Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you @tsavorite!

@jozkid, loving that gloss! You're one of several people...

@jozkid, loving that gloss! You're one of several people who have mentioned Viseart in their post lately. I need to check it out 😊

Re: @jozkid, loving that gloss! You're one of several people...

Ooh @Luvstravel. I LOVE Viseart shadows — I have 6 of the full size palettes, a Theory palette and a Petite Pro. The colors are beautiful, they blend well and there’s little to no fallout. And while the price point is a little high, the cost per shadow is pretty reasonable. You should definitely check them out!

This is good to know, @jozkid. I have been eyeing some of the Viseart palettes for a looooooong time. Fallout and chalkiness have become more of a concern as I just don’t want to deal with it anymore😠 good timing as the sale is coming up this month🙌🏼

@eshoe I’ve never had issues with Viseart being chalky or leaving fallout. And they really last. My first palette was Neutral Mattes which gets heavy use and I only ever hit pan on one shade. 

Did you have any palettes in particular you were you were checking out?

The eyebrow and eyeshadow palette, @jozkid. There is a dove-gray, bottom 2nd to the right, that seems really close to a Chanel color I love but is discontinued. I didn’t realize this was an eyebrow palette, I don’t use wax on my brows and it looks like 3 of the colors are wax/pomades. I like the Theory Enamored as well. Still on the hunt for a blush that agrees with my changing skin!

You picked all the palettes I know nothing about @eshoe! lol! I can’t help you with the eyebrow/shadow one as I’m pretty loyal to ABH when it comes to my brows. As for the blush/ highlighter palette, I haven’t heard much about them. When the blush palettes came out a lot of folks here thought they were a bit powdery and patchy. The formulation might be slightly different with the one you’ve been looking at. Have you looked at the Viseart thread? You might get done info there

It figures, @jozkid! I haven’t really combed through that thread as I keep talking myself out of a palette. I have 3 shadow palettes, and only use a few neutrals in each (except for the ND, I venture out a bit there and layer the brighter greens with neutrals on top😉). Is there one you would recommend?

@eshoe What is it you’d like to try?  Are you more of a matte or shimmer person? Neutral or more out there? Light or dark?

These are the palettes I own: Neutral Mattes, Cool Mattes (first one), Bridal, Paris Nudes, Dark Mattes and Bijoux. I also have a Theory palette in Cashmere and Petite Pro 2 (at least I think it’s 2). Are any of these under consideration?

Neutral shimmers are where I’m at right now, @jozkid. I like mattes but don’t think they are the best look for me. Theory Amethyst looks nice, as does Tryst and the 05 and 06 palettes, Sultry Muse and Paris. They look wearable, practical for everyday use! 

@eshoe I was going to suggest Paris Nudes. The colors are soft without being super neutral. Sultry is another good one. It has colors that can be considered sort of neutral with a little oomph 

I like the pictures I’ve seen of Tryst, but it seemed like I had palettes that sort of overlapped with that one. I didn’t opt for Theory Amethyst because I didn’t think the tones of these purples would be flattering on me, but that may not be the case for you. 

Twenty percent off is is a great way to try out Viseart, though!  Which one are you leaning toward?

Sounds like I would get the most use out Paris Nudes, @jozkid. Though I like the idea of Amethyst as purple tones down my olive skin. Thank you so, so much for steering me in the right direction. I have never been a palette person but after taking the plunge with the brown green one, I am finding it’s a lot of fun playing around with the colors! This makes me think I should go for the Amethyst as with the greens I have, it would be a nice contrast. 

I'm going clean and natural today. Foundation, Bite Multistick in Papaya as cream blush, winged eyeliner in Magic Marc'er in Mocha, pink lips with UD Weirdo.

@sephoramusthave

I really like bite papaya @nothingclever. It’s a handy little multi stick!

Todays look is inspired by @bakeamuffin choice of Velvet Teddy by MAC yesterday. I was TOO heavy handed with the blush and resemble the mask behind my head now!

IMG_2727.jpg

- Tarte Flirt Palette with 'Hotline' over my lid and then a dusting of 'Passion' on top

- MAC Matte blush (depotted and don't have the name but I think its Modern Mandarin)

- Benefit BADGAL mascara

- KVD Eyebrow pencil in Walnut

- Lip Velvet Teddy by MAC

@Aaliaa You are not wearing too much blush.  Or it doesn't show on the camera.  All I see is you looking fabulous.  Your brows look perfectly defined here without being overboard.

Thanks @sprocketta, I did a session with a Sephora Artist a few months ago and she recommended only drawing a line under my brows then blending it up. I'm lucky enough to have nice brows so I can get away with nothing but also look overdone if I'm not careful.

@Aaliaa Sounds like you got good advice.  I never mess with my eyebrows.  My mom overplucked hers when she was younger and they are barely there.  I just don't mess with mine because they seem fine to me and I don't want to ruin them.

I feel you @sprocketta. I do get mine done, they are too unruly otherwise but I'm suuuuuper particular about getting them done. I don't need two matching eyebrows just a little clean up. It can be hard as I find aestheticians feel like they HAVE to match and in the process thin it out. 

LOL at the ‘no need for matching eyebrows,’ @Aaliaa😆 me too!!

You look very pretty, @Aaliaa!  Your blush looks good on camera!

6 Replies
testing