Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: Ohhhh I'm loving this look!

thank you @IttyxBittyxMe ❤️

Re: What are you wearing today?

I envy your ability to pull off browns!  Looks good 😊 @2manyperfumes 

Thank you @l8totheparty ❤️

Thank you @l8totheparty 😘 - boring browns lol but I love them.  

@2manyperfumes  I love both looks on you, and you do a fantastic job with your liner! 

Thank you @PrettyPaint ❤️ I put a darker shadow with a liner brush first before I go over top with an actual liner to keep it neat.  

What a great trick @2manyperfumes 

@2manyperfumes What a fun challenge! You've made me want to dip back into Born to Run tomorrow. 

Thank you @tastelikewater ❤️ The challenge was from beautyandstuff on Instagram, she’s also in the Sephora community too.  Urban Decay’s Born to Run Palette is by far one of the best palettes from last year.  So many options.  

RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

@2manyperfumes I can relate. I also have a coworker that’s very opinionated and always says passive aggressive comments about everyone all the time. I just try to ignore it and think about makeup 💄 or anything to calm me. Your look is stunning today!! I think you should do a red look tomorrow instead of orange 🍊 but whichever color you choose it’s going to look magnificent cause you’re really talented in makeup 😊

Re: RE: Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you @idanyd 😘 yes you are right about passive aggressive lol.  I usually walk away and do my own thing unless a customer walks in.  Focus on my happy place the world of make up 😂 thanks I was leaning towards red so that I can use my Blood Sugar palette.  

RE: What are you wearing today?

Going a little retro today with a bandana headband (which you can’t really see, oops!) and a wing. I didn’t realize until I looked through the pictures how different the thickness is on each eye. Have to pay closer attention next time and leave enough time to fix it! SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner 01 BlackL'Oreal Lash Paradise, Tarte Busy Gal Brows in Taupe, Omiana mineral foundation, Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Match Stix Matte Contour Skinstick Amber, BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed HighlighterBOBBI BROWN - Lipstick, SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Shine Lip Gloss 07 Pink Crystal

love the eyeliner and lippie @tastelikewater

love the eyeliner and lippie @tastelikewater

Re: RE: What are you wearing today?

@tastelikewater  Your wings look great! I’m kinda envious of your lid space: if I use eyeliner across my entire lid (winged or not), it takes up all the visible space there. 😄 

I see I’m having BIC posting issues again today: I could swear I replied earlier but that comment never got posted. Trying again. 

What a beautiful look @tastelikewater. I think your wings look great! 🙂

RE: What are you wearing today?

You look really pretty!

Love the winged liner @tastelikewater 🥰 another glowing and fresh look.  

@2manyperfumes That's kind of you, thank you! Definitely need more practice to make them even and determine the right thickness. 

Posting a few looks from August. I’ve struggled lately with health issues so I haven’t been wearing makeup much (psh, I’m lucky if I manage to wash my face once or twice a day). So many things I want to play with, so little energy to do it. But ANYway, enough pity partying. 😄 

8/13

For decades, my usual “everyday” look has been nothing but brows and lipstick, with the occasional mascara kicker and a wee bit of concealer as needed. Blush didn’t enter “everyday” rotation until my mid-40s. 😄 This day’s look is a perfect example of my longtime usual. 

8/13/19. Details in spoiler tag.8/13/19. Details in spoiler tag.

Spoiler
A rarity: mascara on my bottom lashes.A rarity: mascara on my bottom lashes.Perfume samples are a wonderful thing.Perfume samples are a wonderful thing.
Brows: 
- MAC Shape + Shade (brush end only) in Stud 
- Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil in Black Tea 

Eyes: 
- Top lashes: Tarte Big Ego 
- Bottom lashes: Wander Beauty Mile High Club 

Undereyes: 
- Smashbox Hydrating Under Eye Primer 
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande 
- By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder 

Nose: 
Lancôme Blur & Go Stick 

Cheeks: 
NARS Blush in 413 BLKR 

Lips: 
Fenty Mattemoiselle in Flamingo Acid 

Perfume: 
- Etat Libre d’Orange, Experimentum Circus 
- Etat Libre d’Orange, True Lust Rayon Violet de Ses Yeux 

I started with Experimentum Circus in the crook of both arms but wasn’t sure how I felt about the scent. So I layered True Lust over it on one arm. True Lust might be a bit too powdery on me. Experimentum is a bit too... I dunno, something... on me. I need to try it again to figure out what’s bothering me. 

