Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What are you wearing today?

What makeup is everyone wearing today?

Today I am wearing:

1. Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation in Champagne

2. Benefit Coralista blush

3. TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer

4. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm

5. Dior Addict Lipstick in 454

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in RSVP

and under all this I am wearing Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Sunblock SPF 50

So c'mon now...confess!

Re: What are you wearing today?

BLESS YOU.

I keep forgetting mascara...but I almost prefer it because it bothers my eyes when I remove it sometimes.

Alaffia coconut face lotion (I hauled some major Alaffia stuff at Whole Foods yesterday)

Too Faced Beauty Balm Vanilla Snow (got a sample of this so testing it out!)

TF Shadow Primer

TF Natural Eyes palette - silk teddy, push up, erotica

Guerlain perles du paradise

TF Natural face palette - bronzing veil, cheek blush, luminizer

Anastasia GoBrow

OCC Lip pencil

OCC lip tars - stalker, electric grandma...., authentic

So disappointed in the lip tars today...idk what I did but they feathered so badly I looked like a kid who just ate a cherry push pop....

I did not even notice you forgot your mascara again.  When I forget mascara, you notice.  You have fanatic lashes.  This is another great lip color you made.

Thank you notcreative Smiley Happy I always forget to do something!

You look so beautiful and bronzed today.

Eyeshadow looks fantastic and that lip color is great on you.'

I cannot see anything wrong with it

Thank you Evangeline, I took these pictures before the feathering happened. I got to work and the top had feathered like crazy!

That's super unfortunate because that color looks so gorgeous on you.

I love how you have been blending your eyeshadow lately.

Is there anything new that you've been doing?

Aww you are so sweet. I am thinking maybe it was too oily, because of the heat some oil settled on the top so it got mixed in...

As for blending, I have been cheating my crease and bringing the dark color a little higher to just below/on my eyebrow bone.  I also got new brushes sort of recently and use them almost exclusively now. I got the Too Faced eye shadow kit and use the smudger for liner (it makes it neater), the lid brush for my lid and really pack it on, and then the all over/blender for all over and for my crease.  I have looked at what other ladies have done, and gotten more confident which I think made a difference.  Hope this helps!

You certainly did help.

Thank you!

I know what you mean by all of these great looks inspiring and emboldening you to do more or try something different.

I'm definitely going to try that tip.

Thanks again.

I was just about to ask what mascara you use 0_0

I usually use TF Better than Sex or Dior Iconic Overcurl, if that helps.

The colour is great!!!  Who doesn't wanna look like they ate cherry candy????   It's so vibrant and cheery!  Besides it's a quick fix if it's bothering youSmiley Wink. I think it looks great but you're probably more bothered by it Than anyone else! 

Haha after I got to work it feathered :/ I had to wipe it off.  It looks pretty good in the pics though, I think the copper color really worked well with the cherry red.

It's such a shame that the lip tar feathered so badly on you, because it is one of the most luscious, gorgeous shades you've ever worn on your lips! I hope you can make a similar shade work next time. I love it so much!!! Your shadows are also exceptionally pretty today.

How do you like the TF beauty balm? I've heard mixed things, I think.

Thank you!!

I'm trying it for the whole week to see how my skin reacts, and so far so good!

I've noticed you're getting a little more adventurous in your lip color choices... looks great! The bright colors light up your face!

Thank you! Sometimes I worry it makes me look Snow Whitey, and too pale. But in the bottom picture (under skylight) I look more tan.

Tried falsies for the first time today. I feel like they look really unnatural...any tips on how to get them to blend better? Or is it just that I'm not used to seeing them on myself?

Eyes: 

Naked Basics

Jane Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Olive Branch

Kat Von D Eyeliner

Sephora Celebrity Lash false lashes

House of Lashes Eyelash glue

Face:

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum

Blush:

Milani Luminoso

Lips:

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park

Buxom lipstick in Nudist

Ah sorry for the extremely large pictures!!! 

You are beautiful! And lovely makeup! I think the only way to make falsies look more believable is to go for a more natural lash. But usually they don't look "natural" IMO.

Thanks. Yeah I'm starting to see that. I really want to be able to pull off falsies with them looking as close to natural as possible. Not sure that's possible! But these were boyfriend approved so I guess they didn't look too bad in person Smiley Happy

I think the lashes you selected look great.  The really unnatural looking ones do not appeal to me either, but these really do not look unnatural to me.  It just looks like you have long, beautiful lashes, because they almost blend in with your natural lashes.  In my opinion, the best falsies are the ones that look like a longer, fuller version of your real ones.

I have never worn false lashes, so I cannot offer any advice on application.

Thanks. Yeah it was my first time playing with them so I think any false lash would look unnatural to me. I'm not giving up just yet though, I think I just need to find the right ones. I think I'd wear these again.

I think you've done fabulous with utilizing false lashes with this look! If you do want to check in on some tips for them, I provide another user a while back with a break down and some visuals that cover types of lashes and even trimming:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes-Q-A/How-do-I-use-false-eye-lashes/qaq-p/386457

I find to better help false lashes blend in with your natural lashes is to "set the stage" by first prepping your natural lashes. If need to use a lash curler, do so to amp up curl and better shape your natural fringe to follow the curl of the false lashes. It can help to even lightly overlay the false lashes along your lash line and see the difference between your lashes' natural direction of growth and the curvature of the false ones. From there, apply a coat or two of mascara (even mascara primer if you choose) to give some lift and hold to your natural lashes. From there, apply your false lashes to your liking, ensuring to get them as close as possible to laying flush with your lash line, let dry, and then add a light sweep of mascara so it can "fuse" the look together. You can always take a clean spoolie or lash brush and comb through lashes to ensure no clumps gather or bulk up the look. If the band or adhering base of the false lashes "jut" out to you and are very tell-tale, go over the area lightly with a swish of black (or even dark brown) liquid liner or a cream/gel liner to create a seamless and very thin line to essentially recreate the lashline. Be sure lashes are fully dry before doing this as you don't want to tug up or move the false lashes after being laid in place.

Thank you! You're such a pro at everything makeup, I'm really glad you posted here. Thanks for your help and expertise Smiley Happy it's really appreciated!!!

33,247 Replies