Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

this is so so pretty!! love all the colors you incorporat...

this is so so pretty!! love all the colors you incorporated! @WinglessOne

Re: this is so so pretty!! love all the colors you incorporat...

Thank you @lmaster ! โ˜บ๏ธ

Re: What are you wearing today?

Great job combining those shades!  I love how the blue adds such a nice "pop."  I don't know what I'm doing wrong but every time I use BB's Truffle as a base, my powder shadows don't last.  It never used to be that way.  Like you said, they usually don't budge at all.  

By the way, Gilt City has BB $30 vouchers off of $80 or $125 purchases plus a free gift, (the vouchers are free.)

Thanks @Ispend2much6 ! Iโ€™ll have to play with Truffle and some powder shadows to see if the powders slide around on me, too. The Viseart blue shadow stayed in place where I blended it over BB Dusty Mauve, but I applied that shadow stick to just 2/3 of my lid to allow the blue shadow and liner full pigmentation in my outer corner. Hmm. 

Also so thanks for the Gilt heads up! Iโ€™ve tried to hold out for new BB shadow stick shades, but now I might need a few new lipsticks... ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@WinglessOne  You look fabulous but i am here for your amazing perfume description ๐Ÿ™‚ T-Rex!?!? Who would have thought! It's unfortunate the initial scent was so intense, it sounds like it mellows out to something quite lovely. Though I'll admit, the first image that popped into my head when you wrote "T-Rex experience" was you walking around waving your arms ๐Ÿ™‚ 

t-rex.gif

@MissPuff  ๐Ÿ˜‚ Thereโ€™s a book called T-Rex Trying by Hugh Murphy that speaks to my soul, as a short woman whose arms are not meant for this tall people world. 

Found this at TJMaxx a few years ago and had to buy it.Found this at TJMaxx a few years ago and had to buy it.

289453C8-7410-4527-9263-75C791F4845B.jpeg

My favorite from the book. <3My favorite from the book. โค๏ธ

Hereโ€™s Zoologistโ€™s marketing fluff description of this perfume: 

Spoiler
โ€œA sultry heat wafts across the land, lapped up greedily by the abundant flora that thrives in its midst. Trees soar to majestic heights and plants flower for the first time, their petals spreading to give birth to a world rich in diversity. The Cretaceous period comes of age against a backdrop scorched by wildfire and lightning strikes. Over this turbulent landscape, a massive predator looms. Giants rule the earth, but even giants can be cut down within the powerful jaws of the fearsome tyrannosaur. Standing tall, the terrifying beast fears nothing, until that pivotal moment when a fire in the sky signals the end of their deadly reign. 

Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex is a gargantuan scent that sinks its teeth into the world of delicate fragrances and rips it wide open. Primitive woods and florals seize you and sn*tch you away to an ancient era. Smoky, charred wood warns of the danger of smouldering fire, setting your senses on edge, while droplets of metallic rose oxide offer a chilling premonition of blood-lust. The mighty Tyrannosaurus Rex is sometimes menacing, sometimes fascinating, but never, ever ordinary.โ€ 

Hilarious that sn*tchโ€”err, quickly grabโ€”is on Sephoraโ€™s bad words list. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I havenโ€™t heard anyone use that as a bad word in a probably a decade. 

And here are the fragrance notes: 

Spoiler

Top Notes: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Fir, Laurel Leaf, Neroli, Nutmeg 
Heart Notes: Champaca, Geranium, Jasmine, Osmanthus, Rose, Ylang Ylang 
Base Notes: Resins, Cade, Cedar, Civet*, Frankincense, Leather*, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla 

*Synthetic notes. Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex does not use animal products. 

I donโ€™t hate the initial burning wildfire scent. I love smoke in fragrances. I just didnโ€™t expect it to be so strong here. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ”ฅ And this was a dabber sample; if I buy a bottle, Iโ€™ll have to be very light-handed on the trigger and wear it only on one spot. But Iโ€™m fine with that. One of my favorite perfumes ever (Anubis) requires the same technique. Plus, I love how T-Rex transitions over time. And yeah, Iโ€™ve definitely just talked myself into buying a full bottle. ๐Ÿ–ค 

Love the poor T-Rexโ€™s dilemma- I commiserate being just over 5โ€™ tall.  The fragrance sounds intense but very interesting โค๏ธ

@WinglessOne WHAT! That book is AWESOME! I am totally getting that for my nephew ๐Ÿ™‚ 

That fragrance description is so enticing...I'm totally going to look up Zootologist now !

@WinglessOne love the whole look. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125!

You're rocking it! I love your awesome eye shadow and lipstick! 

Thanks @NomDePlume42 ! 

Today I tried on a few more items that my daughter gave me.  Including the palette with no name.  

NYX dewy honey primer

Dermablend foundation 

Covergirl concealer

Urban Decay Shapeshifter contour palette 

Dermablend banana bright setting powder

Laura Mercier illuminating powder

ABH brow definer

Physicians Formula butter bronzer 

Hourglass Blush

mystery palette

Sephora waterproof jumbo pencil (bronze-brown)

Hourglass Extreme caution mascara, Ardell lashes

Gosh antique rose lipliner

Bite Beauty candied guava lipstick pen

Laura Mercier lipgloss

1664294B-2BA2-4CD0-B111-3D1487281D9D.jpegCEC79627-55D6-4B5C-B14F-0672ABE3FECB.jpeg82838A78-4832-4DB5-91B0-6F1B7B6F7613.jpegDEFE1CAC-8004-4C8F-A388-892BD0D9772B.jpeg

@2manyperfumes ,

Lovely look!  The palette with no name is intriguing!

Thank you @tsavorite โค๏ธ Well one day maybe Iโ€™ll find out who makes it

@2manyperfumes ,

It also looks like such a great palette!  I love looking at the colors! 

(I'm easily entertained!)

Thank you @tsavorite ๐Ÿ˜˜ the moment I said no buy for a while - I ended up with more eyeshadows and lipsticks 

RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

Beautiful look!!!!

Re: RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you @idanyd โค๏ธ

RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

@2manyperfumesBeautiful look, as always. ๐Ÿ˜Š I thought I had found a name to your no name palette, but then I read that it came with a lip tray as well? Back to Google I go!

Re: RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you @joragroy ๐Ÿฅฐ Iโ€™m completely stumped lol

testing