Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What are you wearing today?

What makeup is everyone wearing today?

Today I am wearing:

1. Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation in Champagne

2. Benefit Coralista blush

3. TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer

4. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm

5. Dior Addict Lipstick in 454

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in RSVP

and under all this I am wearing Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Sunblock SPF 50

So c'mon now...confess!

Re: What are you wearing today?

I am thoroughly impressed with the primer.  I will have to give more neutrogena cosmetics a try.  I use a lot of skin care items from them but not the cosmetics so much.  

Its sad that I don't go for that palette very much anymore.  It used to be my obsession.  I guess that's how things go.  I will have to play around with Sidecar...I don't think I really used that one so much. Toasted was my go-to shade when I used the palette a lot.  

I have been fairly impressed with their cosmetics.  I think they're the high end of the drug store makeup.  I've only returned a couple of products.  A powder because I didn't need it with the liquid makeup, and a moisturizer because it was too moisturizing for me.  However, it would be perfect for people with drier skin.  I am very devoted to their makeup removing wipes, too lol.

I love Toasted!!  I use it for a smokey type of look.

I tried an under eye concealer that I was not impressed with - it was just too heavy for the area.  I have been wanting to try the Healthy Skin foundation for years, but I always talk myself out of it when I am looking at the display.  Not really sure why!  I feel the need for a drug store cosmetic trip sometime soon!!

I love their makeup wipes too! Those and the Aveeno ones are my favorites by far. Their eye makeup remover is a staple for me too - I don't like using the wipes on my eyes. I use the oil-free moisturizer daily.  It's another Neutrogena staple of mine.  I didn't realize how much of my skin care regimen belongs to Neutrogena til now!

I can't remember if Walgreens is running a special on Neutrogena cosmetics or not.  I know most of the other brands are BOGO half off this week.  At the Walgreens I go to, there's a little sign for Neutrogena products to get $1 off when checking out in cosmetics.  

I haven't tried anything by Aveeno!  I've browsed the section, and it looks like they have some interesting products.

Ohhh I will have to make a trip to Wallgreens. I have been itching for some drug store makeup shopping! BOGO half off deals are great too. Hopefully Ill make it there this weekend Smiley Happy

I got a sample of the Kat Von D lock it at my local store to try.

Kat Von D Lock it - L 46

Tarte creaseless concealer - light

ELF under eye setting powder

Wet & Wild Color Icon Blush in pearlescent Pink

Benefit Lemon Aid (on my eyelids)

ELF studio brow kit in medium

LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes (will the 3 months be up yet? ugh, cant wait to toss this tube)

NYX brow wax

Badger Lip Balm in cocoa

Anyone else have an issue with creasing with the Kat Von D foundation?  I used my Sephora Airbrush Precision Foundation brush about 5 minutes after the initial application to buff out any foundation that made its way into the creases on my forehead.

photo-96.JPG

How do you like the Kat Von D? Never personally tried a full coverage foundation, terrified that its going to suffocate my skin and cause a huge break out!

@crayzeeRN  I actually like it a lot. Way better than I thought I would. I didnt have to put on any concealer for spots/blemishes. I just had to conceal under my eye area.  I would recommend getting a sample at Sephora before buying though.  I am wearing the shade 46 which says it is for pink undertones but I think it looks fine on me (i have slight yellow undertones)

Thanks! Looks like a good color match, looks great on you Smiley Happy

@crayzeeRN  I think it does match well!  Better than some I have tried recently (LM Tinted Moisturizer in Nude - not so great color for me).

1. flower beauty about face foundation

2. rimmel stay matte powder

3. thebalm hot mama blush

4. thebalm maryloumanizer

5. mac lipstick, snob

6. buxom lip cream, white Russian

7. KVD lock it tattoo concealer, 18

8. too faced shadow insurance

9. thebalm shadow, caught in the act Courtney and the supermodel

10. thebalm overshadow, no money no honey

11. merle norman pro pen eyeliner, sharp black

12. cover girl clump crusher mascara

@roxystar4 -- girl you have beautiful big eyes!!  wow!!  and that blush looks so pretty.  I have been dying to try a WnW blush but I have so many in my stash already.

I haven't had the problem with KVD creasing, although I noticed if I put too much it does get cakey.  I've been trying to apply with a beautyblender which works if I only want a thin layer, but I think a brush works better if I need fuller coverage.  

@drrragon Thank you for the compliment!  I feel like I look cross eyed in 1/2 my pictures because Im trying to get a picture on my phone and Im looking at the little shutter and at the screen (back and forth).

So far I have liked the Kat Von D Lock It. I think I just needed to blend it out a little more.  My husband commented on it tonight so that is a good sign too! Sometimes he tells me that he isnt a fan of certain foundations (like he thinks they are too dry or light or dark).

The WnW blush is great! Super pigmented (i only use a little cause it is bright) and looks nice.  I have been impressed (and for $2.99 it is a steal). 

Went to a nice dinner last night & wanted to share what I wore:

Hourglass primer
MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation - 30
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye
Kat Von D concealer - 22
Sephora Microsmooth Blush Duo- mango beam
Too Faced Milk Choc Soleil
ELF HD finishing powder

Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Palette eyeshadows
Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof Mascara
LORAC PRO Front of the Line eyeliner
Elf Eyebrow kit - medium
NYX eyebrow wax pencil

Lip Lites Strawberry Parfait
LORAC trendsetter Lipgloss
Jane Iredale Lip gloss cosmo

photo-81.JPG

prettyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks violalea !  It was a fun night (work function for my husband) Smiley Happy

Wow! the colors are gorgeously coordinated and your skin looks flawless! So pretty!

@onomotopoeia9  Thank you!  I love this Microsmooth blush duo! It lasts a super long time.

sorry, ive tried a few diff things & couldnt get the picture to be upright Smiley Sad

Cute! Love the mango beam blush and your coral top Smiley Happy

<-- obsessed with all things coral right now Smiley Very Happy

@crayzeeRN  Coral is really fun.  The dress is a little closer to a peach color.  The Blush is def more of a coral color. I am in love with the Microsmooth blush duo. I find myself grabbing it often. 

5 Replies