Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What are you wearing today?

What makeup is everyone wearing today?

Today I am wearing:

1. Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation in Champagne

2. Benefit Coralista blush

3. TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer

4. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm

5. Dior Addict Lipstick in 454

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in RSVP

and under all this I am wearing Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Sunblock SPF 50

So c'mon now...confess!

Re: What are you wearing today?

Oh my.  That is so pretty.  I may not be able to wait until I win that trip to get that palette. I will however have to wait until I come off my no buy.  How were they to work with?  They look like they were really smooth, like the paint palette it imitates.

They were very smooth and extremely blendable. Even the dark green/blue with glitter in it gave me absolutely zero fallout (HOORAY NO FALLOUT). They sheer out with ease; it took no effort to blend out the edges of the bronze/bluegreenglitter throughout the crease. But you can also build up the color to opaque coverage with just a few pats/swipes.

It's very different from, for example, the Electric Palette, which you really do have to work at to sheer out. The UD electric palette is super in-your-face bright color (which I love for different reasons than the MJ palette). The Marc Jacobs palette seems more suited to everyday summer wear, because you can use any of the shades at any intensity you wish, and it really does turn out a kind of 'watercolor' effect on the lids. I think people who are typically afraid of using bright colors can get a lot of use out of this palette, especially if you're armed with a set of neutrals to mix in on the side.

I like that the colours don't mud up when you blend them either! 

Awesome review, Lari!  I think you've just about sold me on this palette too, haha, but I do want to wait and see more beautiful looks from you.  What you've done with your eyes today looks fabulous and works well with the lip stick combo you paired it with!

Of course! I'll put up a proper review after I'm more familiar with the rest of the shades in the palette, but they all appear to be high performers. I understand why some reviewers on the product page are disappointed that they are highly blendable and can be sheered out, but I think that's the point of the palette... to make brights accessible, versatile, and wearable. I think I will really love it for days when I want color (and don't want to be "boring" as I like to say about myself) but the event/company I'm with won't necessarily go for the BAM brights of the Electric Palette.

This is my first try with Marc Jacobs eyeshadows, and it really is different from anything else I own. The texture is just so lovely, and I am still astonished that the one glittery shade in the palette has no fallout.

I also... strangely enough, don't find myself longing for a matte. I initially put in a transition color from the IT Cosmetics palette, but I realized it wasn't necessary - the bronzy shade in the MJ palette did the work for me. Totally beautiful both concentrated and blended out.

Stay tuned later in the week for more shades and playing around. Not wearing makeup tomorrow (chore day), but I'll be back in the game by the weekend.

Thank you so much, GBean!

I was just about to make a thread on if I should buy this! I've been debating for a while now, but I think I might just need this palette in my life haha. It's just so beautiful!

ps: I was actually waiting for your review ,so I could ultimately decide whether I should splurge or not. (:

If you want to hold out a bit longer, tati, I'll work on trying out all the shades throughout the week and weekend. I don't think it's in imminent danger of selling out (I sure hope not anyway! there were plenty in stock at my local store), and then you can get a fuller picture of all the shades' performances. 

SOLD.  That is exactly what I am looking for.  

Glad to hear it, notcreative! I really think this is a colorful palette that could work for anyone. The addition of the bronzy shades and the dark teal/glitter/green really work to neutralize and deepen other shades... so fun and interesting to work with.

Thank you for the great review, Lari! 

<3, Randee

No problem! I'll add a review to the product page when I play with it and get to know all the shades better. Smiley Happy

IMG_2014103022364.jpg

Today is Makeup forever studio case in the shades I-524 in the inner lid and brow bone, ME-108 in the outer lid, D-926 up above and in the crease and blended way out of proportion Smiley Very Happy They blended together so well, and it has a really neat effect in different lighting. Tarte Amazonian clay liner with Stila sparkle waterproof liner on top of that in the shade royal.Salon perfect lashes in 45. 

I love this color combo - it's amazeballs with your skin tone.. What order do you apply shadows? Do you tend to work from the lid up or brow down or some crazy matrix expert progression?

This is sheer perfection! I love this so much it is hard to find superlatives adequate! The colors you've chosen work together perfectly, and the blending is so inconceivably incredible my jaw dropped to the floor! You have SO much talent! The exquisite attention to detail is simply amazing to behold! Smiley Happy

0.0  ouhhhhhhhhhhh

wow that's stunning. I can't get away with it but you have enough color (skillfully blended) and style to pull it off for both of us. Smiley Wink I love experimenting with color and seeing others do the same.

aww thanks!

I love, love, love this!! Did I say love enough times? Haha. Your looks are always so perfect! I gotta steal a page from your book and start putting colors together that you normally wouldnt think go well together. Beautiful!

Thanks! Yes try it! You may find a favorite color combination!

I love this color combination.  Looks gorgeous.

Thanks! I'm really loving branching out and trying color combos that don't look like they should go together. Its fun!

33,248 Replies