Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

@Luvstravel  Iโ€™m trying to decide which Melt stack to buy as my first experience with their shadows (Iโ€™ve heard about and seen them for a long time but never owned any), and youโ€™re selling me on this one. ๐Ÿ™‚ Especially since Iโ€™m trying to talk myself out of the new ND palette with similar color story. These shades look great on you! 

@WinglessOne, ok @Mochapj just posted a picture of the ne...

@WinglessOne, ok @Mochapj just posted a picture of the new Natasha palette ๐Ÿฅฐ

Re: @WinglessOne, ok @Mochapj just posted a picture of the ne...

@Luvstravel  Yeah, Iโ€™ve seen a few pictures and swatches of ND Sunrise. The first day I saw it, I had just talked myself out of buying Cranberry. ๐Ÿ˜‚ In terms of color story, Sunrise is kinda like Cranberry x 3 and harder to resist. But I really hope someone who gets Sunrise swatches it against Sunsetโ€”another palette I almost bought but didnโ€™t. Meanwhile, maybe Iโ€™ll buy a different Melt stack. Iโ€™m just very attracted to Haze right now because itโ€™s a similar color theme to those other palettes... there are a couple other Melt stacks Iโ€™m interested in, so I might end up with a different one. (Would love to play with the shape shifter stack in person!) 

@WinglessOne , I swatched the Cranberry the end of last year and read where they didn't re formulate it but just placed it on the now all white palette casing. I never ended up buying it, but it swatched nice20181110_150629.jpg

@Luvstravel  Thanks for the swatches! I swatched it last year, too. ๐Ÿ™‚ I also saw that itโ€™s in the white case instead of limited edition gold, which I guess means itโ€™s a permanent palette nowโ€”so at least I can stop FOMOing over it, since itโ€™s not going away. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I remember many people complaining about the cream mattes, but I didnโ€™t have trouble with them when I played with a tester (on my hand, not my face) in person. I assume they perform similarly as her cream matte blushes, which Iโ€™m pretty familiar with. Hmm. 

My inner debate: โ€œI could just buy Cranberry. Or I could buy Sunrise and have 3x the pans for more options. But how many similar shades do I really need in a palette? Do I even need that whole palette? Cranberryโ€™s a nice small edit with the essentials. And Iโ€™d actually travel with Cranberry, not Sunrise. Then again, how stable are those cream mattes in that case for travel? Will they dry out? Itโ€™s not like her blush palettes that have an additional interior lid for the creams. And honestly, do I REALLY need either of these palettes? Argh...โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@WinglessOne , couldn't tell if my Makeup Forever eyeshadow palette pics disappeared,  so here they are.Screenshot_20190525-052309_Gallery.jpg

@Luvstravel  I usually travel with Make Up For Ever singles, too. (I have a lot of their singles and love their super sturdy โ€œxlโ€ sized magnetic palettes.) Sometimes I travel with a PMG 6-pan. I donโ€™t travel with larger palettesโ€”not even customized palettes of singles. I could create my own MUFE 6-pan version of ND Cranberry and Melt Haze, but Iโ€™m a bigger fan of MUFEโ€™s metallics and shimmers than their mattes. 

The thing with palettes and single shadows is, every colorโ€™s been done by every brand in every finish (except maybe duochromes), so there are many dupes. I have a crazy need to test all of the things, so I look for the best performing shadows across a color story/theme. Itโ€™s why I wanna test a Melt stack and have a hard time talking myself out of something like Haze: I have dupes of most of those shades, but I donโ€™t know firsthand how Melt performs yet and I wanna find out. Iโ€™m the crazy person whoโ€™ll buy both Haze and Cranberry and test them against each other ๐Ÿ˜‚ though thatโ€™s not an even test since one palette has cream mattes. Luckily, none of these palettes are probably going away anytime soon, so Iโ€™ve got time to decide which one(s) to buy. 

@WinglessOne , completely understand ๐Ÿ˜Š

@WinglessOne , All my palettes stay at home when I travel. I only carry my Make Up Forever palettes, since they travel so well. Here are my two new eyeshadow palettes I've made up from the singles being on sale. Here's a pic of my blushes with highlight in middle that I travel with.Screenshot_20190525-052810_Gallery.jpg

@WinglessOne, that's are hard one. Natasha's new palette...

@WinglessOne, that's are hard one. Natasha's new palette is $65 and the Melt Haze stack is $48. I would have to go with Natasha for the variety of colors though instead of just the 4 Melt colors in the stack. Not knocking Melt over Natasha, I would just get more use out of the palette, but I know you said you liked singles ๐Ÿค” Hope the correct answer for you pops up ๐Ÿ™‚

Beautiful @Luvstravel โค๏ธ I love the Melt single shadows.  I only have one but itโ€™s sooo good ๐Ÿ‘

@2manyperfumes , They are nice. I might try the silver next ๐Ÿค”

@Luvstravel ,

Wow!  Good find!

@tsavorite, I hope they start carrying this in the stores...

@tsavorite, I hope they start carrying this in the stores so people can see how impressive they are.

I love the red color, @Luvstravel!

@curlychiquita, This stack was just unbelievably pigmente...

@curlychiquita, This stack was just unbelievably pigmented. It reminds me of the KVD crush single eyeshadows.

@Luvstravel  So pretty!

@Samtian, Thanks.

@Samtian, Thanks.

That looks great @Luvstravel!

@faeriegirl, I really like this stack!

@faeriegirl, I really like this stack!

Beautiful look @Luvstravel .  These aren't colours I would normally be drawn to in a palette, but seeing them on you, dang... I might need to look into this!

6 Replies
testing