Both of these fragrances are new to me, and perfect examples of why I love perfume samples—even if I have to pay for them. 

8/15 

When your eyes are too irritated (stye + sinus pressure) to handle all the eye makeup you wanna wear.

8/15/198/15/19

Spoiler
9EC04C8B-ADDF-40E7-BE5B-2B41F6BE1DEF.jpegI should play with the PMG gold pigment more often.I should play with the PMG gold pigment more often.
Base: 
Supergoop Smooth and Poreless 100% Mineral Matte Screen 

Listing this only because it’s tinted. Good luck seeing the tint on my skin tone, though. 😄 

Brows: 

Eyes: 
- NARS High-Pigment Longwear Eyeliner in Sunset Boulevard 
- Pat McGrath Gold 005 Pigment (from the Metalmorphosis 005 Gold Eye Kit) 
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks in Golden Bronze and Violet Plum 

I rarely play with the PMG gold pigment. But today I wanted to give the NARS liner a gold leaf boost under my eyes. It doesn’t show up nearly as well in my photos as it did in person. 

Also, I gotta give PMG direct a shoutout (again) for essentially gifting me the Metalmorphosis eye kit. They sent it to me last year instead of the Dark Star kit I ordered. When I emailed them about it, they overnighted me the right kit and let me keep this one for free. Their customer service team rocks. 

Undereyes: 
- Becca Concealer In Cinnamon 

Nose: 
- Lancôme Blur & Go Stick 
- Beauty Bakerie Flour setting powder 

Cheeks: 
NARS Blush in Exhibit A 

Lips: 
Urban Decay Vice Lip Chemistry Lasting Glassy Tint In Overload 

I don’t like this lipstick. It’s beautiful and feels comfy right after application (applies patchy, though; requires at least 2 coats to fix). But around the 30 minute mark, it gets sticky and tastes bitter—and makes anything I eat or drink taste bitter. And it wears down unevenly. I won’t wear this again. 

If anyone else tries one of these UD Lip Chemistry shades, let me know what you think of it. I wanted to try another shade, but I won’t if they all perform this badly. 

Perfume: 
Killian, Black Phantom 

8/21

I was well enough this day to wear makeup again. 

8/21/19. Oh hi there, inconvenient pimple! So glad you could make it to today’s photo shoot!8/21/19. Oh hi there, inconvenient pimple! So glad you could make it to today’s photo shoot!

Spoiler
Giving that yellow Glossier eyeliner a second chance.Giving that yellow Glossier eyeliner a second chance.
Brows: 

Eyes: 
- Glossier Play Colorslide eyeliners in Disaster Class and Nectar 

Undereyes: 
- Becca Concealer In Cinnamon 
- NARS Narsissist Wanted II palette, Ambition 

Cheeks: 
NARS Narsissist Wanted II palette, Queen (as blush) and Taos (as highlight) 

Lips: 
Sephora Lipstories in Festival Lights 

8/28

My eyes were still too cranky for more makeup than this. Too bad: I wanted to dip into more palette colors and add mascara. Oh well. 

8/28/198/28/19

Spoiler
If I can’t use all the colors on my eyes, I’ll use ‘em on my cheeks! :DIf I can’t use all the colors on my eyes, I’ll use ‘em on my cheeks! 😄
Brows: 

My brows aren’t the same shape. I usually pluck one to “match” the higher arch of the other. (I never go for an exact match—I accept that my brows are not identical.) But now I’m trying to drop the higher brow’s arch instead. With the MAC brow brush, it’s easy to add individual natural-looking hairs beneath that brow. 

Eyes: 
- Glossier Play Colorslide eyeliners in Jumbo and Disaster Class 
- Viseart Editorial Brights palette - orange shadow 

Undereyes: 
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande 
- NARS NARSissist Wanted 2 Cheek Palette - PYT and Ambition 

I’m putting the Smashbox primer through various tests without true setting powders. (No, I don’t consider blush or highlighter to be a setting powder.) I want to find out how well it can hold concealer in place. It did very well today! 

Nose: 
NARS NARSissist Wanted 2 Cheek Palette - Ambition, dusted across the bridge 

Cheeks: 
NARS NARSissist Wanted 2 Cheek Palette - an ombré of Penthouse (bottom), Queen (top), and Taos (cheekbone) 

Lips: 
ColourPop Lux in 27 

@WinglessOne oh I sure hope you start feeling better soon

@WinglessOne oh I sure hope you start feeling better soon

you look so good @WinglessOne love each and every look!!

you look so good @WinglessOne love each and every look!!
2 Replies
testing