though I will say, the whole trend of eyebrows getting closer and closer...not my preference 🙂 A MUA did tell me that the closer the edges, the thinner it would make my nose look. She suggested the width of my thumb, which I personally think, would have been RIDICULOUS 🙂 

Omg, the bridge of my nose is super tiny. If I penciled in my brows that close they’d look like they were tied in a knot @MissPuff!

Someday when I win the lottery, I’m going to get mine microbladed. I draw so much in I go through brow pencils in a heartbeat!

@MissPuff thanks so much 🙂

It's definitely going to take me some time to get used to seeing this; I do think I'll be dialing it back a bit for a while and working back up to something this "done"...not really sure I want fancy brows to become a "must do" for me quite yet lol

So I wonder...do we cycle all the way through the thumb gap and unibrows become a thing? Hahahahahaha 😛

@RGbrown doesn't that feel like the inevitable next step? I shudder at the thought! Eyebrows, stay away from each other 🙂 

@RGbrown Fun! What do you think of having them filled in more? I'm kind of in your camp, I don't bring my brows as close together as people tend to now... back in the day I learned this idea that you trace an imaginary line from the side of your nostril, to the inside corner of your eye, and that your brow should come to the same part. I'm old so I keep doing it this way. It's fun that you test-drove some new things though! The color looks great.

Spoiler

eyebrows-shape-basics.jpg

@fieldsofclover

I do like having them less patchy and more filled in...I've been dabbling on my own a teensy bit already, but it was nice to have in-person help today instead of just a video or written tutorial.

That's actually the technique we used in class; she had me lay the pencil down on my face and use the tip to draw that first line as I pulled it down parallel to my nostril. It just looks odd to me, on me at least. One brow is pretty close to that line naturally, but the other is a good quarter or maybe even half inch out from it. I guess I'm just used to that much lopsidedness, because drawing in that chunk of brow looks incredibly foreign to me right now 😅

I dyed my hair :DI dyed my hair 😄

Makeup is (almost) identical ..."right" was today 🙂 

EYES:

- Shu Uemura Shu Palette (love)

- Sephora Craig&Carl Brown Eyeliner (Great eyeliner. Am glad I bought the set) 

- Lancome Grandiose Mascara (love.. but sometimes gives me raccoon eyes)

- Elf Brow Wax (I kinda love this. It helps my brows from going mona lisa)

- It Cosmetics Brow Power (okay) 

FACE: 

- Age20s Cushion Compact (love)

- Cargo Blush "Big Easy" (one of the few FS blush I hit pan) 

LIP: 

- KVD Liquid Lipstick in "Double Dare" (love)

- Dab of Benefit ChaCha Tint (love) 

_MG_8090.jpg 

My makeup's boring lately because I only wear makeup when I'm working.. and when I'm working, I just apply from muscle memory. 😄 

Gorgeous, @MSena!  I love your natural makeup look!

@MSena  So pretty!! Your skin looks flawless and that lip color is perfect for you!! I see why you like it so much. Lovely!!

@yankeefaithful Thank you so much 🙂 ! Last year my skin gave me so much trouble over the winter that I tried really hard this winter. I'm glad it looks better now. 

@MSena  I know, this winter has been so cold and harsh, that I've had problems with some dryness that has never happened!! I also found a great esthetian, and the facials have worked great and my skin has looked the best it has in months!! Feels great!

@yankeefaithful That sounds lovely 😄 A facial sounds amazing any time of the year, but especially now when I'm eyeballs deep in finals.... I'm so happy for your pretty skin! 

I love this lip combo @MSena! It looks so nice on you 🙂

@DaneeBT Thank you 😄 I wear it almost every day. 

Which reminds me, I should restock on Double Dare when the April sale begins! 

hooded eyes are the worst y'all, trying out my new KVD metal crush eyeshadow with a MUR palette and UD backtalk liquid lip

88,857 Replies
testing